mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

microfiche search for John Reynolds

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Mar 12, 09 7:30 PM
Just when I thought this game was a little too easy ...

I am stuck on doing the microfiche search for John Reynolds. I have tried his name, soccer coach, Jackson-Moore, and supervisor (all clues I got from his clue card) but it is still telling me I need to narrow down the search. Any suggestions??

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

Re:microfiche search for John Reynolds

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Mar 12, 09 7:32 PM
ah! Figured it out ... they need to be in the same field. I was entering each one in a separate field.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Mar 12, 09 7:37 PM
Hi, if I remember correctly, the names you need are John Reynolds and Jackson-Moore. I didn't put in the dash in J-M, the first time, but second time did, and it worked. Hope that helps.

Sable

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Mar 13, 09 12:25 AM
thanks! It did!

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Mar 13, 09 3:59 AM
I put 'John Reynolds' in the first field, and when it said I had to narrow the search, I put 'coach' in the 2nd field, and that did it.

dotnotcalm
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by dotnotcalm on Mar 13, 09 10:24 AM
My problem is that I can't get out of the screen which shows the Want Ad for the Custodial worker with the red circle around it. When I hit Back, it gives me the office with the computer glittering. I hit the computer and go back to the Want Ad screen, etc, etc. It's in a loop. I've rebooted but didn't help. Any suggestions?

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Mar 13, 09 2:46 PM
hmmm I didn't have any issues with this. Have you tried clicking on the ad itself before clicking back? Maybe something got corrupted in the download process. Hope you get it figured out without having to reload the game & lose your progress

dotnotcalm
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by dotnotcalm on Mar 13, 09 5:05 PM
Oh yes, I've clicked all over the place. I wish there was the option to just Quit instead of Save and Quit. I'd like to go back to Investigation 4 and approach #5 over again. Otherwise I guess I'll have to contact Technical Support. Thanks anyway.

weirdgrrl
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by weirdgrrl on Mar 13, 09 9:02 PM
Does your Want Ad have a continue button underneath it? If that's missing, then it sounds like you do have a glitch. Otherwise, did you check that microfilm first or second? If you checked it first (and I apologize if I'm stating the obvious), did you remember to change microfilm rolls? Those are the only things I can think of.

Edited to add: I just noticed another thread where people are having problems with the game locking up during investigation #5, so it sounds like you're not alone.

Edited on 03/13/2009 at 9:08:23 PM PST

dotnotcalm
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by dotnotcalm on Mar 14, 09 3:12 AM
There is no "Continue " on the page. That, or something like, that is what I've been looking for. The screen shows the film with the Plus sign from the bottom right pigeonhole. Whether that's the first or second doesn't really matter because I can't change it anyway. Since it really does seam like a glitch in the program, what is the solution? If I reinstall it, there's no guarantee that the glitch will gone. Should I try it anyway, or should I wait until Big Fish can investigate and get rid of the problem? I appreciate your help.

[Post New]by Ann1963 on Mar 14, 09 6:33 PM
dotnotcalm wrote:There is no "Continue " on the page. That, or something like, that is what I've been looking for. The screen shows the film with the Plus sign from the bottom right pigeonhole. Whether that's the first or second doesn't really matter because I can't change it anyway. Since it really does seam like a glitch in the program, what is the solution? If I reinstall it, there's no guarantee that the glitch will gone. Should I try it anyway, or should I wait until Big Fish can investigate and get rid of the problem? I appreciate your help.

I am stuck on the same thing and can not figure out how to get out of the loop. I hope it can be fixed and don't have to start over. I would also appreciate your help.

[Post New]by sanlew on Mar 15, 09 10:32 AM
I am also stuck on level 5. I wish I could replay it. I don't know how to change the microfiche. I wanted to skip the game but now I can't get out at all.

[Post New]by cosiceleste on Mar 19, 09 8:27 AM
same here I am stuck with no way out... I tried re-install & it didn't work... looking at the ad still. UGGGHHHH!!!!

PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on Mar 21, 09 5:51 AM
Is the dialog box still up? I had the same problem in how to return the microfiche. If you close the dialog box, you'll see a microfiche box and all you have to do is to click it and you'll be able to move it back.

Go to: