melonrind
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Problem with crane tokens

[Post New]by melonrind on Nov 30, 13 9:13 PM
I had crane tokens 1 and 3, and I used them both. After that, I realized I was missing token 2. I got it and went to use it, and the game tells me, "The right token will start the game." It won't take token 2, maybe because I used the tokens in the wrong order? As far as I know, there are no more tokens. I'm stuck. Any tips?

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

Re:Problem with crane tokens

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Nov 30, 13 9:28 PM
I'm playing through for the 3rd time & never paid any attention to which token I used 1st. Try closing your Game Manager then open it & continue your game. That cleared up some problems other people had.

Good luck

melonrind
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by melonrind on Nov 30, 13 10:47 PM
Thanks for trying to help. I tried that and, unfortunately, it didn't work. I've given up and started over from the beginning, which is a bit annoying to have to do, but oh well.

northpolejo
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by northpolejo on Jan 10, 14 5:53 AM
This is a huge problem with the MCF games. *ducks rocks from MCF fans*

I had all 3 tokens and knew they were numbered, but thought that was because you just had to have 3. *shrug* So I played them in no particular order. I don't like to follow these games in lockstep, or follow the Strategy Guide if I can avoid it. Where's the fun in that? But now my game is at a standstill. Even after exiting and going back in, it won't take the last #1 token. Just keeps saying 'Oops!' Right. Chapter 7 might not seem very far along to fast players, but I'm not fast, don't even try to be.

I may not start over. NOT happy about this. Especially since the same thing happened to me with 13th Skull. I inflated the raft a little too soon. Game over, locked up, done. Only option was to start all over again.

With MCF, you'd better be either super-intuitive or follow along with the guide. Pffft.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jan 10, 14 10:31 AM
I replayed the game & deliberately put the Tokens in #3 then #1 then #2 because some people were having problems. The order doesn't matter. Each time you put in a Token, you have to get something out of the Crane Machine. If you don't get anything, the Crane will not except another Token but will continue to work until you do remove something then it will except another Token.

Read this Thread: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/263720.page#5574838

HTH

Meandy40
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by Meandy40 on Jan 17, 14 6:59 AM
I cannot get the stupid machine to accept the #3 coin either and at this point I feel like I wasted my money on this game. I used #1 and #2 in order but only by accident. I don't want to start over but I sure won't waste my time or money buying any more MCF games which up until now I have enjoyed.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jan 17, 14 7:39 AM
When you put in a Token the crane works until you get something out. It's not like the ones at the mall where you have to put in a coin each time that you try.

Press the arrow on the machine. If the crane moves then you need to get something out that is above the Clown Head.

HTH

Meandy40
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by Meandy40 on Jan 17, 14 7:40 AM
Ok, I finally was successful with the tokens. I exited and then went back and instead of actually trying to insert the coin I merely went through the motion of moving the claw and having ti attempt to pick up a toy. It did pick up a teddy bear and drop it but of course it disappeared because a clown's head is needed. Then after that was done I was able to use the coin and collect the clown head.

Go to: