Puzzled about a puzzle!

[Post New]by fmgiven on Nov 22, 13 1:07 PM
Chapter 3: Police Station Puzzle. The Guide on page 16 shows the solved puzzle as having 5 green tokens, 5 blue tokens and 18 stars, with TWO blank spaces. In the gameplay, my puzzle shows SIX green tokens and only one free space. Haven't solved the puzzle, and think this is why! (Or is it? Have others solved this with no problem?)

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

Puzzled about a puzzle!

[Post New]by tookat on Nov 24, 13 6:06 AM
fmgiven wrote:Chapter 3: Police Station Puzzle. The Guide on page 16 shows the solved puzzle as having 5 green tokens, 5 blue tokens and 18 stars, with TWO blank spaces. In the gameplay, my puzzle shows SIX green tokens and only one free space. Haven't solved the puzzle, and think this is why! (Or is it? Have others solved this with no problem?)

I solved the game....and if I remember correctly, there were enough green badges, and eyeballs to fill the spaces that were not spokes, EXCEPT for one hole....and enough stars to fill all the spokes.

Highlight for how to complete the game:
You have to keep making sure that you are alternating spokes of stars with the "alternate spaces".....so choose a configuration where several spokes already have three stars and note where the free space is, and the "alternate space" that has a star to exchange for a shield or an eye. Most of the time, you have to shift something in the middle or bottom column, so you can fill it with an object you want to get rid of.....THEN YOU TAKE THE NEWLY FREE SPACE TO A FREE STAR....but FIRST determine what you are taking it from an alternate two-space and not one of the spokes.
I hope this helps....it is hard to explain the game strategy. I honestly did not notice how many shields or eyes I had left at the end....all I know is I had all the spokes filled, and the game was won.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Puzzled about a puzzle!

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Nov 24, 13 10:56 AM
Only the stars are relevant, the other tokens are not and can be anywhere in any configuration, as long as the stars make up a star.

Walkthrough writers often need to doctor their screenshots to have them show the right thing. Many puzzles close as soon as you get the correct solution, leaving you no time to take a screenshot of the solution. In these cases I often take a screenshot of the first half of the solution and then another one of the second half, and then stick those two halves together. I bet that's what happened here with the two empty spaces.

Go to: