shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Comments for Death at Cape Porto

[Post New]by shorenuf on Nov 30, 13 1:14 AM
This is an interesting enough story, an adult theme with a ghostly mystery. No helpers so far, nothing cutesy, The artwork is acceptable, voice overs also acceptable.

I only played for about 20 minutes. I did not see any traditional HO scenes, but you do encounter tasks that combine puzzles and searches.

My main complaint is the misleading levels of difficulty. I chose hardcore partly because there is an achievement for finishing the game in tha mode. There are 3 levels -- casual has fast hint and skip recharge and guidance. Advanced has longer recharges and NO guidance. Hardcore even longer recharges and NO Guidance.

Guidance must mean sparkles, because otherwise there is plenty of black bar "guidance" -- the kind that leaves nothing to your own perception. The fast travel map shows active tasks on all levels as well. Annoying.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

Re:Comments for Death at Cape Porto

[Post New]by Imberis on Nov 30, 13 1:33 AM
I'm glad there's a sale on because, sadly, I would not spend $13.99 on the CE version of this game.

Most of the achievements are (minor spoiler alert) things like "finish Chapter 1 in 30 minutes" or "finish the game in under 3 hours." Three hours?! That's it? I did finish Chapter 1 in under 30 minutes because I got the achievement. If that's how the whole game is, it's going to be terribly short for me.

I am enjoying the story. I agree with shorenuf that the "hardcore" difficulty is not hard at all. I haven't played any particularly difficult puzzles, and I'm already in Chapter 2. The blackbar tips pretty much tell you exactly what to do, so I'm trying to ignore them.

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Nov 30, 13 4:09 AM
I have some questions about a couple of games from yesterday and last week. With the new layout, I can't find the forums. I've been gone a while.
Chit Chat or any others. Can someone guide me please?

Sister13
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Sister13 on Nov 30, 13 4:16 AM
Good there is a Sale going this WE because I finished this Game in 2 Hours in Hard-Mode and that is not a CE worth

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Nov 30, 13 4:49 AM
Dear Journey_1:

WELCOME BACK!!!

look at the screen on your right.

above your personal information box , there is a smaller one labelled Advanced Forum Search - simply input the name of the game about which you have questions then press search - this will take you to the forum you want.

any thing else you need answered, simply let me know!!

ETA

actually, everyone here is wonderful - so am sure there will be many, many, many offers of assistance really soon !!!

Edited on 11/30/2013 at 4:55:24 AM PST

[Post New]by cathiecaffey on Nov 30, 13 5:25 AM
Someone mentioned in reviews its a 'Sequel', sequel to which one of Dana Knightstone's games?

Thanks!

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Nov 30, 13 5:42 AM
Journey_1 wrote:I have some questions about a couple of games from yesterday and last week. With the new layout, I can't find the forums. I've been gone a while.
Chit Chat or any others. Can someone guide me please?

Hi Journey_1. There are only game forums here now, no Chit Chat or other forums. On the top of your screen on the dark blue bar you will see the word 'Community'. If you left-click on that word (while in this forum) it will bring up another page. On that page, on the left side about mid-page, under "Game Forums" in very small blue print you will see the words
"all game forums". And if you click on that phrase, it will bring up a listing of all the game forums (there is one for each game).

OR - you can go to the main PC Game page (click the Big Fish icon at the top left) and click on the "New Releases" tab. A calendar page will come up showing the games released each day for the past 30 days. You can click on a game, read the description, then click on the "Get tips in the Forums" phrase on the left side to access the forum for that game.

Hope this helps!.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Nov 30, 13 6:24 AM
cathiecaffey wrote:Someone mentioned in reviews its a 'Sequel', sequel to which one of Dana Knightstone's games?

Thanks!

cathiecaffey, this is nr 4 in the series. The others were:
Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel
Death Under Tuscan Skies: A Dana Knightstone Novel
Death Upon an Austrian Sonata: A Dana Knightstone Novel

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Nov 30, 13 6:47 AM
Sister13 wrote:Good there is a Sale going this WE because I finished this Game in 2 Hours in Hard-Mode and that is not a CE worth

Thanks for that Sister13; saved me wasting my money - even at sale price! x

OnBreak
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by OnBreak on Nov 30, 13 9:04 AM
omg finished in 2 hours!! I just bought the game sight unseen because I love the Dana Knightstone games. I hope im not disappointed.

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Nov 30, 13 9:22 AM
I played the beta version before it was released and gave it a bad review, because I was disappointed with the game. I love the previous ones and this was not up to par. I see they did not make many changes in the game play. Thanks for letting me know. I will not be wasting my money!

[Post New]by Feffanie on Nov 30, 13 11:04 AM
So I bought this right away after talking to the first character, because he looks like Mads Mikkelsen, anyone else notice that? Haha, thats literally why I bought it, ok the sale helped too. But its good so far, love this series.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Nov 30, 13 12:35 PM
Shorenuf's magic words "adult theme, no helpers, nothing cutesy" are enough to make me demo this game - what a refreshing change!! I think I'd buy it just to play something that made me feel like a grownup.

RustyGig
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by RustyGig on Nov 30, 13 12:36 PM
Does anyone else get tired of all the "assignments" that are dished out in these games. If I wanted to track down flour and eggs and bake, I'd do it on my own. The first game in this series was great, they are steadily getting worse. Sorry about my attitude!!!!

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Nov 30, 13 1:44 PM
RustyGig wrote:Does anyone else get tired of all the "assignments" that are dished out in these games. If I wanted to track down flour and eggs and bake, I'd do it on my own. The first game in this series was great, they are steadily getting worse. Sorry about my attitude!!!!

I thought that part could have been way more involved and fun. Instead, it was find two items for the dish and then do a hidden object scene. There could have been a more entertaining baking minigame or something there, at least.

The woman we're helping, who seems to be a baker, can't remember how to make egg tarts? Then when we find the recipe it's literally three ingredients! Maybe she's really new at the job or something? LoL I know it's just a game, but I found that part kind of weird.

dippydebby
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by dippydebby on Nov 30, 13 4:40 PM
I love Dana Knightstone novels, and I really enjoyed this one. I am not competative,and really do not care about how difficult a game should be for it to be entertaining. Lovely graphics, good hogs and puzzles.Maybe I am in the minority, but I really enjoyed my Saturday evening playing this game.

rachacha
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by rachacha on Nov 30, 13 5:01 PM
I cant even find the hint button? where is it? so far not a buy for me

Barb

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Nov 30, 13 6:39 PM
dippydebby wrote:I love Dana Knightstone novels, and I really enjoyed this one. I am not competative,and really do not care about how difficult a game should be for it to be entertaining. Lovely graphics, good hogs and puzzles.Maybe I am in the minority, but I really enjoyed my Saturday evening playing this game.

Me too !

[Post New]by kugirl00 on Nov 30, 13 8:43 PM
"first character, because he looks like Mads Mikkelsen, anyone else notice that?" I totally noticed that too Feffanie!

Edited on 11/30/2013 at 8:43:53 PM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Nov 30, 13 10:55 PM
kugirl00 wrote:"first character, because he looks like Mads Mikkelsen, anyone else notice that?" I totally noticed that too Feffanie!

Feffanie & kugirl00 I thought the same thing! It look's just like him!! The Developers must really like him to put his image in the game.

Edited on 11/30/2013 at 10:57:15 PM PST

Go to: