BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

Ending at Dire Grove

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Dec 1, 13 1:08 PM
Why does the last scene show Dire Grove?
Any ideas as to whether it is just an invitation to replay Dire Grove
or a hint that there will be a new Dire Grove coming out soon?

Any ideas?

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

Re:Ending at Dire Grove

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Dec 1, 13 1:16 PM
If you're in the Secret Room, I think it's a preview. I didn't post it earlier because I didn't want to spoil it for others.
I think the preview of Spirits of Blackmore may be a Facebook game like Ghosts of Mistwood. I don't do Facebook, I just heard about the game.

All this is just speculation.

Edited on 12/06/2013 at 2:25:48 PM PST

Ending at Dire Grove

[Post New]by athenimartini on Dec 2, 13 10:33 PM
BlackWaterRules wrote:Why does the last scene show Dire Grove?
Any ideas as to whether it is just an invitation to replay Dire Grove
or a hint that there will be a new Dire Grove coming out soon?

Any ideas?

I saw that if you clicked on it, it said that we should go back there and that something was wrong with Dire Grove again.

So I think its a definite possibility of a new Dire Grove and I'm happy with that since I loved the game anyway lol

[Post New]by Whosyerfish23 on Dec 3, 13 1:51 PM
If there's to be a sequel to Dire Grove for PC/MAC it won't be out 'til this time next year. However, a small-screen version is always a possibility. Don't forget that there was the hint of a sequel at the end of Shadow Lake (hopefully a better game - they owe us that). But Dire Grove again? Yeah! Bring it!

chumface
Herring
Herring
355 Posts

[Post New]by chumface on Dec 4, 13 6:30 PM
Dire Grove sequel? How? That game kind of ended...unless someone revives the Banshee...seems like a stretch!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Dec 4, 13 7:18 PM
At the end of Shadow Lake last year there was a little hint to Madam Fate. It may have been an easter egg of some sort, I can't quite remember, but there definitely was a Madam Fate clue. So I'm definitely thinking next year's Thanksgiving MCF game will be some kind of sequel to Dire Grove.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Dec 4, 13 7:36 PM
…at the ending of Shadow Lake you got the ticket to Fate's Carnival, I believe after you found all of the morphing objects - it came from the tiki mask in the notebook. So, yes, I agree a return to Dire Grove - my favorite MCF! Which worries me a bit as I'm sure we will all have very high expectations.

[Post New]by Whosyerfish23 on Dec 4, 13 11:10 PM
I guess we all will need to play Dire Grove again; this time thinking about the possibilities with regard to a sequel. It's always possible that some miscreants from the Blackpool area have decided to un-earth the Banshee in order to wreak revenge on an un-appreciative world. Remember, the Banshee wasn't destroyed - just locked away (by us).

[Post New]by Whosyerfish23 on Dec 4, 13 11:12 PM
And so, the Speculation Thread for MCF 11 starts now! Happy holidays and happy speculating!

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Dec 5, 13 6:06 PM
I'll be playing Dire Grove again.
And hoping for a sequel.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Dec 6, 13 12:44 AM
What an Eggselent idea!
I was going to try replaying the original Madame Fate.....and still might, even though memories of not being able to complete it still hurt....
But, I think I shall play Dire Grove again....and maybe even Shadow Lake, because I don't remember that hint....and may not have gotten all the morphing objects.

[Post New]by Dacher on Dec 8, 13 10:18 AM
If the MCF 11 is a sequel made on Dire Grove it would be FANTASTIC!
I loved the Dire Grove and the cold ambient covered with snow...
The Fate`s Carnival was quite interesting and it suited me perfectly. I love to play short HOGs, many door puzzles, love to combine items... ^_^ hope the next MCF game will be better than this... ^_^

Go to: