orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

something wicked this way comes ...

[Post New]by orphaned on Dec 9, 13 12:36 AM
how delicious to also have a creepy adventure/mystery!!

really like it thus far ....

an instant buy. thank you!!

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

Re:something wicked this way comes ...

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Dec 9, 13 1:46 AM
haha, same here...

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Dec 9, 13 3:08 AM
I've been getting new stand alone SEs sight unseen just to use up my aging coupons and haven't been disappointed yet... they've all been pretty good games. This one is a treat, it's kind of old school graphics with a darker story and minimal gizmos that make it a delight to play.

MerryDaze
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by MerryDaze on Dec 9, 13 3:22 AM
I'm really enjoying this game. No silly stuff to distract from the game, no critters to dress, yay!

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 9, 13 3:49 AM
I played for about 20 minutes and i bought the game, I liked everything about this creepy game..the sounds was perfect with the game thx dev's for all your hard work and time and being so creative great game thx BF.. 's

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Dec 9, 13 5:59 AM
I've read the reviews and a few other posts so I'm going to play the demo and see what happens. I hope I like this one. I still haven't bought Christmas Stories yet so it's anyone guess how I'll react to this game. I loved Christmas Stories by the way.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Dec 9, 13 6:12 AM
So glad to not have to deal with any animals that require dressing up! That alone gives me reason to try this one. And I welcome a break from fairytales. A nice creepy game without a lot of hand holding and I have to think for myself - sounds like a good one to me! Off to demo and hopefully buy.....

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Dec 9, 13 6:41 AM
Spooky?
Oooky?
Downright Creepy?

hmmm....sounds like a nice balance to the x-mas game....think I will give it a spin around the laptop and see if it plays.
a test drive around the block and see how the ground lays
a **** wiggle of doom (its a cat thing) and leap right in and hope I get the mouse....
oh, it is already in my hand....
guess, I'd better shush and go play this thing...thingummy....game...

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Dec 9, 13 7:40 AM
I played this on another site and loved it, wanted to buy it but the thought of spending real money made me pause.......just long enough to see BF bring it here for a TGT! How exciting! Will purchase here for sure, positive! Great game all around so I am off to buy....no need for playing trial....as I know what I am getting.

Luv it!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 9, 13 9:01 AM
I also tried this game on another site, day before yesterday, but wasn't going to pay 9.99 for it, SO very happy to see it on BF today..YAY

Loved the opening scene CREEPY for sure, finally a great SE to use a coupon on.
Also, just a heads up, I BETA tested a game called FRIGHT for BF, now that one REALLY has the creep factor, it was AWESOME in every category, the graphic's, music and sound effects, are some of the best I've seen in a creepy game.
LOVED it, will be a buy for sure, when it's released.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Dec 9, 13 9:17 AM
Only 15 minutes into the game and already I'm stuck - absolutely loving it! So nice to have a challenging game with no cute pets or fairy-tale themes. I hope to take a looong time with this one - and the fact that it's SE and not CE is an added bonus, finally something I can use a PCC on!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Dec 9, 13 10:45 AM
Oooh creepy ! I'm really enjoying this game and will use a pcc on it.

Can't wait for FRIGHT to come out. It sounds good

Raven_wing
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Raven_wing on Dec 9, 13 12:04 PM
What a perfect little gem, I almost passed this one up. It is the right mix of creepiness and scariness for me, my heart is still in my throat. Great little scare-fest coming up.

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Dec 9, 13 12:15 PM
Not for the Faint Hearted

I just demoed the game.

This is an excellent dark, eerie, and creepy hidden object adventure. Warning: It is not for the faint hearted. In the 1st 2 scenes what appear to be a mother and child traveling in a beat up sedan, stop for lunch, get back on the road, and then have a wreck when a shadowy figure lays down a spike strip and causes their car to crash. When Mom comes to, the child is gone. Very creepily and expertly done.

The visuals are very realistic down to the last details. The soundtrack is ominous and lends more of a "creep" factor to the game.

Hidden object scenes were great. Some objects interactive, some used in the storyline, which is excellent. Mini games were okay, kept me busy.

This is a game of secret rooms, trap doors, safes, chests. I came upon tortured dolls and toys, creepy drawings, and letters describing a demon child.

The creep factor was in this one: dark, eerie, and creepy, just the way I like it.

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Dec 9, 13 7:13 PM
Who knows whether or not to even try a BF game any more? Obviously, a lot of games don't have glitches until AFTER they are purchased. All you get from BF is 'contact customer service' which takes days at best and then could take weeks to fix the problem, if at all. My last experience with them lasted over a week and they still couldn't fix the problem. The new Agency of Anomalies had a lot of problems and so I waited for a fix - and am still waiting. I absolutely refuse to buy games that are full of glitches even if it means losing some of the free game codes I have. It's getting worse by the day, as badly as I hate to say that. Yes, SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES, in the form of glitch-filled games!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Dec 9, 13 9:56 PM
grummel....
shifty eyes.....
getting ready to run and hide......from backlash....
NOT creepy enough!

there I said it.
I need much more creepy to make me jump.

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Dec 10, 13 12:09 AM
tookat wrote:grummel....
shifty eyes.....
NOT creepy enough!

there I said it.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Dec 10, 13 12:19 AM
Oh....and my apologies to the folks who felt bullied.
I don't think people meant to sound mean....just defending their own choices....
but looking back over it, I can see how someone would feel that way....
and I used to be pretty upset when I couldn't get a Walkthrough and even said I would not buy any game without.....
but heck, I have the walkthrough and the SG to the original Madam Fate MCF game, and I still cannot finish the game....so, it is no guarantee.

But, as people explained, it apparently is not something we can really either blame BF for, or force them to comply with....and mostly I think folks were being loyal to their game site.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Dec 10, 13 12:22 AM
BlackWaterRules wrote:
tookat wrote:grummel....
shifty eyes.....
NOT creepy enough!

there I said it.

Yes Blackwater!
I admit to becoming....JADED!
bwahahahahahahah......
maybe if I keep playing it will seem creepier.....only 21 minutes in!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Dec 10, 13 3:22 PM
Have to agree with you Tookat ,

The beginning was the creepiest part of it for me, just imagining the sick mind of anybody, who would lay down spikes in the road, so a mother and her daughter would crash, is a real SICK-O .
Not saying it's a bad game, I used a free coupon on it, and am enjoying it, but it's not very creepy, for me it takes a lot more...Ummm...like the game FRIGHT.
Oh yea baby, can't wait for the fishies, that think this one is creepy, to try that one.
When it is released that is .

Go to: