scarabs

pmanuel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

scarabs

[Post New]by pmanuel on Nov 26, 13 8:41 PM
have found all the scarabs, but as I was picking up the fifth one my key disappeared and now I can't pick up the last one outside Madame Fate's trailer. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

Re:scarabs

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Nov 26, 13 9:37 PM
Did you pick up the little turquoise scarab pieces?
I'm not sure why they key disappeared but I remember
on one of the scarabs there were little light blue fragments
the same color as the scarabs that you had to pick up
to repair one of them.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

pmanuel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by pmanuel on Nov 27, 13 8:45 AM
Yes, the scarab at the crossroads broke when picked up and I did get all the pieces (which were needed for the scarab located with Fabiano the weight lifter).
Hope I don't have to start all over again - or if I do I hope the same problem won't occur.

[Post New]by Smuntles on Nov 27, 13 5:03 PM
I am also experiencing a problem with the 6th and final scarab, the one outside Madame Fate's trailer. It will not let me click on it and get it! I was able to earlier when Isis had to go into the hole in the tree trunk but now that I've come back to get the scarab right in front of the tree, it won't let me click on it! I can't open Madame Fate's trailer door without all the scarabs and obviously, if I can't open her door, then I cannot proceed with the game! Help!

Edited on 11/27/2013 at 5:05:50 PM PST

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 27, 13 6:33 PM
The scarab outside Fate's Trailer has a piece broken off. When you touch the piece it will re-attach, then you can pick up the scarab. The piece is right above the scarab.

HTH

[Post New]by Smuntles on Nov 27, 13 7:53 PM
No, I can't even click on it. I've already used the pieces on a scarab, forget which one. Something's wrong here and I'm not sure if reloading the game will help or not. I don't really want to have to do that because I'll have to start over again, which I've already had to do once because the game just shut down and when I got back on, it had lost all my progress. It seems to be running alright now, but I can't get to the scarab outside the trailer. Very frustrating!

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 27, 13 8:09 PM
The scarab at the Crossroads is broken, I think you pick up the scarab & pieces there.

The scarab Outside Fate's Trailer is broken, too. You just have to touch the fragment before you can pick it up. I had trouble with it, too.

HTH

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Nov 27, 13 9:26 PM
I have the same problem as Smunties. I've clicked all over that fragment on the tree, even verified it with the Strategy Guide, but it won't work. The screen is just dead, dead, dead.

Any ideas?

[Post New]by Smuntles on Nov 27, 13 9:31 PM
Yup. That's exactly what's happening on my screen. You can see the scarab in front of the tree with 3 pieces around it but just cannot click on it! Everything else on that particular screen works fine, just not the scarab. And there's no where else to go. Even when you click on the Hint it takes you right there to the scarab. And, like Pepper010, I have clicked and clicked and clicked all over it. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. It's got to be a glitch within the game. So, what do we do? Thanks.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Nov 27, 13 9:41 PM
Smunties, same thing here. My cursor doesn't even turn into a finger to touch the piece with. Does yours? A sparkle shows up in the small knothole in the tree.

I'm going to be really unhappy if I have to start the game over again. In fact, I'm pretty unhappy right now. This ends the game unless something can be done.

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 27, 13 9:54 PM
Dear Pepper010:

First - a Stingray!! Whoa!! how cool!!

Second - do not start game over.

Is a real fussy little thing esp if there is something it wants done that may have been overlooked somehow.

Take a few - have a or - then re attack the little brat!

Edited on 11/27/2013 at 9:55:17 PM PST

[Post New]by Smuntles on Nov 27, 13 10:04 PM
Yes, Pepper010, that's exactly what it does. So, it's not us, right? Definitely the game. Sounds to me like an issue they're going to have to fix and then we'll have to start over. Not happy either.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 27, 13 10:11 PM
I'm playing again & just finished the scarab puzzle. When I picked them up, I got pieces by the scarab at the Crossroads that I used on the scarab near Marlena's Tank. The scarab near Fate's Trailer is on the Bird Cage. When I unlocked it, it fell. I looked on the ground. The scarab is there with 2 fragments, 1 fragment is above it & a small harrow fragment to the right by the hole. I clicked both fragments then the scarab & it went into my inventory. I had problems the 1st time because I didn't see the small fragment.

HTH

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 27, 13 10:15 PM
Thanks ganonsbane:

did say that it is a fussy little beggar!!!

hope you all get that itty bitty piece and ENJOY!!!!

Edited on 11/27/2013 at 10:50:15 PM PST

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Nov 28, 13 5:44 AM
ganonsbane wrote:I'm playing again & just finished the scarab puzzle. When I picked them up, I got pieces by the scarab at the Crossroads that I used on the scarab near Marlena's Tank. The scarab near Fate's Trailer is on the Bird Cage. When I unlocked it, it fell. I looked on the ground. The scarab is there with 2 fragments, 1 fragment is above it & a small harrow fragment to the right by the hole. I clicked both fragments then the scarab & it went into my inventory. I had problems the 1st time because I didn't see the small fragment.

HTH

Thanks. But I have 3 fragments: the one above, one below and slightly to the right of the scarab, and one underneath it. There's no fragment by the knothole. And without a hand symbol, you can't "touch" it.

Ideas, anyone?

[Post New]by Smuntles on Nov 28, 13 6:48 AM
Yeah, Pepper010, I don't think they're experiencing the same thing we are.

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Nov 28, 13 7:45 AM
Smuntles wrote:Yeah, Pepper010, I don't think they're experiencing the same thing we are.

I appreciate all the efforts to help, but I think you and I have a glitch. I've left that profile alone, and restarted the game under a different profile. Let's see if it happens again. Bah, humbug!

[Post New]by Smuntles on Nov 28, 13 8:48 AM
Yes, I've started under a new player name, too. I've gone through it quickly and gotten to the point of unlocking all the scarabs and I've gotten through it this time. It let me pick up the last scarab and I'm on to the puzzle at Madame Fate's door. Hope you have the same results, Pepper010! Good luck!

Pepper010
Stingray
Stingray
4,977 Posts

[Post New]by Pepper010 on Nov 28, 13 9:02 AM
Smuntles wrote:Yes, I've started under a new player name, too. I've gone through it quickly and gotten to the point of unlocking all the scarabs and I've gotten through it this time. It let me pick up the last scarab and I'm on to the puzzle at Madame Fate's door. Hope you have the same results, Pepper010! Good luck!

Thanks, Smuntles! Also check out Page 4, I think it is, of the technical problems thread. We're not the only ones having this problem.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Nov 28, 13 9:19 AM
Hi guys,

I had no problems with the scarab keys and scarabs. One thing I've noticed with some developers (Elephant included) is that if you don't do things in the order they'd like you to, sometimes items can disappear or a scene simply won't work properly.

The next time you get to the scarab key sequence, try doing them in order, starting with the one by the entrance with the scarecrow first and then follow them up using the map.

I hope that this sorts it out for you second time around.

Go to: