Reviews for Revived Legends: Road Of The Kings

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Dec 6, 13 4:05 AM
Kinda Kool!

BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
What first impressed me playing this, is how incredibly bright, bold and brilliant the artwork is. We have seen a lot of beautiful games with breathtaking graphics lately, and this is just another of those. But it is as astonishing as if it were the first one.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
So, visuals are gorgeous. The locations are imaginatively drawn, and the characters look great. Music is pleasant and light, ambient sound is not loud enough to intrude, but it is there. Excellent voiceovers! British and oh so enthusiastic about the part they are playing in the mystery.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
An evil wizard has been accidentally set free of his confinement and is set to destroy two worlds, ours and another far more magical one. The first sign of this invasion seems to be an evil fog that transforms innocent things into rampant vicious vegetation. Including people who are being turned into trees. Your job of course is to sort it all out and recapture the wiz.

You enlist the aid of magic creatures who assist you after you release them from whatever bonds the wizard has used to restrain them. Some stick around to team up with you. First you get a raccoon who offers his help climbing trees etc.

Then you hatch a baby dragon, who helps you with fire. There’s also a star, that offers history info whilst you seek out her amulet pieces. That’s a lot of help! And a heck of a lot of cute too! You run across many more fanciful creatures, too, on your way.

MAKING PROGRESS
Along with the usual HOPs and other puzzles, this game has a mini-game for charging magical runes, that you will need to keep going. This is an original as far as I know, and involves both a little hand/coordination and brain power. At each occasion when it appears, it is slightly harder than the last one.

The HOPs are interactive lists. There are many puzzles, with varying degrees of difficulty. There is a journal and an interactive jump map. Hint is directional. You can opt to change what indications are given in the map and what sparkles and tips you want. Moving along with the story is sometimes tricky because there are all these portals! But it is great fun.

FINAL VERDICT
I keep coming back, with this one, to how beautifully full-colour it is. And odd. There is definitely a little bit of oddness here, in the characters, if nothing else.

And yes, the cute assistants are in the SE game.

Edited on 12/06/2013 at 8:42:00 AM PST

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

Re:Reviews for Revived Legends: Road Of The Kings

[Post New]by aalaurie on Dec 6, 13 7:26 AM
"FINAL VERDICT
I keep coming back, with this one, to how beautifully full-colour it is. And odd. There is definitely a little bit of oddness here, in the characters, if nothing else.

And yes, the cute assistants are in the SE game. "

Thank you for such a good review. I will certainly give this one a try. Please know that all of us appreciate your efforts JustTheFacts and all of you who contribute to the forums.

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 6, 13 8:40 AM
Hey All!

What do you think of Revived Legends: Road of the Kings? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Revived Legends: Road of the Kings page HERE.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game HERE

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgWendwater

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 6, 13 8:41 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else's review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they're looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgWendwater

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 6, 13 5:13 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

Thank you!

bfgWendwater

Oooh... does Flounder suddenly have a split personality? LOL

I liked the CE demo, but wasn't thrown off my chair with excitement, so I waited for the SE to come out. And here it is!!

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Dec 7, 13 1:24 PM

This Game Has It All

Fun Factor : Excellent

Visual/Sound Quality : Excellent

Level of Challenge : Excellent

Storyline : Excellent

Based on the Demo

This is a beautiful and fascinating hidden object fantasy adventure game. A lot of hocus pocus and magic make this a great game. The player gets both a raccoon helper and a little dragon for assistance in starting fires and burning things up. Hidden object, fantasy, and adventure game players will love this game.

The voiceovers are clear and realistic, the music is appropriate for the game, and the visuals are clear and crisp.

Hidden object scenes are moderately easy, beautifully done, with some objects interactive. Mini games are moderately difficult and thought provoking.

The storyline flows nicely. A construction worker crashes, becomes engulfed by what appears to be smoke and fog, then turns into a wooden tree. The Detective is sent from Scotland Yard to investigate and proceeds to crash his vehicle into tree. The characters encountered during the investigation are awesome.

This game has everything. It is fast paced and challenging.

I recommend this game!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Dec 14, 13 10:46 AM
Just posted that in the CE edition, was away, missed this game....

Graphics approximate, so cute that I had to unload as fast as I could. Won't ask where it comes from, I have a good guess.

Where are the good old CEs ?? Only rubish now....

mdblocher
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by mdblocher on Dec 18, 13 10:43 AM
While the game itself is good. Very imaginative, good graphics, storyline, music not obnoxious. puzzles challenging enough that I only had to skip a couple because I could not understand from the instruction what I was supposed to do. From watching the results when I hit skip, I was later able to do the same type puzzles, But it has some technical problems that take the edge off of the enjoyment. Very slow loading when changing scenes. The foreground at the bottom, Map, Notes, Inventory, Hint button and the cute little helpers all stay while the new background loads very slowly.
Then on the final puzzle the background froze, - see my saga in the Tech problems thread for details.

So I hesitate to recommend this game to anyone who does not have the patience of Job.

Edited on 12/18/2013 at 10:46:28 AM PST

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Dec 20, 13 11:35 AM
.............I absolutely loved playing this game. Beautiful art/graphics, storyline, and situations to figure out. They give us two "helpers"...one is a pocket dragon that you can name [mine is Doodle] and use when you need fire. The second is a sweet raccoon [that has its movements and vocal sounds down perfect] that helps you in high or tight spaces. Great voice-overs and good sound quality. Also, it has puzzles that you can actually figure out!! An interactive map that can teleport you around [so you only need 1 pair of sneakers] is icing on the . If you are into magic and fantasy, and want a break from the darker games, you will enjoy this one....... ...... .....
P.S. I played the SE with no glitches!!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Feb 18, 14 9:40 PM
Super pleasant game, I really enjoyed it. The graphics and colors are eye-candy and it is a little different than some of the other games in a nice way
I bought this after reading the positive reviews and recommend it. Just remember your little Dragon will light any fires you need [I kept looking in my inventory for a lighter of some sort ]
Occasionally the pointer got a little sloppy but that did not stop my playing and I used the jump map many times so I did not get tired feet and the map also tells you where something needs to be done
I'm giving this 4 & 1/2 out of 5, an excellent SE!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Aug 8, 14 7:34 PM
I am really not much into fairy fantasy games and cute little helpers, but I happen to be a great fan of pocket dragons! And the raccoon isn't wearing clothes -- yay!

This seems to be a pretty simple game, both in the puzzles and HOS, and the game play. In this one, the scenery is so gorgeous, even in the HOS, just looking around without having to tax your brain too much could be a little like a vacation, though at one point during the demo, I started to get somewhat bored. I finished the demo just as the evil Cornelius appeared, but it's still unknown what the story may bring to raise the tension. Every story needs some kind of dramatic structure -- so far, the action is like paddling a canoe down a quiet stream and picking up a few things along the way.

My final verdict is, this game appears to be the best of several recent SE offerings. I'll get it with a coupon.

AFTER PLAYING GAME:

Huh. Just as I feared. This game was soo boooring. No drama. No tension. Just back and forth and seek and find and place. My final final verdict: Tiddly Winks would be more engaging.

Edited on 08/11/2014 at 7:42:17 PM PST

Go to: