bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

Post Your Design This Home Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 5, 13 11:45 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for getting the tech thread started!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post Your Design This Home Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by GrannynBigDee on Dec 10, 13 3:59 PM
Difficulty purchasing coins and cash while playing the game. The game freezes and then presents an error message stating that a purchase could not be made and to try again later. I have made over four attempts to make a purchase and keep getting same error message.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 12, 13 7:11 PM
We have a new updated version. Check your Game Manager, everyone !!

[Post New]by bickerlynne on Dec 13, 13 4:14 AM
I don't have an update in my game manager and I can't buy coins either. I am running Windows 7 on my PC.

Edited on 12/13/2013 at 5:01:21 AM PST

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Dec 13, 13 7:18 AM
Unable to purchase more in-game currency with real-life money. Error message goes by too fast to get the number. Playing on PC.

Edited on 12/13/2013 at 7:45:19 AM PST

ruibie347
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Game not shutting down completely

[Post New]by ruibie347 on Dec 13, 13 11:19 PM
Hi
I have noticed that when I exit out of the game it seems like it just minimises down to the task bar, When I click on that icon it gives me the option to close but when I do this nothing happens. I do not like to have things running in my task bar unless I tell them to do that as it slows the computer down. Can the techs not give us something in the options menu to say that when we exit the game it closes the game completly
thanks

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 14, 13 11:21 AM
Hi Everyone,

cbellcrm, bickerlynne and GrannynBigDee , thank you for letting us know about that problem. I have escalated the issue and we will let you know as soon as be hear of a solution.

ruibie347, it's very strange that's happening. Running the game as an Administrator the next time you play may help keep it from staying in the task bar when you close it out. You can get some steps to do this by clicking the blue text below:

Run Game as Administrator

If the problem keeps happening, I suggest contacting our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so our Reps can take a better look and help troubleshoot.

Thanks for posting and Happy Gaming!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by ladymanachi on Dec 14, 13 2:36 PM
i sadly cant get any more money and coins when I press 'get more'. it sends me to the money screen, I pick what I want but then a blank white screen pops up then stops working and then goes back to the game saying it failed and to try again later.
I am on PC. I have tried a number of times to see if it works but sadly it doesn't work.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 15, 13 12:08 PM
Hello ladymanachi,

We're looking into this issue right now, but it would be really helpful if you'd contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report so our Reps can take a closer look at what's happening.

I hope this is resolved for you quickly!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by mmrjm1970 on Dec 17, 13 1:12 AM
I am having trouble with the sharing a picture or inviting a friend. I have a pc with windows 7. The message reads You do not currently have an email client setup on your computer. In order to email a picture to your friends, please set up a default email in windows. I have two emails one in gmail and one in aol. Any help would be greatful.

[Post New]by becfem on Dec 18, 13 12:47 AM
I am having the problem that every few hours, the task I'm working on disappears and I have to re-buy items for quests I've already completed. I have already decorated my kitchen and living room twice, and am now being asked to do them both again! Meanwhile, I'm waiting on a bookshelf and a sink to be delivered, but both those tasks have gone from my clipboard. Please help!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 18, 13 1:09 PM
mmrjm1970, it looks like an email client (for example, Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc) is required for this task to work properly. These email programs are installed on your computer and are are a little different from a general email services like Gmail and Yahoo.

becfem, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report so one of our Reps can take a closer look at what's happening here.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by artgal51 on Dec 19, 13 10:46 AM
The size of the game screen is too large for my monitor leaving the bottom half of the clickable icons off the screen as well as the bottom half of all items in the store. Must purchase 2 star items but can't see the bottom of the pictures. I've got lots of other games installed but this is the only one to have this problem. PC with Vista.

[Post New]by melodypoodle on Dec 19, 13 6:07 PM
e-mail client set upI am getting the same message with e mail saying that i have no e-mail client set up but i am using outlook and microsoft live and sending to my daughter who is getting the e-mails. also tried sending to my other e-mail addres on my xp computer and the e-mails turn up there. but am getting no gold.

getting gold.

[Post New]by melodypoodle on Dec 19, 13 6:12 PM
i am also having trouble with e-mails. and not getting gold. have outlook and microsoft live on computer. says i have no e-mail client. but e-mails get to my daughter and to my other computer xp using outlook express still no gold.

[Post New]by kalmekel on Dec 22, 13 3:05 PM
I, also, cannot purchase cash or gold coins in the game. It opens up a blank white window, which I think is the "BFG browser window". It never loads anything in the window...I just get a message stating that it is not responding, so I close it. It's almost like it's trying to connect to a URL that doesn't exist.

I have un-installed and re-installed the game as was suggested by the game and this did nothing.

[Post New]by skwerlb8 on Dec 28, 13 8:31 PM
it says I can earn by cleaning and watering plants but since tutorial I have not had an alert for these actions. I am now level 9.

[Post New]by nica24 on Dec 30, 13 10:53 AM
I am able to send a picture of my home with Windows live mail, but when I try to finish the task "invite friends" it tells me I have no email client. Because of this I cannot get the coins I need.

Slow & laggy?

[Post New]by ladybug9216 on Jan 2, 14 5:09 PM
Design This Home I would rate probably 4.5 stars normally, but right now its about 2, if that. What's happening is it's just a very slow and laggy game for me, for example when I go to click the furniture tab (or whatever) it can take up to 20 seconds to respond. I would love if it would just respond properly and quickly. I love the game, but it's really annoying and there isn't much to say.

I also don't like how you don't get any more coins than you start with, what can you do about that? I don't want to buy any more coins either. I hope the people can respond and help me out

bruner01
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by bruner01 on Jan 13, 14 4:32 PM
I am also having no luck with the "email a friend" goal. I have Outlook 2010 installed and have checked that it is registered as the default email program but according to Design This Home, I have no email software installed. It worked perfectly for emailing a picture, but not for this email a friend goal.

Go to: