orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Post Your Technical Problems For Christmas Stories: A Christmas Carol CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by orphaned on Dec 5, 13 12:42 AM
... problems, please.

Edited on 12/05/2013 at 8:48:44 AM PST

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Chrisrmas Stories: A Christmas Carol CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Dec 5, 13 1:37 AM
That horrible little imp didn't leave the second lens outside the nursery!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Chrisrmas Stories: A Christmas Carol CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by sassylassie on Dec 5, 13 3:09 AM
cynththemoler wrote:That horrible little imp didn't leave the second lens outside the nursery!

Try a new profile or reinstall the game. Maybe that will help?

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Dec 5, 13 4:56 AM
sassylassie wrote:
cynththemoler wrote:That horrible little imp didn't leave the second lens outside the nursery!

Try a new profile or reinstall the game. Maybe that will help?

Thanks sassylassie; I have only a few minutes left so am going to have to buy it, will do as you suggest then. Merry Christmas! x (Makes us full of Christmas cheer eh?) BF ought to give us some Christmassy smilies

Edited on 12/05/2013 at 4:57:01 AM PST

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Christmas Stories: A Christmas Carol CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Dec 5, 13 6:59 AM
Downloaded demo and it came up as expired in game manager, although I have never played this game. Never had this happen before. Any solution?

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Christmas Stories: A Christmas Carol CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by Hespera on Dec 5, 13 7:44 AM
Hi flufffyalso -

Sometimes that happens. If you beta tested the game, uninstall the beta and uninstall the demo, then download the demo again.

If you didn't beta test, just uninstall the demo and try again. Hope this helps.

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Dec 5, 13 8:04 AM
Okay will try to download again. I haven't been given a beta test in over a year. Did I change a setting or is that strictly random? Thanks!

Charkez64
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Charkez64 on Dec 5, 13 8:27 AM

The 2nd lens didn't show up in the hallway until I happened to click on the left grillwork in the bottom of the wall. Then the little imp burst through and left the 2nd lens piece.

Hope this helps. It is a beautiful game. I love the Santa hat on the Elephant at the opening.

Edited on 12/05/2013 at 8:29:50 AM PST

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Dec 5, 13 8:39 AM
Since childhood, I've always been a fan of 'A Christmas Carol' movies, stories, etc., and this game fits right in with this favorite. However - unless I'm doing something wrong (don't see how) - when attempting to put the locket back together (from the pouch), the hand-curser is unable to grasp the final piece which looks like a little cross with a jewel. Each time I put the hand-curser on it and click to pick it up, the entire pouch goes back to inventory. When I click back on the pouch, what I put together of the locket is still intact, but it seems the hand-cursor/'hotspot' to grasp that last piece doesn't want to come together. Anyone else encounter this? This is a definite 'buyer' CE (love Elephant games), but if I'm unable to play it. . . .

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Dec 5, 13 8:47 AM
Hi Robsim,
I just finished putting the locked back together and did not use the piece that looks like a cross with a jewel in it. Once I put it back together, I just picked it up and it and the pouch went into my inventory.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 5, 13 8:48 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for getting the tech thread started!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Dec 5, 13 9:09 AM
elijah5 wrote:Hi Robsim,
I just finished putting the locked back together and did not use the piece that looks like a cross with a jewel in it. Once I put it back together, I just picked it up and it and the pouch went into my inventory.

Which is why I'm back here to repost. I went back and pressed the 'restart' option of the game and, upon redoing the locket assembly, I realized that the jeweled 'X' is the button to exit OUT of the pouch/locket assembly; as it looked so much like a part of the locket and didn't realize it wasn't (Oh, stupid meeee - lol )!! Thanks for your reply/response, Elijah.

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Dec 5, 13 10:03 AM
There appears to be a problem putting the Tiny Tim figure into the proper position. I'm not the only one that posted about this and I have tried many positions (a skip button would have been nice, at least I could continue)

pasthymes1
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by pasthymes1 on Dec 5, 13 12:29 PM
same here. i actualy uninstalled/reinstalled and still the same. i re-aligned 20 times just to see. it is aligned perfect and still nothing. stopped playing. if not corrected will request refund.

pasthymes1
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by pasthymes1 on Dec 5, 13 12:29 PM
same here. i actualy uninstalled/reinstalled and still the same. i re-aligned 20 times just to see. it is aligned perfect and still nothing. stopped playing. if not corrected will request refund.

[Post New]by juttawalker on Dec 5, 13 2:16 PM
Hi
I am having the same problems with Tiny Tim,help please

Post Your Technical Problems For Christmas Stories: A Christmas Carol CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by shoesoff on Dec 5, 13 2:28 PM
orphaned wrote:... problems, please.

Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by Journey_1 on Dec 5, 13 3:10 PM
When I click the try now at the top it takes me nowhere but back to forums. What happened to the demos and how do I try this game? I'm signed in but I don't see the 1 hour demo, or demo or buy now tabs. I'm truly lost. Man, Things have really changed in the short year I was gone.

Thanks in advance.

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Dec 5, 13 4:01 PM
Hi Journev 1,
At the top of this page, click on "PC Games", this should take you to the home page and from there you should be able to download the trial providing you are a game club member. Hope this helps you.

[Post New]by floridagrannie on Dec 5, 13 4:25 PM
I, too, cannot get past Tiny Tim positioning. Cannot go any further in game. Hope a fix is coming. Doesn't help to uninstall and reinstall. Using Windows 7 and updated drivers.

Edited on 12/05/2013 at 5:42:13 PM PST

Go to: