bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Reviews for Dark Canvas: Blood and Stone

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 24, 13 7:21 AM
Hello fishies!

What do you think of Dark Canvas: Blood and Stone? We'd love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Dark Canvas: Blood and Stone page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you're experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Re:Reviews for Dark Canvas: Blood and Stone

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 24, 13 7:22 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else's review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they're looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgFlounder

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Nov 28, 13 7:09 PM
I played this game not knowing it was a second game in a series. It didn't matter however, this game was a new story taking place in Greece. It was a classic whodunit, full of clues and interviews about the murders in the game. The story was long, and the scenes were clear, the graphics were great! I enjoyed it all the way to the end.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Dec 11, 13 7:39 AM
a good not great game

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Dec 29, 13 8:43 AM

Nice bright game with a good story line too, great twist at the end.

Voices were acceptable. Music was a bit tedious.

I enjoyed playing this game but it didn't seem very long at all.

Looking at the CE reviews, there was certainly a lot taken out for the SE. I guess you get what you pay for.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Feb 8, 14 8:09 AM
Puzzling Fun****

BASED ON COMPLETED GAME

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

When I played the demo for this game, I thought it a nice little game, professionally done, and fun to play. Well, that is certainly all true, but it is even better than that. I had a really good time with this, and my only regret is that I didn’t buy the CE, not for the bling (although that would be fun), but for the SG. For the puzzles.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
The atmosphere of this game is quite creepy, even though it is set in the blazing sunlight of a beautiful Greek day. The graphics, especially in the cut scenes, are extraordinarily well crafted, and throughout the look and feel of Greece is faithfully conveyed. Colours are bright and bold, most locations are airy, and everything is captured in loving detail.

The music was lovely too. Not especially “Greek”, whatever that may mean in today’s terms, but sweet and pleasant, and again, airy. The voiceovers were excellent too. And the sounds outside were great.

WHAT’S HAPPENING?
Well, that’s the puzzling part. You are an investigative journalist, come to check out a story about the accidental death of a famous sculptor and his wife “under suspicious circumstances”. You arrive to find your contact, the local doctor, dead by the same means – instantaneous encasing in stone. Your suspicions first fall on his assistant, but then... I’ll let you try to figure out the rest. This is one game that kept me guessing (wrongly) to the very end.

GAMEPLAY

The gameplay is fairly standard, with the difference that there are more puzzles than usual. They range in difficulty from very easy to darn near impossible, and I really did miss the SG, because they are puzzles I’d like to be able to understand. They look really interesting. The HOPs come in two types, interactive lists and progressive silhouettes. Each is visited twice. The 3D map is wonderful to look at, interactive and gives immediate tasks. The hint is directional. You can use the map to ‘jump’ to distant locations.

The game is logical, with not too much to and fro, with the chapters reasonably well separated, with clear directions to follow most of the time. So, apart from the puzzles, I found this an easy game.

I loved the way we covered different aspects of Greek history in the course of the game. Chariots, stargazers, the gods. With each transition to a new area pain free and smooth.

I heartily recommend this game!

Go to: