e-mail address option?

Supergrani
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

e-mail address option?

[Post New]by Supergrani on Nov 22, 13 4:41 AM
Under settings one can add your email address. What is the purpose?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:e-mail address option?

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 22, 13 5:24 AM
So that you can back-up your profile using your email. Don't ask me how it's done, but that's the reason. Or you can just skip it.

I am assuming it's in case something goes wrong and your whole game is gone for whatever reason, so you can retrieve it that way.

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Dec 16, 13 10:21 AM
This is something all FTP games should have..very cool

pianogrinder
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by pianogrinder on Dec 18, 13 1:30 PM
So if the game data is lost, How do you retrieve the backup file from E-mail? I'd like to know how this works.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 19, 13 10:26 AM
Hey All,

That's a good question pianogrinder. It appears that if you lose your game, you will be asked to sign in with your email address and password. Your game progress can then be retrieved from the game servers and you can pick up from where you left off.

I hope this helps answer your question!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by magnoliamoon on Jan 17, 14 9:08 PM
I entered my e-mail address today Jan 17, 2014 and now my game won't load

[Post New]by sunkingsolstice on Jan 19, 14 6:14 PM
I set up the email option and it immediately gave me a network error and now I haven't been able to play since then, about 24 hours. Every time I try to log in I get the same Network Error message.

[Post New]by sugarloafpaul on Jan 20, 14 11:00 AM
The email tab on my game does not work and I have just been robbed of a weeks worth of park expansions and attractions, shops and food vending, some of which I paid for. Your follow through on honoring your commitments to customers sucks!

[Post New]by stormy1210 on Jan 22, 14 2:07 PM
My grandson just started playing today and I told him to put my email in there so he didn't lose his progress and now he can"t play either, Yay me! Please fix asap!!!!

[Post New]by CuteAccountant on Jan 22, 14 8:23 PM
As far as I can tell it doesn't work. I am logged in with my e-mail but I still keep loosing my progress!

quarters94
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by quarters94 on Jan 25, 14 7:27 AM
I added my email address so i could back up, i was level 12- because it had ost some of my levels when i was on level 10 i took me back to 9 and got rid of some of my mascots. the next time i tried to log in it keeps saying NETWORK ERROR!! Help?!! it has said this for 3 days now. So freaking annoying!!

[Post New]by tiggershome on Feb 12, 14 9:58 AM
DO NOT USE EMAIL OPTION....as soon as you do it freezes your game and locks you out with "network error".....and they know this and have had complaints for months and do absolutely nothing about it....

[Post New]by rrmmhtl on Mar 31, 14 2:12 PM
I wish I had read this thread first, but I entered my email and not get Profile Network disruption. Did this ever get fixed for any of you? Thx Randy

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Mar 31, 14 2:30 PM
Hi rrmmhtl

I set up the email option before starting the game and haven't had a problem but others who tried to do it later were not as successful. I don't know if this issue has been fixed or not. My suggestion might be to scroll to the bottom of the page where it says Get Help and then click on the Customer Support link to the right. If anyone can help you, it is them. Make sure you check your Spam folder, if you do not receive a automated reply within a few hours. It should be 24 to 72 hrs afterwards that a real tech person will get in touch with you by email. Good Luck and I hope they are able to get it sorted out for you.

[Post New]by rrmmhtl on Mar 31, 14 3:44 PM
Thx Bffirefly
I did contact BF on Saturday and today got the automated reply. I have emailed them back so hopefully they will email soon. I was just about to get 250 tickets from the the chicken castle quest so I am very anxious to get back in!! Thanks for replying. rrmmhtl

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Apr 1, 14 11:28 AM
You're very welcome rrmmhtl. When you are able to get back into your game, the Possible Mascot Combinations and the Mascots threads might interest you. The Mascots thread is where a bunch of us hang out and chatter about our mascot attempts. You'd be welcomed by the gang and I can verify they are a great group of people.

[Post New]by rrmmhtl on Apr 1, 14 4:49 PM
Thanks so much Bffirely. I have been reading the mascots thread for quite a while but was shy about jumping in. When (if) I get back in I will let you know.

[Post New]by cluefan929 on Jun 3, 14 6:54 PM
Has anyone gotten a solution for this problem? I wish I had read this before, but I did the email option Thursday and have been unable to connect again. I sent to Big Fish for help with the Dr. Felix report attached but only got the generic response so far. Still waiting on a real tech response. Also tried emailing the developer Fugazo but since I didn't get the game through them, they have not been helpful so far. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know!

[Post New]by cluefan929 on Jun 7, 14 6:35 AM
I've been waiting for big fish to respond to my Dr. Felix report for 6 days - this is ridiculous! Has anyone else experienced such crappy customer service from them? I have always gotten quick and helpful responses in the past.

[Post New]by balugawatching on Jun 29, 14 11:35 PM
My game totally reset on me. I did have it logged in with my email. I don't know how I could recover it tho.

Go to: