in case you have problems .....

Edited on 12/09/2013 at 8:22:32 AM PST

pmb69
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post Any Technical Problems For The Fog here only

[Post New]by pmb69 on Dec 9, 13 1:03 AM
just started playing the game finished the first HO the the same HO came back got everthing but the mona lisa painting wont pick up can't go any further without the painting sheesh!!

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Dec 9, 13 1:06 AM
SAME PROBLEM

micky1955
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by micky1955 on Dec 9, 13 1:09 AM
I have exactly the same problem with the 1st hidden object scene. Cannot go any further.

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Dec 9, 13 1:26 AM
OK UNINSTALL REINSTALL THEN DELETE PLAYER START AGAIN WITH NEW PLAYER BINGO IT WORKED

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Dec 9, 13 1:52 AM
I had no problems with the Mona Lisa painting at all. The game runs smoothly here. Just make sure your drivers, Java, your Shockwave player, Adobe Flash Player, and Direct X is up to date. That's the only thing I can think of. I know I have forgotten this too in the past. I know it sounds like the same thing BF would tell you. Hope this helps.

frazerpaul wrote:OK UNINSTALL REINSTALL THEN DELETE PLAYER START AGAIN WITH NEW PLAYER BINGO IT WORKED

I didn't have to do that either I just played on.

Edited on 12/09/2013 at 1:55:27 AM PST

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on Dec 9, 13 2:04 AM
Did you put the painting in the frame? It picks up from there... good luck.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Dec 9, 13 3:06 AM
4th hidden object - Fridge
This is where you see a dartboard, I finished the HO & came back out to the main scene.

Was clicking around the scene to see if I there was any other actions & was taken BACK into the same HO scene although of course there is no dartboard or other items to combine. I am now stuck in this HO as I cannot click on the chalk or darts and the HO will not close as it seems to think I need to re-combine the original items. However as I have already done that it is an impossible task.

I will have to remove the game & start again which I really hate ; once I am into a game I do not want to have to restart as it is boring having to replay all the HO's and re-solve the puzzles up to the point where the game played tricks on me.

Edited on 12/09/2013 at 3:55:37 AM PST

[Post New]by MUFFY1953 on Dec 9, 13 4:01 AM
I have uninstalled & reinstalled The Fog, three times & changed player names. I keep having problems with HO after clearing the first time. When back in the area it shows to go back to the same HO & then can't finish because all the objects are not there. I should not have to keep uninstalling & reinstalling, change to another name to play this game.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Dec 9, 13 4:33 AM
The way I solved the problem Muffy was to replay the game under another name & then I didn't do the HO in the back room (behind where you remove the film).
Instead I waited until I was able to get to the fridge, played that HO and then went upstairs to the HO in the back room and played that one.

It seemed to fix it & when I hit hint it no longer kept pointing to the HO in the fridge.

Not very good programming

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 9, 13 5:58 AM
Fixed the dial and placed it on the phone. Input the correct number and nothing happens. Hint button now doesn't work. Map shows me this is where I need to be, but am stuck. I did go out of the game and come back in, and tried again and the same thing. Have uninstalled and reinstalled to see if that helps. Previously I had a problem with the EKG machine, when the skip button wouldn't work. I closed out and rebooted, and when I restarted it worked then. I really hate encountering glitches where I have to jump through different hoops to try and get things working right again. Thought someone else would have the same problem but I haven't seen anything related. Off to try the latest now.

eta: Dang it, the reinstall didn't work as it didn't save my previous profile, and now have to start all over again. Not going to do it now...will wait for another day. Not happy about it, though.

Edited on 12/09/2013 at 6:03:01 AM PST

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Dec 9, 13 6:52 AM
issues with the hint light telling me to go waaaay left, over the book. There is nothing, no hot button, nothing. The map has me reaching for the belt, but I cant put the fishing rod together. Just plain stuck..what is over in the far left corner anyway
no matter what scene you are in?

Candycleve
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Candycleve on Dec 9, 13 7:59 AM
This game just won't play. I get stuck one place, go out and come back in, and get stuck someplace else. It had me play the first hidden object scene twice, and the second time couldn't get the painting. Same objects to find. Would liked to have played it and was planning on buying it but just deleted it.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 9, 13 8:22 AM
Hello All!

Thanks for getting this thread started. I'll be back a bit later to take a look at the issues you've mentioned more specifically.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Dec 9, 13 8:37 AM
kris_cross48 wrote:issues with the hint light telling me to go waaaay left, over the book. There is nothing, no hot button, nothing. The map has me reaching for the belt, but I cant put the fishing rod together. Just plain stuck..what is over in the far left corner anyway
no matter what scene you are in?

Above the ledger is a box that you picked up earlier; you sometimes have to open a part of the box to find items to use or put things into it that you find in the game. That may be why the hint tells you to go there.

julie421
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by julie421 on Dec 9, 13 8:57 AM
i have tried to open the box above the ledger ,but she don't open : only the book.Why?

M_LADY
Clownfish
Clownfish
887 Posts

[Post New]by M_LADY on Dec 9, 13 9:07 AM
Julie421, you should have something round looking in your inventory called, I think, "chest key". Click on the box above the ledger then use the chest key to open the chest. Hope this helps.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Dec 9, 13 10:21 AM
I was sent back to the fridge the second time too. Finished the HO #1 but having problems with #2. The hint button says to pick up the glue but doesn't say where to use it this time. I have already picked up the plate so there must not be anything left to use the glue on. I have clicked where the darts are supposed to be and they are not there. I am surprised at the problems with this game. Usually the games from this developer run on my PC with no problems.

[Post New]by Okiebulldog on Dec 9, 13 10:50 AM
I'm having the same problem with the 2nd fridge HO. This developer usually has excellent-running games, and I'm very disappointed with this. It looks like fun and I need to use a coupon but am very hesitant about buying a game with so many glitches.

Edited on 12/09/2013 at 10:51:18 AM PST

tottiemc
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by tottiemc on Dec 9, 13 10:51 AM

did the hos in freezer. then was redirected to the freezer for yet another hos but all items were the same. only this time the interactive items used before will not work again. cannot come out of hos until all items have been found, but already used the glue chalk and darts in the previous hos. so cant use again, but as i cant use them, they wont disappear from list, and until they do i cant carry on. please halp. this is the second time it has happened. the first time, i deleted game, and reinstalled, and changed players name, but still same glitch. were do i go from here?

Go to: