bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post Your Jo's Dream Organic Coffee 2 Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 6, 13 8:45 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited for clarity

Edited on 12/06/2013 at 11:13:09 AM PST

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

Re:Post Your Jo's Dream Organic Coffee 2 Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Dec 6, 13 9:32 AM
Wow what are the odds of this happening, okay second game this week by the very same developer first game was Kingdom's Hey Day now this one Jo's Dream 2 and it's the very same issue with both games when I click play the game acts like it's gonna play but all I get is a black screen again ! I can hear the music in the background just like with Hey Day the little icon appears in the task bar but no game just blank black screen. Come on dev's I've never had any issues with your games until these two and it's just my luck they are both released in the same week within a few days of each other and to top it off they are both my favorite genre which come few and far between so what are the odds of this happening twice in one week. I have the first Jo's Dream and it plays like a dream as I said I've never had ANY ISSUES with your games until these two. I have nearly all of your games your one of my favorite time management game dev's I uninstalled and reinstalled both games making sure to clear out all old keys and everything with a complete cleaning and defrag also I just updated my NVIDIA drivers on the night Hey Day was released so all my drivers graphics and video cards are up to date. Any help would be appreciated come on dev's don't start slipping on me now your way to good for this.

bluekaila
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by bluekaila on Dec 6, 13 11:32 AM
I am playing on a PC. The game starts to play well but can not get past the initial added item of the "cocoa machine" After that it seems like I am in a never ending loop. I keep playing that scene over and over. No other items are unlocked for purchase. Not even level 1 items. I assumed I was in level 1. Please fix.

[Post New]by loocheebean on Dec 6, 13 1:03 PM
I am playing on a PC also and having the same problem as GMAC1007. When I try to open the game it goes to a black screen and does nothing until I hit any key and then I'm back on the Big Fish app. I have bought many games from Big Fish and I even downloaded 2 other trial games when I downloaded Jo's Dream Organic Coffee 2 this afternoon. They are both working perfectly. The problem is definitely with Jo's Dream. I sure hope the problem is resolved quickly because I would like to try it and will probably buy it, like I did the first Jo's Coffee game. Fix this please!

[Post New]by heatmcph on Dec 6, 13 3:19 PM
Well my issue is I am on level 4 and my experience is stuck. Not increasing at all done all upgrades and all missions available are for level 5. No way to get there

[Post New]by sherib on Dec 7, 13 1:40 AM
got musicians to play 1 time now, won't click again. so i tried firing and rehiring them and now they won't come back. and to pass level 8 u need to click the musicians, so i am stuck.

krb2460
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by krb2460 on Dec 7, 13 10:38 AM
I'm having the same issue as heatmcph and lilTweet7, I'm stuck in level 1. Does anyone have any idea how to get past this?

Edited on 12/07/2013 at 10:40:18 AM PST

unicorn68
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by unicorn68 on Dec 7, 13 8:30 PM
Is there a way to make the room smaller?
I always have to move it back and forth to get to the hot chocolate or the tables
Screen resolution doesnt help.
Any advice here?
Thanks in advance

[Post New]by signesmor on Dec 8, 13 10:45 AM
I have the exact same problem as heatmcph, also stuck on level 4. I have 428/600 experience, but I did/bought everything and still can't move on. Pls fix!

Edited on 12/08/2013 at 10:46:05 AM PST

Kathb1
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Kathb1 on Dec 8, 13 1:55 PM
I am having the same problem of gmac1007 and loocheebean. I've never had this with any other game - when I run it I have a black screen with music playing. When I alt+tab back to desktop, I see the game screen for a split second. Very frustrating.

[Post New]by sl393l on Dec 8, 13 5:41 PM
I am stuck on level 7. Have to serve 3 spiced chocolate. Have served a lot of them but the game isnt counitng them. Cant move on in points without completeing this task. May try to delete and re-install game.

khandersuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by khandersuk on Dec 9, 13 3:47 PM
Watching this forum the past few days to see if any solution comes up for the same problem I am having.

I am on Windows 8, and I can hear the game but nothing else. I have opened and closed multiple times, ensured my drivers are up to date, re-installed - nothing is working. I have played around with the settings of my pc to see if that would help, still nothing. I purchased this game and wondering how long before BFG will update us? I am relieved I am not the only one having the issue of not being able to start the game up.

[Post New]by loocheebean on Dec 10, 13 12:01 PM
Just tried the game again and it worked perfectly!! Thanks guys, well done!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 11, 13 5:31 PM
Hello loocheebean, I'm so happy the game is working for you now.

If you're still seeing that black screen in your game, I'd recommend checking for updates on your computer to make sure that's communicating well with the game. For help doing that, just click on the blue text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you seem to be stuck in the game, I'd recommend restarting your computer completely and then trying it once more. If that doesn't help, it may be worth a shot to uninstall and reinstall the game to make sure all the files have downloaded correctly. For help with that, just click on the blue text:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

If these suggestions don't help, I'd recommend contacting our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can offer more targeted suggestions.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

Post Your Jo's Dream Organic Coffee 2 Tech Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by pearl4615 on Dec 11, 13 7:36 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited for clarity

[Post New]by lilpollyesther on Dec 11, 13 8:44 PM
same as a few people. It stays at 40 and won't progress to level 1. Also, when I click on the book icon at the top right, the computer makes the error sound, and an error screen "restart the application please" shows. I've tried it several times, once with the first profile deleted, and a new profile. Too bad, I have the first one, would have bought this one.

[Post New]by artbytanya on Dec 13, 13 11:14 PM
These games worked fine on an old PC but not on my new one which is much better.

I get an error access violation, termination pop up when I try to start up the game. The original Jo's Organic Coffee as well as the Shopping games with similar graphics have this same issue. I tried playing in compatibility mode but it doesn't help as it has with other games.
I have sought help and contacted over this issue but have not resolved it for many games.

PLEASE HELP

deehofm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by deehofm on Dec 14, 13 10:52 AM
Hello. I'm stuck on Level 1. My experience points are not increasing and the only task left is expand room...no smaller tasks underneath are showing up. Not sure what the fix is, but I'm at $20,000 and no end to the loop in site. Please help.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Dec 14, 13 12:17 PM
deehofm, remember to buy exterior items - they don't show up as tasks but add XP and should move you on.

deehofm
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by deehofm on Dec 15, 13 4:49 AM
The "tasks" in the upgrade section are all locked,including Exterior. Thanks for trying.

Go to: