PUZZLE IN THE TOMB

[Post New]by katiejean53 on Nov 27, 13 11:54 AM
The third lever isn't there to remove the last 2 shackles. Also no candle to light the burner. Anyone else have this problem or am I missing something?

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

Re:PUZZLE IN THE TOMB

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 27, 13 1:44 PM
You have to complete some parts of the puzzle before the 3rd switch appears. It may be the same with the candle or the candle may only be there in a certain season.

HTH

guppy3
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by guppy3 on Nov 27, 13 8:28 PM
according to the strategy guide (I confess I cheated) you enter the "code" and up pops the last lever and the needed candle. The problem is I can't figure out where the code is. I can read it in the strategy guide but never could deduce where in the game I could have figured that out. Hope someone will answer that because it's bugging me about what I missed. Loving this game!

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 27, 13 8:43 PM
guppy3, my dear:

it is NOT cheating!! consider it an alternative way of using resources!!!!

that is why it is there!!! assisted gaming!!

" get by with a little help from my friends" ..... and the forum!! and the SG!! and whatever else works!!!

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 27, 13 10:42 PM
guppy3 wrote:according to the strategy guide (I confess I cheated) you enter the "code" and up pops the last lever and the needed candle. The problem is I can't figure out where the code is. I can read it in the strategy guide but never could deduce where in the game I could have figured that out. Hope someone will answer that because it's bugging me about what I missed. Loving this game!

When you change the seasons the borders change around different parts & the number of fingers being held up in the mirror changes. That gives you the code to make the 3rd switch pop-up.

HTH

Edited on 11/27/2013 at 10:52:12 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 27, 13 10:51 PM
Do you mean the 4-digit numerical code?
SPOILER:
If so, you find that by opening the doors with the masks in them and matching the symbols behind them. Once you do that you must toggle the season switch and look at the fingers in the mirror - there will be one door that is bordered with a seasonal wreath, the mirror will also show a seasonal hand and a certain number of fingers. Count the fingers and use the number on the door with the matching seasonal wreath around it.

Or something like that... I hope I am remembering that correctly...someone else can pipe in if that's not quite right.

ETA: Whoops, ganonsbane, looks like I was writing as you posted. Well, at least I remembered it correctly!

Edited on 11/27/2013 at 10:52:44 PM PST

guppy3
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by guppy3 on Nov 27, 13 11:40 PM
number of fingers....aha

why is it so blindly simple when it's pointed out to you. Missed that one!

I can hardly wait to finish so I can play again at a smarter level!!!!!

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Nov 29, 13 11:25 PM
Even with this help AND the strategy guide I am stuck

Spoiler space

The hint says to put the leaf in the flask. I can't find a leaf. i have lit the fire but am minus the leaf.

Edited to add that I finally found the leaf but have lost the raspberry.

Any help would be great.

Edited on 11/29/2013 at 11:28:44 PM PST

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 29, 13 11:31 PM
You have to change the seasons to get the leaf & the water.

HTH

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Nov 29, 13 11:33 PM
....also have to change the seasons to get the raspberry, it's from the same bush that the leaf is from.

Go to: