derbyteam
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

How is everyone spending their gold?

[Post New]by derbyteam on Nov 26, 13 6:04 PM
Just wondering how people are spending all the gold we getting? I keep buying spag. to increase the energy bar up 4000 so far. Hope x-mas is just as good!

jey12345
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

Re:How is everyone spending their gold?

[Post New]by jey12345 on Nov 26, 13 8:59 PM
4000?! Wow. I was pretty excited about getting up to 645.

[Post New]by thasarl7 on Nov 26, 13 10:19 PM
I was saving my gold bars to speed up construction of the buildings but the spaghetti tip is super helpful! Thanks derbyteam!

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Nov 27, 13 7:48 AM
I opened a few of the mini games that I have locked, but I haven't spent the rest of the gold that I made. I think I am going to save it for the next update to see if they open some new towns or buildings. I am reluctant to spend them now because I have most of the achievements and can't guarantee when I will be able to get more.

mguthrie
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by mguthrie on Nov 27, 13 8:51 AM
I've been spending mine to increase max energy and to buy the magic lamp keepsake that doubles your XP for 30 minutes. I would like to save a few for future use, but each time I allow a few bars to accumulate, they disappear. I can't keep any gold on hand, and I don't always get the gold bars when I redeem the reward. I've lost approximately half through non-payoffs.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Nov 27, 13 9:26 PM
I use them mostly to buy the items the game doesnt give out, and to buy keepsakes.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Nov 28, 13 1:39 PM
I used my gold to buy keepsakes, which really speed up the game. I think the best one is the clock that reduces the amount of energy you have to use to enter the cities. This means that you can visit a lot more before your energy runs out - especially with the more expensive ones.
Being able to get gold with these collectibles was a real bonus - I have not yet had to buy any for cash!

[Post New]by mellowtraumatic on Nov 29, 13 3:47 AM
Some food items are half off now so I just bought six lasagnas.

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Nov 29, 13 9:30 AM
I had about 415 gold left after Thanksgiving. Thanks to the half priced offer, I now have 15. I bought 8 spaghetti to increase my energy.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Dec 1, 13 12:37 PM
It was only just before Thanksgiving that I realized I had to pay gold to unlock West Virginia. That is completely worth the money. I stock up on food during the Sale and still have more gold than I started with. Used that to complete some of the achievements that didn't pay out as much (i.e. pet shop).

Go to: