flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

Dice [Help for solving this issue and other puzzles can be found here!]

[Post New]by flaxin on Dec 7, 13 5:10 AM
Hello, I'm really struggling with the dice game. The strategy guide tells me to do something, yet it's still not working and I can't skip the puzzle either.

Thanks for any help

Edited on 12/15/2013 at 2:08:36 PM PST

enzocat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Dice

[Post New]by enzocat on Dec 7, 13 8:04 AM
I'm having the same problem, even tried different solutions than the one they give you. Will not skip.

[Post New]by lexiejean on Dec 7, 13 8:13 AM
same thing here

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Dec 7, 13 8:19 AM
I am not saying it will work for you, but I exited the game completely then went back in and entered the dice as per the strategy guide and hey presto it worked. Do not know why.

[Post New]by bluemli69 on Dec 7, 13 9:37 AM
jaylake wrote:I am not saying it will work for you, but I exited the game completely then went back in and entered the dice as per the strategy guide and hey presto it worked. Do not know why.

Thank you for that solution. This did work for me as well.

lilcaz
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lilcaz on Dec 7, 13 3:01 PM
I tried exiting the game and entering the dice as it said in the guide and also exiting and skipping but it still didn't work. Is there anything else I can try or do I have to start the whole game again?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 7, 13 6:03 PM
Hello all,
I think there is definitely a problem with this task. I managed to move to the end as described by the instructions, but nothing happened when I reached the goal. I had to hit the Skip button to move on.
Most enjoyable game otherwise.
Cheers.

KCErin
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by KCErin on Dec 7, 13 8:02 PM
Jaylake - Thanks for the hint. I was having the same problem and as you said "Presto" it worked after getting out and getting back into the game.

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Dec 7, 13 9:30 PM
same problem, and the SG didnot help
cannot skip the puzzle, cannot solve the puzzle

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Dec 7, 13 9:38 PM
dear yvonnehoho:

this puzzle CAN be skipped!!!

hope this helps - gave me exercise and moved me along in this funderful game!!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Dec 7, 13 9:47 PM
yvonnehoho wrote:same problem, and the SG didnot help
cannot skip the puzzle, cannot solve the puzzle

Hi....I tried skipping and it wouldn't.
I closed the game.
Rebooted my computer.
Played the game with about as much success as I have been having (nada)
and then skipped.
I thought for a moment it didn't work, but was patient....
stayed patient when the screen went black longer than I liked...
and voila!
a cut scene!

so, try again....but after you have closed out of the game.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Dec 7, 13 10:46 PM
hi there again,
If you can't skip this puzzle, go back to the options menu and set your playing mode to the easiest level.
Cheers

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Dec 7, 13 11:36 PM
I finally could skip the puzzle, after starting the computer again I went to the puzzle and before trying to finish the puzzle I skipped and that worked (for me).
So I didnot change the dices, didnot try to play the puzzle by pushing start, the first thing I did was skip the puzzle and hoeraaaa...there was the crown
I hope this helps for those who are still having troubles
good luck

asail
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by asail on Dec 8, 13 5:19 AM
the suggestion to restart and enter the correct order of dice worked for me as well.
i'm glad because I didn't want to have to reload.
Merry Christmas all!

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Dec 8, 13 6:21 AM
I too got stuck at the dice puzzle. I was playing in the advanced mode, tried the SG advice, and tried to skip, but it wouldn't let me skip (sorry, but it wouldn't). I came out of the game, completely, went back in and was still stuck. By now I had also got rid of the game cursor since that was getting more and more vague. I changed to casual mode, could't skip and the SG route didn't work. Each time I pressed skip it went to the correct spot, but nothing else happened.

Finally I came out of the game and closed down the lappy, restarted it and then restarted the game. Oh horrors - the black screen of death, nothing, absolutely nothing. Con/Alt/Del worked but said the game wasn't responding. Tried again and after a really long black screen the game started up again. Went to the dice, pressed skip, it skipped to the oink cross and then slowly and jerkily went into the cut scene and Taaa daaaa I got the crown.

Sorry for the verbose post - but I'm just saying 'If at first you don't succeed'

I would point out that it is a tribute to the game I went to all that bother, I was just reaching the 'refund please' stage when it worked.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 8, 13 11:34 AM
Hello All,

Thanks for posting about this issue, and the temporary solution that some of your found!

I just wanted to let you know that we are currently looking into this and will let you know once we have more information.

Though this is tech issue, I'm going to go ahead and leave this thread open as it's really helping our gamers.

Thanks for your patience all!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by thyca29 on Dec 8, 13 3:21 PM
yvonnehoho wrote:I finally could skip the puzzle, after starting the computer again I went to the puzzle and before trying to finish the puzzle I skipped and that worked (for me).
So I didnot change the dices, didnot try to play the puzzle by pushing start, the first thing I did was skip the puzzle and hoeraaaa...there was the crown
good luck

[Post New]by thyca29 on Dec 8, 13 3:23 PM
thyca29 wrote:
yvonnehoho wrote:I finally could skip the puzzle, after starting the computer again I went to the puzzle and before trying to finish the puzzle I skipped and that worked (for me).
good luck

Thanks ! It worked when I did it your way...exit the game, start it again at the same point and skipped right away, without tring anything
Good advice to get the crown and carry on that really good game

lcmoody
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lcmoody on Dec 8, 13 6:16 PM
I went up the ladder to the cut scene and completed the game. The end of the cut scene leaves you back in the hole to complete the dice game.

Akaabbey
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by Akaabbey on Dec 9, 13 1:07 PM
jaylake wrote:I am not saying it will work for you, but I exited the game completely then went back in and entered the dice as per the strategy guide and hey presto it worked. Do not know why.

Thanks that worked for me....I should have thought of that after the door maze one

Abbey

Go to: