pchy
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

morphing objects

[Post New]by pchy on Dec 5, 13 10:31 AM
I read in the forum there are morphing objects, I've played 10 min. and haven't found any --- also are there morph objects in either version of Nutcracker?

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

Re:morphing objects

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Dec 5, 13 10:33 AM
Hi pchy,

Yes, there are 35 Collectibles in the form of penguins and they are all morphing objects. They are quite slow to morph so you'll have to keep your eyes peeled, but they aren't teeny tiny. Also lots of achievements to be had. A beautiful game all around.

I do believe The Nutcracker had morphs also but it's been a while since I've played.

I hope you enjoy!!

ETA: Orphaned just replied at the same moment.

Edited on 12/05/2013 at 10:34:28 AM PST

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Dec 5, 13 10:43 AM
dear pchy:

yes!!

ETA:

sorry - but have always wanted to do that!!! LOL!! *

Tiger2010's answer is more complete so removed mine but do not wish to embarrass so am back!!

these mammoth developers always morph!!

one of many reasons games are soooooo great!!

Happy Gaming!!!!

* is 54 F in Canada in December!!!
have the spring fever sillies!!!

Edited on 12/05/2013 at 10:58:52 AM PST

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Dec 5, 13 2:12 PM
To all of the above..I too love the morphs...dolls were collectables in Nutcracker (which I've played so many times I can recite the dialogue) and in this one the penguins are not small but hard to find...then I forget to look...senior moment.

BTW Canada...enjoy it....it is down to 48 F in Houston TX and on its way to freezing tonite....burrrrr!

Happy gaming!

Merry Christmas!

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Dec 5, 13 6:35 PM
orphaned wrote:* is 54 F in Canada in December!!!

It's 19 degrees F in Texas in December !

Our countries must be upside down!!

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Dec 5, 13 10:36 PM
Hespera wrote:

Hespera I think its all orphaned's fault, I think she went up there and left the door open. When it gets this cold in Texas we might as well move to Colorado where we can at least admire the mountains.

Edited on 12/05/2013 at 10:37:36 PM PST

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Dec 6, 13 12:34 AM
There are 34 Morphing Objects, one in every scene. I missed #34. I looked for it & finally checked the SG. You have to click them when they look like a penguin & I never saw it morph. Did anyone get them all.

Spoiler: If you use the Sands of Time, it's too late!!!!!

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Dec 6, 13 1:35 AM
I haven't even looked at it yet, is there an option to turn morphin stuff off? I just find them irritating and a distraction, more game, less padding please.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Dec 6, 13 6:46 AM
Hi Nomatt,

I don't think you can turn them off, but they morph so slowly you won't even notice if you don't watch out for them so I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Thanks for pointing out it's 34 Collectibles, Ganonsbane, and for the useful hint in your spoiler. I'm a stickler for getting them all so it's really appreciated.

Love this game!!

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Dec 6, 13 10:32 AM
As in the original A Christmas Carol, the story takes place in different times. If the same location is in different times, there will be a Morphing Object that location in each time.

HTH

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Dec 6, 13 11:15 AM
Penny1942 wrote:
Hespera wrote:

Hespera I think its all orphaned's fault, I think she went up there and left the door open. When it gets this cold in Texas we might as well move to Colorado where we can at least admire the mountains.

I totally agree! Today we have snow and ice...brrrrrr. But it is pretty - so long as you don't have to drive in it.

[Post New]by kridleh on Dec 9, 13 5:30 PM
I found all of the penguins, but the last one wouldn't let me click on it. It was stuck in penguin mode and the hour glass was floating and once I clicked on it, the game just ended. Stunk, think it is a bug for MAC's maybe? Anyone else run into this?

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Dec 10, 13 4:33 AM
I have windows & mine never changed to a penguin. I thought it might start after I used the Sand & GAME OVER,

Go to: