bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Post Your Queen's Tales: The Beast and the Nightingale Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 29, 13 9:00 AM
Hello All,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to is check for an existing thread and if none exist start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

mcbobbin
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post Your Queen's Tales: The Beast and the Nightingale Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by mcbobbin on Dec 2, 13 6:34 PM
I can't even get it to start. It just says it's stopped working and I can either shut it down or look online for a solution. Then it redirects me here.

I know technically I can delete it and reinstall it, but we have to use a hotspot due to living far out from the main town. That means that I'll have to wait until next month when our hotspot units roll over. VERY frustrating.

Zone244
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Stuck in Dungeon

[Post New]by Zone244 on Dec 2, 13 7:35 PM
The game is cooking along very nicely - no problem. Get to the dungeon, use the pick axe on the rocks and everything freezes. The cursor is all over the place and cannot land where it should. Did a re-install and same thing. This is the first time this has happened to me (drivers, etc. are all fine.). All BF games work well for me except for this one and Maestro: Music from the Void. As I said, they cook along nicely, until they hit this "dead" zone which you can't get past.

Just thought I'd let you know that there might be some glitch.

mcbobbin
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post Your Queen's Tales: The Beast and the Nightingale Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by mcbobbin on Dec 3, 13 6:48 AM
Yeah....I've never done this before, but I would really like a refund. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it...this time sitting on it during the activation stage. It absolutely will not play. I get the same message every time. I have two options, close it, or check online for a solution. And the "solution" is to redirect me here.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 3, 13 11:13 AM
Hey mcbobbin and Zone244,

I'm sorry to hear about those technical issues you have been experiencing.

Sometimes, running the game as an Administrator can give the game special permissions to access files that may be blocked by your computer. This can often clear up errors and glitches like the ones you are seeing. For some steps to run the game as an Administrator for your particular operating system, just click on the blue text below:

Run Game as Administrator

If the problems continue, I recommend contacting our Tech Support Team so our Reps can give you specialized help for your system.

Thanks for your patience with these issues!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by maureencamper on Dec 3, 13 1:25 PM
My game crashes when I get to the boat. As soon as I put the oar in and try to navigate to the next scene my games crashes. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it several times with no improvement. I have many BF games on my computer and I don't have problems with any of them.

Deb_S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

game has audio but only a black screen

[Post New]by Deb_S on Dec 4, 13 9:17 AM
there is a message that says screen res needs to be set to 1028 x something.. and it is!!... but that doesnt fix the problem. this issue is also happening with Haunted Halls: Nightmare dwellers... but none of the other games i installed at the same time!

Lady_Mags
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Mags on Dec 10, 13 11:21 AM
Am haviung the same problem as maureencamper but the odd thing is that if I run it on casual rather than hard I can finish the game . Seems like a glitch to me would love to run it on the harder level

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Dec 15, 13 3:49 PM
Arrgghh I had it nearly freezing in the dungeon too - only the scene in the first archway once you've knocked the stones down, the rest of it was OK.

It went really slow and first time, I had to turn my computer off
then I read this thread , couldn't get it to change mode at first, but did change to system cursor which at least responded. I got my instructions from the walkthrough (thanks) and then I had to go R_E_A_L_L_Y slow..waited for the cursor to change to the magnifying glass or hand, and then made my move.....it took several minutes for that pesky owl to move aside

(I did change to easy mode once I was out of the archway, but it didn't make any difference).
Anyway I finally managed to collect everything I needed, and finish the scene.

I just hope it won't happen anywhere else...I did have a slow minute on an earlier scene (can't remember where) but this was the worst

Incidentally I'm still on XP.

mcbobbin
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by mcbobbin on Dec 15, 13 6:28 PM
Yeah....nope. It didn't fix anything. Just wasted more of my time. I appreciate your feedback, but at this point, I'm too frustrated to even mess with talking to tech support. I wish they'd just refund me instead.

Sophira
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Sophira on Jan 5, 14 1:06 AM
I am also having problems. At any old time during the game my screen goes black and my computer is turned off. The last straw came when I had almost finished the game, the computer turned off and when I restarted and tried to go back in I got a message which said the previous files was corrupted and my profile was deleted and I would need to start again with a new profile.
Needless to say I gave up. Very frustrated as apart from the tech issues I had been enjoying the game.

Zooey2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

The Beast and the Nightingale Tech Issues - Game freezing

[Post New]by Zooey2 on Jan 9, 14 4:13 PM
I seem to have gotten past the point where other gamers are having problems with freezing. I get as far as the pond by the wooden bridge but when I click the hotspot where I am to collect 12 gems, the game freezes. When I restart, I can go anywhere else in the scene except the spot by the pond. HELP!

[Post New]by Nonni55 on Jan 10, 14 7:49 AM
I have tried everything suggested in this forum, have deleted game numerous times
Just tried downloading it under advanced tab in alternate mode still will not play.
It clicks off to menu bar sometimes I can get it to come back on to screen where you push continue other times not, but after about five times doing this then it just goes to black screen with colored lines beeping thru I then have to go to task manager to get out of game and have access once again to desktop. I love what I have been able to play in starts & stops just would really like this issue to be fixed. My computer meets all requirements listed under game.

Runrama2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Runrama2 on Jan 12, 14 1:52 PM
This keeps happening. I tried going in as admin but didn't change anything.
I just keep getting a message that my program has stopped working. It is the scene where the woman gives the sleeping potion. From there I can't go anywhere. I usually don't complain but this is really frustrating since other games play fine.

[Post New]by oliberi on Jan 14, 14 2:31 AM
I am having the same trouble when I put the oar in the boat it just freezers I have unistalled and reinstalled with no joy I also want a refund

linda1942
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by linda1942 on Jan 16, 14 1:32 PM
I got this game with a credit and when I get to the bridge it knocks me off and says access error. I have played it all the way through before this. If I can't play it please give me my credit back. Thanks

mcbobbin
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by mcbobbin on Feb 10, 14 8:52 PM
I'm so upset. This game NEVER worked for me. And now the new Redemption Cemetery game is doing the SAME THING! That's two games back to back for NOTHING.

[Post New]by ofctrainer on Feb 23, 14 12:00 PM
Having the same issue as a few others. Freezes in first room of dungeon area. I checked that I could run as Administrator then changed the cursor and the challenge level. Still not working right, but let me look at one scene. It stayed there for 10 minutes, so still not working. Reinstalled game and had the same issue. Really a shame, because I was enjoying the game until that point.

[Post New]by Dagimp on Apr 14, 14 12:01 AM
I need the bass.dll file that is supposed to be with the download. I have uninstalled this game twice, reinstalled. I have many other games that use a bass.dll. file and they are fine. Each file is different and the program will only run with the correct version. Where can I get this file.

Go to: