BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

What did you think of the game?

[Post New]by BossBrat on Mar 12, 09 3:58 PM
I felt ripped off with this one. Much shorter than the first and about half of it was 'talking' between characters. Also one of the least challenging games I have ever played in my life. I think my 2 year old grandson could have beat this one. VERY DISAPPOINTED!

flipper70
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Re:What did you think of the game?

[Post New]by flipper70 on Mar 12, 09 4:29 PM
I agree that this game felt shorter than the first one, but I think that was because I sat and played the game and had a hard time stopping. I enjoyed the game and didn't even know there was a second one coming out! The story scenes were different from the first game, and the story at the academy was very interesting! The storyline kept me interested and playing the game through till the very end. Good choice Big Fish!!! Thank you !!!

[Post New]by LoomTheElf on Mar 12, 09 6:25 PM
The story line was compelling. I thoroughly enjoyed the drawings, too.

The automation of the characters' speech was quite tedious and allowed far too much time to read it. There needed to be a way to click on it to advance to the next frame after you had read it. The only option is to skip it entirely, which I didn't want to do.

The game is more like a movie walk-through than a game, which certainly isn't what I expected. I agree with BossBrat that the game really took no skill to play.

Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Mar 12, 09 7:31 PM
Very little challenge. The time was wayyyyy too short. I'm used to games lasting longer than this one. The only reason that it was 'long' was the story boards. Interesting storyline, but the end didn't feel complete. I really enjoyed the first one, and was a little disappointed in this one. Bossbrat, I had to agree with you.

nemesis45679
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by nemesis45679 on Mar 12, 09 8:11 PM
Have to agree- very little challenge and very little gameplay. The story was interesting, but I thought the end was bizarre. And it was so very short- I think I finished in about 2.5 hours, and that was with watching all of the monotonously long cut scenes. I feel kinda ripped off too.

mimkramer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by mimkramer on Mar 12, 09 8:19 PM
I like this game but wanted more involvement -- more like Ravenherst. James Patterson writes great novels, let's get some good editors to convert his books...ever try Insomniac? They do a great job with lots of games!!

But, as always, thanks for the fun!
Mim

lilknome
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by lilknome on Mar 12, 09 9:32 PM
i cant even get it to load once i have it downloaded to even try it out

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by Sante001 on Mar 12, 09 9:34 PM
I've been waiting for this game for some time. I played the first one and really enjoyed it. I played 30 minutes of the demo. I found the graphics great, but could have done without all the storylining. This game also has 10 chapters, but they are somewhat short. After reading reviews, I'm not sure that I will purchase. I'm still waiting the challenge games!

Imansaray
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by Imansaray on Mar 12, 09 10:57 PM
I ended up buying this game from MSN, they had realesed it last week or so. I would have to say, both of these Women's Murder Club games are way too short. I think I finished it in about an hour or so because I did not want to wait for the 5 minute pause between every one's conversation. I missed the ending, because of skipping through it. I'm sorry I wasted my money. I think the best HO is the MCF, especially the Return to Ravenhurst. I would love to see more HO like that

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Mar 12, 09 11:21 PM
I have to agree that the game was a little short and the ending abrupt, but I still enjoyed playing it. For those who are just getting into HO games, I believe they will enjoy it for the most part, but for those of us who have been playing for quite a while, it was a tad disappointing.

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Mar 13, 09 2:26 AM
I felt totally ripped off too. The ending was a total anti-climax. I couldn't believe it when I saw "The End". It took me about an hour and a half to play because I skipped the story and I didn't find it challenging in the least.

I do love this type of game though. It is my favourite genre. We just need them to be longer and a bit more challenging.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Mar 13, 09 6:13 AM
LoomTheElf wrote:The automation of the characters' speech was quite tedious and allowed far too much time to read it. There needed to be a way to click on it to advance to the next frame after you had read it. The only option is to skip it entirely, which I didn't want to do.
Yes!

kaytiekat
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kaytiekat on Mar 13, 09 7:34 AM
I played the demo and got to chapter 5 or 6, so simple, didn't like it at all
I like something with a challenge this was NOTchallenging. The first game was so good I was expecting much more this one didn't even come close. I'm glad I didn't waste a credit on this one.

sitecer
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sitecer on Mar 13, 09 9:05 AM
I thought this one of the most boring games I have ever played. The story line was lame and the mini games dull.

confused365
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by confused365 on Mar 13, 09 10:15 AM
wow! thanks to these forums I have saved myself alot of time, money, disappointment & frustration. guess what game I woun't buy, thanks again

slm1022
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by slm1022 on Mar 13, 09 12:13 PM
I was so enthused when I saw the new James Patterson game advertised....this was quickly replaced by disappointment. As much as I enjoyed "Death in Scarlett" I was so disappointed in "Darker Shades of Gray" It was simplistic and short. The creators should review "Death in Scarlett" carefully before releasing another disappointing game such as "Darker Shade of Gray". I feel like I wasted my time and money>

Russinindy
Clownfish
Clownfish
625 Posts

[Post New]by Russinindy on Mar 13, 09 12:43 PM
I give this game a 7 out of 10, because the cartoon dialogue was so slow to get through. The developer should have put a quicken option so you can fast forward it, without just skipping the whole scene. I played this start to finish in about 2 hours.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Mar 13, 09 1:03 PM
Personally, I liked this one BETTER than Death in Scarlett. I found it more interesting, although I agree that the dialogue was a little slow. I didn't think it was too short at all and I didn't miss haveing to find small objects that were totally irrelevant to the story!

mandarine
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mandarine on Mar 13, 09 1:11 PM
Hi Fishies,

I played this demo and the one on PF....finished the entire game! Thank goodness for demos, I would've been major ticked if I spent a credit on this one!
Way too simple, and silly games rather than a challenge.

[Post New]by ozmonster on Mar 13, 09 4:55 PM
i feel totally ripped off too!! Guess i should have read the forum before buying the game. i learned my lesson...i won't be buying games like this again. i expected different sceneros for the price. SUCKS BIG TIME!!

Go to: