bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Nov 26, 13 12:29 AM
Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by jtaber on Nov 26, 13 12:53 AM
So I purchased and downloaded the game. When it installed, it installed a whole bunch of spamm-y like things to my browser (got rid of those) and the game won't launch. When I click "play" or "play again" it closes the game portal, the screen goes black and then the game portal reopens. Help!!!!

[Post New]by jtaber on Nov 26, 13 1:16 AM
Update: Just uninstalled and reinstalled and still not launching.

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Nov 26, 13 1:34 PM
fabulous game Big Fish, I have been playing for hours and still not finished, its great to see such an awesome game

caseymom
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by caseymom on Dec 1, 13 3:25 PM
Obviously with 112 tech issues, I would think BF would do something. I tried this game and did the demo just fine and want to buy it, but not with issues still happening.

amma1951
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by amma1951 on Dec 2, 13 5:53 AM
This game was totally fun!! Graphics, storyline, puzzles- everything is great. I highly reccommend this and all of the Mystery Case files. Not one time have I been disappointed!

[Post New]by titti57 on Dec 3, 13 8:23 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Best HOG game ever

[Post New]by koi1234 on Dec 4, 13 2:14 PM
I have purchased several Big Fish games on my laptop, my kindle and my phone...... and am starting to think that I will not be doing this anymore. At first, with a couple of the games it was things as simple as the hints not working correctly. I can get over that. NOw I purchased this game and and it is freezing on the part where I have to0 rescue the spirit in the roller coaster. This will be the second game {that in my opinion} I have paid too much money for and that I can not finish. I emailed Big Fish about the first one and have never recieved a reply. It sure does work every time I want to initially purchase a game though. I am becoming very frustrated with this company. Has anyone else experienced freeezing at that part of the game?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 4, 13 7:45 PM
koi1234 wrote:I have purchased several Big Fish games on my laptop, my kindle and my phone...... and am starting to think that I will not be doing this anymore. At first, with a couple of the games it was things as simple as the hints not working correctly. I can get over that. NOw I purchased this game and and it is freezing on the part where I have to0 rescue the spirit in the roller coaster. This will be the second game {that in my opinion} I have paid too much money for and that I can not finish. I emailed Big Fish about the first one and have never recieved a reply. It sure does work every time I want to initially purchase a game though. I am becoming very frustrated with this company. Has anyone else experienced freeezing at that part of the game?

Check out the thread "Coaster Car Bomb" at http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/263094.page.

Fids1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Fids1 on Dec 6, 13 8:14 AM
Please can anyone help. I am doing the safe where the clown is getting electrocuted and I cant reset the code. I accidentally put the wrong number in and it wont let me reset it - any ideas.
Many thanks.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 6, 13 12:32 PM
Fids1 wrote:Please can anyone help. I am doing the safe where the clown is getting electrocuted and I cant reset the code. I accidentally put the wrong number in and it wont let me reset it - any ideas.
Many thanks.
I think there is a reset button on the right hand side, just outside the puzzle window.

Fids1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Fids1 on Dec 7, 13 5:55 AM
Thank you - I didnt notice it - what a wally. Many thanks again

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 7, 13 12:58 PM
Fids1 wrote:Thank you - I didnt notice it - what a wally. Many thanks again
You're not the only one! It's clearly not very obvious as several people overlooked it.

appiel
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by appiel on Dec 7, 13 3:43 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right. :This the most interesting and beautiful game since years!!! Well done)

[Post New]by janinesmom on Dec 8, 13 6:11 PM
This is THE WORST hidden objects game I have ever played! I am SO SORRY I bought it. First of all, I hate all of the back and forth, back and forth in this game. Second, what's with all these horrendous minigames with ALL the things you have to do in them JUST TO GET ONE ITEM???? AND, where are ALL the hidden objects? A handful of hidden objects, a thousand back and forths to free a person; things that don't make sense (who is Charles and the other old guy in the game? who the heck is Alistair Dalimar (Dalmar? whatever)).

They RUINED the Madame Fate storyline. Bobbleheads, ravens (what's up with them?), cards, fans, SHEER STUPIDITY!

I WISH I could have my funds/credits given back to me.

[Post New]by andgar on Dec 11, 13 8:16 PM
I have purchased all of the MCF games, I have loved everyone of them !! I am always anxious for a new one to appear. I didnt even preview this one, BIG MISTAKE this is the worse game. I found it to be boring and very repeatative. I will not buy a MCF game again without testing one again. This is a very big disappointment.

[Post New]by Crowlover on Dec 13, 13 5:31 PM
So I played the game and loved every second of it. I even completed everything the game had to offer, the collections and bonus levels. So I went back and started from the first ravenhearst game, normally do this to re-play the story as a whole up to the new game and I noticed something funny. The original Madame Fate game had a few more carnies than the new Fate's Carnival does. The Ringmaster, Bearded Lady, and Contortionist are missing! Anybody else notice this?

[Post New]by scythe74 on Dec 21, 13 10:29 AM
I like Isis! It's coooool

[Post New]by galadriel1954 on Dec 24, 13 10:57 PM
Hi, everyone. I got really into this game! The first time through, I was pretty confused, but kept going on. I didn't do any of the puzzles in the black diary. I didn't figure out they were puzzles until the 2nd time through and found that out accidentally. hahahaha... So I didn't rind all of the bobble heads, pounds, or cards because of that. The third time through I had more fun. The fourth time through I went ballistic and wrote down every pound, card, bobblehead I found, and where they were, then wrote down all the puzzle locations and all the HOS locations. I did it in an Excel spreadsheet. The only problem I am having is that every time I get ready to finish the game, I still show two locations with things to do there -- Fabiano's stage and the ferris wheel car. I've put my cursor everywhere on those two pages and also used Isis everywhere. I used the walkthrough on this website so I could search for Fabiano and Isis. I found NOTHING I didn't already know was there. Can someone tell me if they, too, are having this problem or is it just me? Is there a glitch in the map that someone knows about or am I really, truly not finding something. I haven't even bothered to play the bonus game yet because I've been playing and replaying thinking I'm missing something here. Any BFG experts out there to help me out?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 25, 13 12:15 AM
galadriel1954 wrote: …..The only problem I am having is that every time I get ready to finish the game, I still show two locations with things to do there -- Fabiano's stage and the ferris wheel car. I've put my cursor everywhere on those two pages and also used Isis everywhere. I used the walkthrough on this website so I could search for Fabiano and Isis. I found NOTHING I didn't already know was there. Can someone tell me if they, too, are having this problem or is it just me? Is there a glitch in the map that someone knows about or am I really, truly not finding something. I haven't even bothered to play the bonus game yet because I've been playing and replaying thinking I'm missing something here. Any BFG experts out there to help me out?
I had this issue as well. Others have said that there may be a pound note stuck in the cabinet doors at Fabiano's, but those doors were not accessible to me after doing everything else in the scene (and I believe I acquired that note). But those two locations, and I believe the ferris wheel car all continued to show tasks long after the scenes were completed and nothing was "clickable". So, no, not just you!

eta: spelling

Edited on 12/25/2013 at 12:16:35 AM PST

Go to: