bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Reviews For Campgrounds: The Endorus Expedition Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 28, 13 9:17 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!

What do you think of Campgrounds: The Endorus Expedition Collector's Edition? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Campgrounds: The Endorus Expedition Collector's Edition page HERE.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game HERE

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgDeveron

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Re:Reviews For Campgrounds: The Endorus Expedition Collector's Edition!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 28, 13 9:17 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgDeveron

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Nov 28, 13 9:05 PM
i really enjoyed the first Campgrounds and from what i've played of the demo i think i like this one as well. it's fun and challenging, but also offers an untimed mode for people who don't want to stress out. not sure if i'll spring for the CE since i don't know how much extra playable content there is. having access to art doesn't interest me and neither does a walkthrough since i like to figure stuff out for myself so i'm kind of waiting to see other reviews on the length of bonus play. if i don't buy the CE i'll probably go ahead and get the SE when it comes out since this game really is fun!

pros:

nice colorful graphics and attractive locations
music is upbeat and not annoying
time and untimed modes

cons:

haven't found anything i dislike yet so i can't say except i would like developers to be more forthcoming about exactly how many more bonus levels they are including in CE's.

Edited on 11/28/2013 at 9:12:37 PM PST

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Nov 29, 13 3:21 PM
I enjoyed playing the demo. The graphics are adorable. This game is similar to some of the other building games out there, but just with a different theme. I'm considering purchasing it, but just not sure if there is enough extra CE content to warrant me spending the CE price, even at sale price. Will have to think about it. In any case, it is an enjoyable game IMO.

[Post New]by blahblahboo on Nov 30, 13 10:40 AM
I like games that leave me some choice and make me use my brain a bit. Notice I said a bit, I don't want to have overthink. This game does that. In many TM (Time Management) games, you have to quickly click things in a predetermined order and your options are blocked. This one is more like Royal Envy and TM games of that sort. Yes, you build things, and you best be quick, but you have options about where you place items, what you do first, etc. That choice makes a difference in whether you get gold on a level or not. That choice is also what makes this game a bit better than many others. I like games that make gold possible, but not always a cinch. This one qualifies for me. I am not a super fast clicker due to some health issues, so for a young speedy human, this might be a cinch, but it fits my speed. Fast enough that I am not bored, but not frantic. There is time to enjoy the game. Nice colorful graphics make the game pleasant to look at as you play. The music has a wooden xylophone, chime quality and the sounds are not too irritating, though I am a former primary teacher and am not easily bugged by noises unless they are at an irritating pitch.

adinah
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by adinah on Dec 20, 13 11:59 AM
I really enjoyed Campgrounds so I was very happy to see The Endorus Expedition sequel. It is, however, exponentially more difficult. Even with the built in guide there are levels that I can not get gold after repeated tries. I have tried the CasualGamesGuide as well as watch the videos. On a couple of levels, it is all I can do to get bronze. Why the sharp increase in difficulty?
I hope the developers will follow the lead of some of my favorites and use a 3 level system:
untimed, normal, and challenge (or expert). Personally I find untimed boring and my reflexes and memory are not sharp enough for challenge - but I usually get gold on all levels when I take the middle road. I get a real high from the achievement (which is really needed when winter sets in and I can not get out as much as I like). I struggle through but a game that you can not win is not as much fun as one would like.

Go to: