dddggggddd
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Designers - What we would like to see in the next update

[Post New]by dddggggddd on Nov 24, 13 2:58 PM
Apart from the obvious more quests, more cities new HoGs etc. I have two requests for the next update
in the mini games
1. can you remove the instructions at the beginning of the game after you have passed the rookie level at least.
2 can you include a confirm that you want to spend gold to move to a padlocked level. I have been caught a couple of times when looking at the levels you do not have access to in order to work out what you have to get access and then when I exit I have found I have accidentally hit the wrong button and purchased the level.

I have no complaints have earned more then enough gold in the thanksgiving quests to make up for the earlier problems in the game. Thank you for your efforts so far.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

Re:Designers - What we would like to see in the next update

[Post New]by april3850 on Nov 24, 13 3:53 PM
We need something to do with all the collectibles that everybody has tons of. i.e. Ran the Owl, Hagia Sophia Photo, Eiffel Photo, Grand Canyon stamp, Jambiya. The game keeps giving them out. Cant sell them. Everybody has too many. They are garbage! So I have 2 suggestions.

1. What if you make it so the game stops giving these items out? So the only way you can get these items is to buy them or get them at auction. That way they become much more valuable.

OR.......

2. What if you make it so that after you collect a certain number, say 50, maybe? What if every time you collect 50 Ran the Owls, or Hagia Sophia, or Jambiya, you get to trade those in for gold bars or keepsakes?

Thanks.

PurpleTiger

BP532
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by BP532 on Nov 24, 13 6:06 PM
Next update, I would like to have a chance to earn the items I spend so many resources on mini-games. This is particularly true in the Butterfly mini-game. Very discouraging.

Secondly, and similarly. The quests that have items to be earned, but basically no chance of earning (ex. mine and grooms coat (?) candy shop and gold dress), are ridiculous. At least set up quests where you have a chance without spending inordinate amount of resources. Just make is fair.

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Nov 25, 13 8:52 AM
This to me is a major, major request for the next update. Currently, CS is not able to enter our games to return missing gold, items, or to fix any other issues. All they can do is refund a purchase to us or give us credit for a new game.

Developers: Please, Please, Give BF a way to be able to help us out if we have issues. There are always going to be glitches here and there. We understand that. But the fact that no one at BF is able to fix anything for us is a major problem. Please work on this for the next update or before if possible!

mguthrie
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by mguthrie on Nov 25, 13 1:24 PM
Yes, please remove the instructions in the mini-games. The gray bar stays up too long and obstructs the view. It is especially a hindrance in the butterfly house and the stamp shop.

BP532
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by BP532 on Nov 25, 13 2:01 PM
Yet another thought- 63 hours to update a shop? That is outrageous. How about keeping it under 24? Much more reasonable. I don't understand a rationale that would justify 63 hours other than to try to get more $ for gold to fast-track the update.

Edited on 11/25/2013 at 2:01:52 PM PST

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Nov 26, 13 4:05 AM
I agree that it would be nice to have a way to trade-in items we have far too many of.

I would also like to see a way to trade in the resources that keep accumulating - I have over 3000 lumber, paint, and bricks. And nothing to do with them at this point.

While I would like to see more quests, I would really like to see more achievements built into the game. The rewards from the achievements are really critical in continuing to play the game on a free basis.

derbyteam
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by derbyteam on Nov 26, 13 6:00 PM
The items reload to slow, hard to do good on fast shopper when you have to keep going to the bottom and hitting it for the next item. Also with all the stuff to choose from its always the same stuff to find gets boring after a while. I do love all the gold we are getting!!!!!!!!!!!

minmer
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by minmer on Nov 27, 13 1:23 PM
I would like to have some of the collectibles on display in my shop. Why should I spend a fortune on nice furniture if my shelves remain empty no matter how many collections I complete.

I also find the rewards in the mini-games that cost more than 5 resources are absolutely inadequate. This is especially true for the minigames which cost 14 to 18 resources. You don't get significantly more experience points or coins than with the cheap minis and the special items nearly never turn up. I would wish for a better balance of input and output in these games.

eloquent
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by eloquent on Nov 28, 13 6:35 PM
I agree with all constructive ideas above.
And for my 2 cents, I'd love to see

-Christmas quests based in cities we didnt go to for Thanksgiving
-Maybe not just earning gold or coins but specific items/keepsakes
-Maybe earning decorations to go on a tree in each place?
-No collection games that require going to all 3 scenes in a city in one go ( Captain Matthew's drove me mad!)
-The final buildings opened asap
-New cities to visit asap
-Our own house to decorate using coins/gold/additional resources

I'd like to customise some places but am worried they'll take so long that Christmas will begin and I won't be able to go into the places I'm customising to do a quest

[Post New]by mellowtraumatic on Nov 29, 13 3:52 AM
Just a couple of things.

Include all the mini scenes in the cities we've been able to open up so far to find stuff in. Most of them are just sitting there open but we never have to find stuff in them.

A buyable perk that recharges the energy faster, like one point for every minute instead of every five minutes.

dddggggddd
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dddggggddd on Nov 30, 13 10:32 AM
BP532 wrote:Yet another thought- 63 hours to update a shop? That is outrageous. How about keeping it under 24?.

BP532 and eloquent you can still enter a shop hat is being upgraded or customised you just have to find the spoteli173 provided instructions under Ludicous

eli173 wrote: You just have to click on the right spot of each building- it usually is at some top corner of the roof (except the botanical, where it is on the lower right corner of the landplot). When you find it and click, the building will light up and you can enter as usual.

ldehaan1
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by ldehaan1 on Nov 30, 13 2:19 PM
minmer wrote:I would like to have some of the collectibles on display in my shop. Why should I spend a fortune on nice furniture if my shelves remain empty no matter how many collections I complete.

I also find the rewards in the mini-games that cost more than 5 resources are absolutely inadequate. This is especially true for the minigames which cost 14 to 18 resources. You don't get significantly more experience points or coins than with the cheap minis and the special items nearly never turn up. I would wish for a better balance of input and output in these games.

Cisdaman
Minnow
Minnow
241 Posts

[Post New]by Cisdaman on Dec 1, 13 7:38 AM
I WOULD LIKE MY GOLD BARS TO STOP VANISHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, how many people will it take complaining about this problem before someone gets off their **** and does something about it?! If you win gold bars or worse, if you buy gold, you should not have to spend it immediately for fear of it vanishing. I just read on another post that someone lost over 400 gold bars that they had PAID FOR!! Now, all my vanishing gold has just been bars that I received via achievements and Thanksgiving collections, but your tech support can't fix that problem (TRUST ME, I'VE TRIED). However, if I PAID for over 400 gold bars and they vanished? Well, if my money wasn't refunded, I would start legal action so fast, it would make your head spin around!

This is a great game as I've stated numerous times here, but this is becoming FIRKING REDICULOUS!! How can the developers not address this problem?!

Oh, I know... They're like Wal-mart and are hoping for the customers who won't take the time to complain when they lose their money, right? They know they'll have to refund a big percentage of them, but if they can just get a few that don't complain, they get free money.

Oh, and before you think I'm being mean or unfair... I've discussed this problem on these forums and with your tech support before nicely and politely with no results. So, I'm letting Big Fish know exactly how I feel about this crap!!!

SO DISAPPOINTED IN BIG FISH AND IN THE DEVELOPERS OF THIS GAME!

Orchid_Witch
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by Orchid_Witch on Dec 1, 13 7:58 AM
minmer wrote:I would like to have some of the collectibles on display in my shop. Why should I spend a fortune on nice furniture if my shelves remain empty no matter how many collections I complete.

I agree about the shelves. Someone else mentioned accumulating so many of items that they can't sell (like Ran the Owl) Let's stock the shelves with collection building items. Or, to get a visual on our progress, as we make a complete collection, it goes to the shelves in our shop. A devil of a memory sucker, I know, but I'd love to SEE my progress in my store. Or maybe that's what the attic's for.....maybe we get to throw all of our extra Rans up there!

I agree, too, about the imbalance of reward. I sometimes have to play a city over a dozen times just to get enough of the item to play the mini game, only to play it, get no reward, back to the city a dozen times, back to the mini game.....only to get the same amount as if I had done the first level of the mini? I don't mind a little bit of extra work because it is a free game and you're looking for people to buy the shortcuts, but sometimes I'm too just too aggravated and move on to the next game.

Edited on 12/01/2013 at 7:59:12 AM PST

Orchid_Witch
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by Orchid_Witch on Dec 1, 13 8:03 AM
I would like to see energy accumulated more quickly. I stop playing at 5 o'clock, close my actual store and go home, return the next morning and find that my energy meter is only half full, I can't believe that it wouldn't fill up overnight.

It does make for a short session, so I guess that I can grateful that it doesn't sap away my entire day.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Dec 1, 13 12:29 PM
All of the above are things I would like to see. In addition, I would add to the list:

- Being able to pause keepsakes when the game is paused (currently, if I have to leave my game for five minutes, I've lost five minutes of use of a keepsake).

- Allow players to change HOS mode for a fee. For example, I HATE Picky Shopper mode but I'm sure someone, somewhere loves it, so instead of doing away with it altogether, I will gladly pay one gold bar, or 5k in coins to skip it and play a different mode of the same scene.

- Ensuring all Achievements can be completed: I have purchased all pet items thus cannot complete the achievement of purchasing 15 items as they are not 15 items to purchase

Things previously mentioned that I greatly second:

- open new cities/scenes

- trading certain number same collectible for a rarer item, resource, food or keepsake

- continue to have super-rare items, but allow for more than one way to collect them, i.e. level 18 of mini-game OR Master level of specific HOS

- allow trading directly between friends/neighbors

Edited on 12/01/2013 at 1:01:34 PM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 1, 13 3:43 PM
Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to post your great thoughts and feedback. We'll be sure that the developers see these.

bfgDeveron

Sarwyn
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Sarwyn on Dec 2, 13 3:16 PM
I would like it if you click an item that it would tell you where you would get it.
Also, a fix on the achievement numbers would be great!

jody999
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by jody999 on Dec 4, 13 12:54 AM
1. I would definitely love to see more chances to earn gold like the "Special" collection for Thanksgiving. The prizes for the other collections are great, but you can still get the resources from cities. Not too many chances to earn gold.
2. I saw a couple of posts for keepsakes and food "prices" half off. I must have missed it, but I would like to have more of those opportunities. Give people a chance to stock up on this stuff when they need it to go up levels.

Go to: