Review for Mosaics Galore

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Nov 25, 13 6:26 AM
More Jigsaw Than Mosaics

BASED ON ONE HOUR DEMO

If you are a fan of the World Mosaics series, you will be disappointed to hear that this is NOT a pictograph game. It is a JIGSAW style game, like Patchworkz. On the other hand, of course, if you are a fan of Patchworkz (as I am), you’ll be pleased to hear this game is as charming and delightful as that one.

For those who have not played either, this is a game of “competitive” jigsaw. Like most casual games, you must succeed at one level to unlock further gameplay. You have a jigsaw to put together – deceptively easy to begin with – and a certain time in which to do it. You are awarded points, coins, keys based on completion of the puzzle, accuracy and speed.

You need 40 out of a possible 60 keys to move up to the next world, or you can buy your way in with gold coins (sounds like real life!). Using the hint button costs you a certain number of coins.

There are 6 ‘worlds’ each with 20 levels (i.e. puzzles) to complete. Each world uses a different medium for its tiles. The first world (Fairy Forest) uses wooden tiles. The next world (Golden Sands) uses fabric patches. The images are very pretty and enjoyable to piece together.. The music is particularly soothing, and there are also sound effects, like a bell tolling when you are in trouble timewise.

The only way you’d know there is supposed to be a story is if you’ve read the blurb on the game page. In the game itself, you get an opening comic book page, which sorta shows you the story (no verbals), if you know what to expect, and that is it.

There are a lot of animals in the puzzles, but there are other subjects too. If we are going to find our pets, it must be further than I got in an hour, which was into the second world.

The puzzles are quite easy, if you didn’t have to worry about time and accuracy, and you can play the game that way if you want. You just have to replay puzzles you can do until you get enough coins. If you do decide to ‘compete’, there are trophies for each world you finish, for collecting coins, no hints, etc. And a record of your highest scores.

I like this game. It will make a nice change from Patchworkz, which is the only game like this I have seen before. And an interesting twist for jigsaw lovers.

I recommend this game!

Edited on 11/25/2013 at 7:47:47 AM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

Re:Review for Mosaics Galore

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Nov 25, 13 7:47 AM
G'Day,

Thanks for getting this started for us JustTheFacts!

I am going to sticky the thread and just remind everyone that this thread is for reviews of Mosaics Galore only.

If you're in need of game play tips, please see if there is a thread already or create a new thread with your question and as much detail as you can provide.

Enjoy the game!

bfgmurrumbidgee

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Nov 25, 13 10:35 AM
This is a really cute puzzle game. You try to place different shaped and sized pieces on the correct spot in the picture. There is a clock but you can ignore it or buy extra time. The idea is to meet three requirements, place the pieces on the right place the first time (i.e. make no mistake), place them in the time limit allocated (but you can play on if time runs out) and to complete the puzzle.

I think this would be fun for all ages – it looks like a children’s game but some of the puzzles are tricky. The graphics are beautiful and I had fun just completing the puzzle to see the picture.

Even though you need a certain amount of keys to proceed this game has hints that you can use and options to buy time with the coins you earn and so it really gives you enough assistance for that not to be a problem.

I would recommend you download and attempt the demo because the screen shots don’t do it justice and you may be pleasantly surprised.

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on Nov 28, 13 1:30 PM
I agree! It is like Patchworkz, and it is a lot of fun. Don 't let the timer throw you, you can ignore it. I play both ways, one beating and then just for fun. you can play the same ones over and over and they change everytime! Really a great game, and such a value for the money. You will play this one longer than the higher priced games, and you will be able to play it over and over

Go to: