Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

Reviews for Jo's Dream Organic Coffee 2

[Post New]by Imberis on Dec 6, 13 12:56 AM
This game is basically like the first game, if you've played that. It also has the same problems as the first game.

Pros:
- Interesting way of serving. You basically put everything together yourself and hand it to the customer by clicking.
- The goals are a little different than most TM games sometimes, which is nice.

Cons:
- Music is annoying.
- Characters walk strangely and slowly, although it's not a big deal.
- WAY too much clicking involved. You click to see someone's order. Click again if you forget. Click to make each piece of their order. Click to add mocha, milk, etc., sometimes for multiple pieces of the order. Click to give them the order. Click to pick up the trash. It'd be easier if their orders just popped up when they came to the counter or sat down.
- You can't hold multiple orders at once. Once you start an order, it'll give the customer you click on the items you're holding. There's a table where you can set down extra items, though.
- The "leave trash" achievement just plain doesn't work right.

All in all, this game is too much like the first game and has the same issues.

Edited on 12/06/2013 at 8:48:28 AM PST

Acashy
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

Re:Reviews for Jo's Dream Organic Coffee 2

[Post New]by Acashy on Dec 6, 13 2:28 AM
Pretty much all of the above, except the "leave trash" worked fine in my game.

- The game seem to have been created for pads, and is a bit awkward for PCs.
- You need to work with 100% perfection and efficiency in normal mode to keep your customers mood from dropping. And even that won't be enough on all levels.
- You can no longer fill up shelves on the go. You have to wait for them to be empty before they can be restocked (does fill faster than the first game though)
- The way you hold the items, now makes it possible to see what you have added to a drink, which makes the mixing a bit easier (but keep in mind if you take that split second to check some customers mood will go down)
- Didn't get far enough in the trial to be certain, but I think the new way of holding the items, might also eliminate the problem from the first game where baristas got in the way when trying to add items to a drink.
- No more trashcan, just click the trash and it's gone. Also not all customers leave trash behind.
- Instead of one long list of things to do to get to the next level, you now get smaller missions and have to build up xp. Personally I liked that change.

Can't think of anything else to add right now.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Dec 6, 13 4:04 AM
Why is BF just now releasing this when other sites have had it out for over a month now?

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 6, 13 8:47 AM
Hey All!

What do you think of Jo's Dream Organic Coffee 2? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Jo's Dream Organic Coffee 2 page HERE.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game HERE

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgWendwater

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 6, 13 8:47 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else's review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they're looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgWendwater

eluvre
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by eluvre on Dec 6, 13 9:33 AM
This game is just too frustrating to play. I spent the most of the Demo trying to upgrade to Level 2 status. The more I played the more I realized your work day would have to be pitch perfect in order to advance to upgrade the coffee shop. The first game was less frustrating and a lot easier to play. I'm not going to spend a full credit on this game.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Dec 9, 13 12:51 PM
Completely agree. This game couldn't be more frustrating. I played about 10 minutes of the demo and I'm outtie.

nmgirl98
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by nmgirl98 on Dec 16, 13 11:21 AM
Played it, finished it, really liked it except for:

-The waiters can only carry one item at a time which makes keeping customers happy in the later levels very frustrating
-The waiters can only service one table at a time and won't move to another table until the table they're working is completed
-As the player, you can't serve more than 1 of the same item at a time. When delivering to the delivery guy, you can't give him, for example, 3 lemon ice creams at a time!
-The 'click areas' are very finite.
-The band takes WAY too long to recharge, even on the highest salary level

All in all, I liked it but the above points made it a little frustrating at times.

Bethe1s
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Bethe1s on Dec 16, 13 6:14 PM
Pros:
- The tray allows you to carry more than one item at a time. You can serve up to three different items per trip.
- New recipes that are less complicated.
- Staff, when upgraded to the max, work extremely fast and complete the day with very little difficulty.
- Upgrades are nice.
- If a customer's "order bubble" shows one of your staff, it will not change if you assist with the order. You can help serve items to any guest and the staff will continue his/her service with the remainder of the order.
- If you enjoy time management you'll probably like this game.

Cons
- The "normal" setting (versus advanced) gets a little too busy at times. There is no relaxed/beginner pace.
- The upgrades are now required, not optional at your pace and many come "due" before you actually progress or level up.
- You cannot "replace" decor as you upgrade (but you can the furniture). For example, I had lilies on some tables and roses on others.
- The Barista's - even when paid and upgraded to the maximum - will NOT come from behind the bar and help out in the dining area.
- Although you can carry more than one item at a time, you cannot carry more than one item per type. For example, you can only carry one ice cream, one pastry, one drink which does not work well when serving multiple guests with multiple orders.
- The band - I hated this set up. They play but take breaks and will not continue to play once the store closes. I still had numerous customers waiting at close many times and could've used the extra boost in mood. Also, the band's breaks last 45 seconds so they really only play twice per opening.
- The absolute worst part of this game is the expanded room. Not everything fits in one screen shot as with the first game. Once you clean the construction up, you have to scroll from side to side to side to see customers and then back to the other side to reach drinks, then to another side to reach toppings. You lose sight of customers this way and it really becomes a pain when trying to make the orders. Really an unnecessary change from the previous game. If I had known this, I would not have purchased the full game.
- Not all drinks are in the same place. They are separated on opposite sides of the room which is not convenient when rushing to add toppings. The set up in the first version was much, much better.

deehofm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by deehofm on Jan 15, 14 8:30 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed the first Jo's and was disappointed in Version 2 for many of the reasons already mentioned. Initially had software issues which took about a week to resolve...response from Techies at Big Fish was prompt and professional. Biggest problem remains a play screen that is too large to use without using mouse or keypad. Found it repetative and boring at the higher levels. Would not recommend.

Go to: