bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post Your Revived Legends: Road of the Kings Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 6, 13 8:40 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for getting the tech thread started!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

roesbud
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Post Your Revived Legends: Road of the Kings Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by roesbud on Dec 9, 13 11:05 AM
I have updated drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled two games and they are still not working. This one froze right after I downloaded the full game. The other (Heartwild Solitaire) played once, but won't start up anymore.
Help!

[Post New]by DeniseDC on Dec 12, 13 11:44 AM
I've recovered the reeds, plus tin soldier. I'm told the next move is to return to the workshop, but everytime I try, I receive an error code and the game crashes. Anyone else having this problem?

Sage4
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Sage4 on Dec 12, 13 1:29 PM
I'm also freezing when I try to go back to the workshop with the reads. Apparently there's a read error. The hint bar etc appears, but the workshop image never appears. I have a pc windows 8 laptop

ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on Dec 17, 13 11:26 AM
Same here. I'm now reinstalling after deleting, see if that works. Will report back.

ppasolvr
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by ppasolvr on Dec 17, 13 11:58 AM
Well, didn't work, off to Tech Support I go!

mdblocher
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by mdblocher on Dec 17, 13 9:30 PM
Got to final puzzle, clicked skip and the light rearranged, but nothing further happened. The music still plays, Raccoon and dragon still move slightly as they have all during the game.cursor still moves, but has no effect when I press the center of the star or when I try to select Map or Notes or Menu.

nanajak53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by nanajak53 on Dec 17, 13 11:43 PM
mdblocher wrote:Got to final puzzle, clicked skip and the light rearranged, but nothing further happened. The music still plays, Raccoon and dragon still move slightly as they have all during the game.cursor still moves, but has no effect when I press the center of the star or when I try to select Map or Notes or Menu.

Same thing happens for me hope someone has the answer so i can finished the game. very frustrating to get so close to the end and not be able to finish the game.

mdblocher
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by mdblocher on Dec 18, 13 6:44 AM
I had to do the Ctrl Alt Del thing to bring up task manager to delete the process before I could uninstall it. I'm in the process of re-installing. I'll let you know if that works.

mdblocher
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by mdblocher on Dec 18, 13 10:31 AM
I opened game manager, thrash canned the game.
Went to Purchase History and reloaded.
(twiddle thumbs)
Tried to start the game and got two error messages about resources not found.
thrash canned the game.
(twiddle thumbs)
Started the game, got Big Fish Logo screen, Blam games logo screen then blank blue screen. I had experienced ver r r y slo o o w loading of new scenes in this game,
so I went to the kitchen, made myself a sandwich and a cup of coffee and came back.
Still blank blue screen. Not even Ctrl Alt Del worked. powered the machine off waited a bit and powered it back on. Got an error message that the program had tried to read from location 0. Went to Task Manager and canceled game and Big Fish game Manager.
Started Game manager, thrash canned the game.
(twiddle thumbs)
Started the game, got Big Fish Logo screen, the blank blue screen. Again not even Ctrl Alt Del worked. powered the machine off waited a bit and powered it back on. Went to Task Manager and canceled game and Big Fish
game Manager.
Started Game manager, thrash canned the game.
(twiddle thumbs)
This time I started the game from my desktop, outside of Game manager and FINALLY got to finish the game.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 18, 13 3:56 PM
Hey there mdblocher,

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble getting the game to work. If this happens again, a great step to try is to Run as an Administrator which can often give the game special permissions and can bypass errors like the ones you saw.

Also, feel free to contact our Tech Support Team if you have issues like that in the future. Our Reps will be happy to help troubleshoot why that may be happening.

I hope this helps and the issue is all cleared up.

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by toomanycats on Jan 26, 14 10:21 AM
Had the same problem. After uninstalling/reinstalling several times, got technical support to replace the game. But it bothered me, as I really liked it. So, after about a month, I reinstalled it again, using a new profile. This time, it let me apply the reeds to the swampshoes in the armory, cross the swamp to obtain the hunting knife, cut the bottom of the banner on the front of the armory, and go on from there. It did kick me out of the game a few times, but I have been able to continue.

glb613
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by glb613 on Jan 31, 14 8:57 AM
I also am having problems with moving from any room to the workshop. The game stops and returns to the game manager. I uninstalled and reinstalled the games and the same thing happens. If this can't be fixed, do we get a credit?

shunterfl
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by shunterfl on May 3, 14 8:26 PM
This game was just released for iPads today. I can't get past the "Difficulty" page as there is no "return to game" , back arrow, or "x" to click on. I've downloaded it twice. The first time I tried I went directly to that page before I hit play. The second time I tried it by hitting play first. I had the same result both times.

Druecilla
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Druecilla on May 21, 14 2:30 PM
I have this game on my iPad and can't get out of the Difficulty Level screen. As soon as you hit the Play button you get the Difficulty Screen, and I can not find any way too exit it.

[Post New]by riggles67 on Oct 27, 14 10:57 PM
hi. same issue at reeds. try to go to workshop but game freezes. still have toolbar at bottom of screen but the rest is black and game is frozen. running windows 8. clearly uninstall reinstall does not work. will there be a patch or is it dead money for an unfinishable game?

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Dec 17, 14 4:22 PM
I have the same issue with not being able to get back to the workshop. Game freezes up my whole computer with an access error, can't even get to the task manager, had to dump it all. The game was running fine up until that spot. Very disappointed. Has anything been done to fix this? It is such a beautiful game and I really wanted to continue.

madyad
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by madyad on Dec 18, 14 2:01 AM
you need to restart as different player and ensure you leave the broken racket in workshop before you continue on. you eventually return to workshop w/ reeds and reassemble racket so you can use to cross swamp

Go to: