Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:TECH ISSUES

[Post New]by Valdy on Nov 23, 13 5:24 AM
I use a laptop, also with Win7 and 64-bit. The skip and hint buttons are there for me, and work perfectly.
Sorry to hear about the problem you are having with them. (((huggles)))

Oh, and when you say you don't see the Hint button, do you mean you also don't see the snowglobe at the right of your screen?

Edited on 11/23/2013 at 5:25:37 AM PST

[Post New]by NancySusan on Nov 23, 13 6:01 AM
Well, this game would not only not fill my widescreen, it was a box, first over on the side of my screen, then, when as an experiment I unchecked full screen (no WS option), it now centered itself on my screen, with most of my desktop visible around it. I don't like to fool around with resolution on a nearly new computer (Windows 8, 64 bit), but I wouldn't even know how to fix this. I didn't bother to measure the box, but it couldn't have been more than 8" wide and 6" deep.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Nov 23, 13 7:18 AM
The place the fuses puzzle will not let me reset or continue. I haven't tried to skip because I would really like to solve it. Any ideas?

[Post New]by HeavenlyCats on Nov 23, 13 7:32 AM
LuvDemGames wrote:The place the fuses puzzle will not let me reset or continue. I haven't tried to skip because I would really like to solve it. Any ideas?

I finished this but I love numbers

If it is not a random puzzle, then it will be this answer.

First, check the value of the fuse to the left of the 6 fuses.

Each column has a sequence, like the first one is doubled up each time.

I was not sure about the odd 2 near the bottom, so I guessed them.

Does this help?

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 23, 13 8:40 AM
Hello All,

Thanks for getting this started. I'm going to go ahead and sticky the thread. I've also changed the subject line so that it's easy for users to find.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to is check for an existing thread and if none exist start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 11/26/2013 at 7:56:24 AM PST

mst3kr
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by mst3kr on Nov 23, 13 8:56 AM
NancySusan wrote:Well, this game would not only not fill my widescreen, it was a box, first over on the side of my screen, then, when as an experiment I unchecked full screen (no WS option), it now centered itself on my screen, with most of my desktop visible around it.

I'm having the same problem, as well...

Susu2
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Re:[Post Your Secret Trails: Frozen Heart Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here Only!]

[Post New]by Susu2 on Nov 23, 13 9:28 AM
this game is glitching, jumpy with both cursors and when take off custom cursor it just goes back on once I pick up an item. Looks like a good game but nothing I hate more than a game that lags and does what it wants. Reinstalled twice, first time it stayed on please wait and spun for 6 minutes. so uninstalled and installed again them got cursor problem

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Nov 23, 13 9:52 AM
HeavenlyCats wrote:
LuvDemGames wrote:The place the fuses puzzle will not let me reset or continue. I haven't tried to skip because I would really like to solve it. Any ideas?

I finished this but I love numbers

If it is not a random puzzle, then it will be this answer.

First, check the value of the fuse to the left of the 6 fuses.

Each column has a sequence, like the first one is doubled up each time.

I was not sure about the odd 2 near the bottom, so I guessed them.

I can't move any of the fuses, and it won't reset.

Does this help?

Re:[Post Your Secret Trails: Frozen Heart Collector's Edition Tech Issues Here Only!]

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Nov 23, 13 9:53 AM
I can't move any of the fuses, and it won't reset.

MarnieRose
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MarnieRose on Nov 23, 13 10:03 AM
I'm having the same problem with the fuse game. It worked at first until I reset it. After that, I couldn't pick up any of the fuses to place them anywhere. I tried resetting the game and I also exited the game hoping that when I came back to it, it would work. No such luck! I don't want to skip it because I try to collect the achievements but even with the sale, I hesitate to buy a game that already has problems in the demo.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Nov 23, 13 10:35 AM
mst3kr wrote:
NancySusan wrote:Well, this game would not only not fill my widescreen, it was a box, first over on the side of my screen, then, when as an experiment I unchecked full screen (no WS option), it now centered itself on my screen, with most of my desktop visible around it.

I'm having the same problem, as well...

same here win7 laptop

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by carnick on Nov 23, 13 10:42 AM
Well I have the same problem with the fuse box, I tried to reset it and it did not work. I tried to exit the fuse box game and try it again, but it still did not work, please fix the problem.

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Nov 23, 13 10:46 AM
Mine froze up when you are one the first page, nothing would work when I clicked on it, and also no widescreen, and I have a new Alienware laptop, you would think it would not be black bars one the sides, and I would have loved the game, as winter is coming and its nict to have a snow sceen game. Sorry Dev, I would have bought it.

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by carnick on Nov 23, 13 10:51 AM
I got out of the game to put my comment in the forum about the fuse box game that did not reset and I went back to the game and I tried the fuse box and it worked perfectly. I guess it's a miracle. Maybe those who have that problem should try getting out and coming back to see if it works. Have a nice day

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Nov 23, 13 11:48 AM
Game loaded perfectly. I put my name in the box, hit play & then nothing but a black screen with music playing in the background, along with "please wait" at the bottom of the screen. The only thing moving was an annoying whirling snowflake. I tried clicking in different areas of the screen to no avail. The screen just was not moving along. I am so over these annoying game glitches. Why can't the devs make a game that is enjoyable & WORKS the first time? NO BUY HERE...

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Nov 23, 13 1:31 PM
I down loaded the demo and the game worked fine (Windows 8.1, 64 bit); however, something interesting 'popped' up after the game installed. Another box appeared (over the game manager) - I believe from the Windows program - that stated an 'app' was needed to properly display the program (play the game). I hit the 'install' button and it installed whatever 'app' was supposedly needed. I then pressed 'play' and proceeded to play the game without issue. By chance, did anyone else notice/get this same "install 'app' message box" after downloading?

Rallygreg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Rallygreg on Nov 23, 13 3:08 PM
Robsim wrote:I down loaded the demo and the game worked fine (Windows 8.1, 64 bit); however, something interesting 'popped' up after the game installed. Another box appeared (over the game manager) - I believe from the Windows program - that stated an 'app' was needed to properly display the program (play the game). I hit the 'install' button and it installed whatever 'app' was supposedly needed. I then pressed 'play' and proceeded to play the game without issue. By chance, did anyone else notice/get this same "install 'app' message box" after downloading?

It was the same on my Windows 8.1 64bit machine - the game wanted to install Direct Play (which I thought was no longer used). I let it install and the game will not start no matter what I do - have given up on it.

Edited on 11/23/2013 at 3:09:07 PM PST

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Nov 23, 13 6:40 PM
I am running the game on both Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 8 64-bit and don't have a bit of problem on either. They both run smooth as silk.

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Nov 23, 13 7:50 PM
sassylassie wrote:I am running the game on both Windows 7 64-bit and Windows 8 64-bit and don't have a bit of problem on either. They both run smooth as silk.

i'm happy for you! but since you have no tech issues, are you saying that we should all run out and buy a new computer with one of your configurations?
sorry, but i can't afford ONE new computer, let alone two.

my issue is the laggy cursor. drives me CRAZY.
i tried ticking the "system cursor" box, (which usually solves the problem) and when i went back into the game, i still had the custom, laggy cursor over the active areas. over non-active areas, i saw my system cursor.

doesn't do much good to switch to system if it's still the same over the areas where i need it NOT to be laggy!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 23, 13 8:08 PM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're experiencing in your games.

For those of you experiencing display issues, I'd recommend checking for updates on your computer to make sure everything is communicating as well as possible. For help doing that, just click on the blue text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If there seem to be issues in the game, or it doesn't seem to be working properly, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling to ensure that everything downloaded correctly. This is if restarting your computer, or exiting out of the game don't do the trick first. If you'd like help with this, just click on the blue text below:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

If these recommendations don't help, our Tech Support Team is happy to offer more specialized assistance. If you would include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report in your help request, that would be especially helpful.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

Go to: