Mosaics Galore

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Mosaics Galore

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 25, 13 12:29 AM
The magical pets have been caged! Follow the trail and find the predator that committed this audacious crime. Play through 120 unique levels in six wonderful and unexplored worlds. Collect the puzzles, rescue the magical pets from the tenacious claws of the crafty thief and free the pets in Mosaics Galore!

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Mosaics Galore

[Post New]by bribling on Nov 25, 13 4:05 AM
I really love this kind of game but why doesn't it have an untimed mode? I purchased an earlier similar game which was absolutely beautiful but alsi had no untimed option. The graphics are beautiful, the music is relaxing but it has that annoying timer and I can't progress unless I am fast! I want to enjoy, I do not want to rush madly against a time and then replay over and over trying to beat it so I can do new puzzles. This is juts nuts! It's a beautiful game that is pretty much denied to those of us who are not fast enough to beat the clock and/or just want to enjoy the game without a clock.

I bought it with a coupon which was going to expire. I've been playing for two days and can't get past the second set of puzzles. Not "Fun" but still pretty. I give another coupon if I could turn off the Timer. I have some pain and just can't play a "beat the clock" game

Edited on 11/27/2013 at 1:10:12 AM PST

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Nov 25, 13 4:44 AM
Thanks for posting, Bribling. I won't even try it if there isn't an untimed mode.

sadeyes0722
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by sadeyes0722 on Nov 25, 13 4:59 AM
Thank you for the input. I won't even try it either since it doesn't have an untimed mode. I want to relax playing my games, not get stressed out or have to keep replaying the same level until I beat it. Again thanks for the input.

glenard
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by glenard on Nov 25, 13 5:27 AM
The same here to above posts. My fingers are not as nimble as they used to be and also my eyesight. I do not like to hurry through a game, I like to take my time and relax and enjoy. I play a lot of games just to keep my mind active. I will also not be buying the game, and won't even bother trying to play the demo for the reason that there is no untimed option.

Thanks all for the input!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Nov 25, 13 5:32 AM
Thanks for saving me a d/l. I just get too tense with a timer.
Would have really liked an option.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Nov 25, 13 5:52 AM
I'm with all the above posters, I will not try it either if there is no relaxed mode.

pjfrompa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by pjfrompa on Nov 25, 13 6:08 AM
I agree. Wish I could find one with no timer and full screen.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Nov 25, 13 6:20 AM
I agree with all of you. I play games to relax and enjoy, not be stressed out.

Timed games....I won't even waste my time on.

No purchase here.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Nov 25, 13 6:21 AM
There is a way around the time thing. If you ignore it, you can still play to the end of the level and get keys and points for completion and accuracy. You only need 40/60 keys to unlock the next 'world', or you can replay easy ones till you have enough gold coins to 'buy' your way into the next 'world'.

sandhan
Clownfish
Clownfish
919 Posts

[Post New]by sandhan on Nov 25, 13 6:48 AM
JustTheFacts, Thank you. That's exactly what I wanted to know. I'll at least try it.

JoJoLavin
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Thanks to Just The Facts

[Post New]by JoJoLavin on Nov 25, 13 8:08 AM
I at least tried this game, but alas, I'm with the majority here. I too love these types of games, but do not want the added stress of having to complete something within someone else's time limits. This, and all the other timed games would be purchased and played by more of us if they were NOT timed. I would at least like to be given the option of turning this annoying feature off. Thanks anyway!

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Nov 25, 13 8:19 AM
I love this game also but it is another sneaky way to get us to buy more to play more and that I will not do.

[Post New]by AngelFish49 on Nov 25, 13 8:54 AM
I have enough stress in life without playing a "timed" game. Not interested. Thanks for the "heads up" gang!

sadeyes0722
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by sadeyes0722 on Nov 25, 13 9:41 AM
JustTheFacts wrote:There is a way around the time thing. If you ignore it, you can still play to the end of the level and get keys and points for completion and accuracy. You only need 40/60 keys to unlock the next 'world', or you can replay easy ones till you have enough gold coins to 'buy' your way into the next 'world'.

thank you for the info. Maybe I will give it a try anyway. keep up the good work. Love your reviews.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Nov 25, 13 10:58 AM
I have to agree with the anti-timers. It adds too much pressure and I cannot enjoy the game. Sorry, I play to relax.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Nov 25, 13 11:15 AM
Hi Fishies ,

I'm with all of you! I can't play a timed game, is making me with a lot of stress !
And that is a pity, because I love jigsaws.

Happy gaming ,
M.

JojoUK
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by JojoUK on Nov 25, 13 3:29 PM
I also play to relax, and I resent the timer. But I resent more that unless we have enough points we cannot go to the next level without "buying" more keys. What a cheat! This is not a relaxing or fun game for me. I have deleted it rather than deal with the stress of the timer or buying keys. The producers have certainly let us down.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Nov 25, 13 3:45 PM
Yes, you can play over and over until you get the keys but I don't want to play the same puzzle endlessly in order to move ahead. I just want to do them all. What's the point of buying it if I have to play over and over to get the keys for the next puzzle? If I can stand that long enough to get to the end, I will never play again. I bought the last one which was also gorgeous and also was timed. I replayed and replayed until I could not stand it any more and haven't touched it since. I removed it from my App. Too bad because it is a great game. Maybe I will forget it in a couple years and play again.

Edited on 11/25/2013 at 3:46:14 PM PST

annatar
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
425 Posts

[Post New]by annatar on Nov 25, 13 3:57 PM
I have played through four of the six "countries" of mosaics now, and I must say that the timer is not a problem at all when it comes to obtaining enough keys to progress.
Just concentrate on the accuracy and use the hint so you don't make mistakes.

There are 20 Puzzles per country, and you always get one key per game just for finishing it. That means 20 keys per country right there. You need 40 keys to proceed to the next country, and the remaining 20 keys are easily obtained by making sure you don't make mistakes. Avoiding mistakes are easy when you disregard the timer completely and use the hint as much as you need to get everything right.

I never bothered with the timer at all, and took my sweet time, enjoying the pictures while waiting for the hint to recharge. Sometimes I even managed to finish in time, although that was just by accident...

Needless to say: Disregard the timer! You still get enough keys to play through every level in all six countries.

After all the maps are opened, you can play and replay to your heart's content if you want, without bothering neither with timer nor accuracy. Simply click the animals' cages to select levels. I love the Patchworkz game which is exactly like this one, and have often replayed the levels/puzzles I like most. I know I will do that with this game too.

Edited on 11/25/2013 at 4:04:56 PM PST

Go to: