orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival CE Here Only! (old)

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 26, 13 2:13 AM
and away we go!!!

Edited on 07/21/2017 at 5:31:47 PM PST

froggie10
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:post your technical problems here!!

[Post New]by froggie10 on Nov 26, 13 2:35 AM
It plays in slow motion!!! So disappointed!!

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Nov 26, 13 2:57 AM
I installed this game just fine, had no problems playing it. After a few hours, I quit the game. It didn't go back to the game manager as usual. I can no longer launch the game manager. I have no problems opening games from the short cuts, but I don't keep shortcuts for my games because it takes too long to reboot. I can go to my start menu, pull up programs and launch the game from there, but what a pain! I didn't have this problem before downloading and playing Fate's Carnival. Anyone else having this weird problem?

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Nov 26, 13 3:58 AM
I'm having a problem with the card suit phone in the the strong man's HO scene. I click the "phone number" but I don't recieve it like I'm supposed according to the guide. And even though I can read the phone number right while it's still part of the poser I dial it right but I still can't get it.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Nov 26, 13 4:21 AM
I am in the same boat firekat. I had to reboot my pc to get the game manager back!

Anyone got a clue? It'll be hours before the mods get here...

[Post New]by cthyblu on Nov 26, 13 4:55 AM
Installed and then re-installed the game twice... it is really slow..actually jerky.. I have never had any problems before, hope there is a quick fix...thank you very much.

[Post New]by windowcleanhire on Nov 26, 13 5:13 AM
To firekat7 and JustTheFacts

Maybe a poor suggestion but try uninstalling the game manager and reinstalling that. I believe it worked for me at one stage for another game

Edited on 11/26/2013 at 5:16:12 AM PST

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Nov 26, 13 5:20 AM
Yes, when desperate, windowcleanhire, I usually try that - but I'll wait to see if there's a fix for it before I get too carried away.

I won't be buying the game till monday anyway

susie_b
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by susie_b on Nov 26, 13 6:57 AM
I played the demo and it was very slow moving between locations and kept freezing - hope this can be fixed as these are usually excellent games!?

Nortank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Nortank on Nov 26, 13 7:19 AM
Game was really slow motion for me as well. Hope they can make a fix.

[Post New]by chinga1013 on Nov 26, 13 7:20 AM
The game downloaded and installed just fine. Every time I've tried to play it, the game manager closes, the screen goes black for a split second, a dialogue box pops up saying that the game has stopped working and that windows is trying to solve the problem, then the game manager pops back up and thanks me for playing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I've restarted my computer. I've made sure that everything is up to date. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game manager. Nothing works. It still does the exact same thing.

Moto26261
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Moto26261 on Nov 26, 13 7:20 AM
Slow and jerky for me too, impossible to play.

geninfo4
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by geninfo4 on Nov 26, 13 7:36 AM
very slow, cursor, jerky. something is wrong with game. please fix quickly. will not be buying until I can play this game. I played beta and there was no problem at all.

hint takes forever to recharge! UGH!!

gen

Edited on 11/26/2013 at 10:15:26 AM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 26, 13 7:56 AM
Hello All,

Thanks orphaned for getting this started. I'm going to go ahead and sticky the thread. I've also changed the subject line so that it's easy for users to find.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to is check for an existing thread and if none exist start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 11/26/2013 at 7:58:07 AM PST

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here O

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Nov 26, 13 8:27 AM
I, too, beta tested this game but because my computer is older, I got some areas in some scenes that were "whited out". The funny thing is, I was able to click into these white areas and still get to an active area of the game which I could play! Very weird. I've since updated my flash player so maybe it'll work better this time. I plan to demo this CE version and hope it'll work for me because I loved what I was able to play in the beta version and know I'll love it once I'm able to see all of it!

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here O

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Nov 26, 13 9:20 AM
The game pointer drags so slowly it appears almost frozen and it is unplayable for me. Every thing happens in super slow motion. I see I am not the only one so when is this going to be fixed? I would like to play this game that I have paid for.

geninfo4
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

additional info

[Post New]by geninfo4 on Nov 26, 13 10:20 AM

cont

have a 6month old Samsung with all the bells,whistles. have downloaded and played many games! this game needs serious help. WHEN WILL THE UPDATED FIX BE READY!

this is an addition to the original tech issues

gen

geninfo4
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

tried 2 times rebooting

[Post New]by geninfo4 on Nov 26, 13 10:45 AM
want to know now that I only have 40 min left. to a game I can't play, will you at BFG resolve this issue too.? still very very slow. and frustrating..

gen

[Post New]by Scaranna83 on Nov 26, 13 11:02 AM
I noticed other people having very slow motion gameplay. I have windows 7 and my computer can run much bigger games with no problems so I don't think the problem is at my end.

Very disappointing, the game is unplayable because everything is in slow motion and fps is extremely low.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 26, 13 11:16 AM
Hello All,

Thanks for posting about the issues that you're experiencing.

If your game is running sluggishly, what we recommend first is turning off the custom cursor in the game (and the special affects if necessary). This can often help things run more smoothly.

It can also help to make sure all other programs on your computer have been shut-down, to ensure that the computer has everything it needs to run the game (I'd also recommend restarting your computer before playing to make sure it has a fresh start).

If this doesn't help, our Tech Support Team is here and ready to offer more specialized instructions to help sort things out.

I hope your issues are resolved quickly!

bfgDeveron

Go to: