Walkthrough

kitty_2009
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Walkthrough

[Post New]by kitty_2009 on Dec 9, 13 2:41 AM
I know this is kinda early on in the posting of this game, but if there is anyway for a walkthrough to be created it would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and I'm pretty sure I won't be the only one who will be stuck on this game.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Walkthrough

[Post New]by thistle809 on Dec 9, 13 6:38 AM
kitty_2009 - you might want to save yourself the aggravation of getting stuck on a game with no walkthrough. I checked the site (with the orange cube logo) many of us use for walkthroughs when they are not posted here, but they do not have one, either. Many of us have decided that No Walkthrough = No Purchase because it is not always an easy task to get your questions answered in forums. It is also very disruptive in the flow of play to have to post a question then wait to see if someone posts the correct answer. A walkthrough allows a player to check for a little nudge in right direction and get on with the game.

nicklin60
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by nicklin60 on Dec 9, 13 7:08 AM
what is the point of only buying a game if there is no w/thru, surely its more challenging without one initially and I am sure there will be one soon.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Dec 9, 13 7:18 AM
Personally I like to use my brain..just sayin'

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Dec 9, 13 7:24 AM
when I first joined - did not even know there were walkthroughs.

Muddling through on my own was half the fun of playing a game.

sorry to see such a negative attitude which could deprive many of some fabulous games!! besides, hard is good!! especially in easy mode!!!

Edited on 12/09/2013 at 7:27:05 AM PST

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Dec 9, 13 7:43 AM
BFG can't provide walkthroughs for every game. It is simply not possible given the economics, time, or few personnel involved. And despite the notion held by some that walkthroughs are merely a bunch of screen shots with some text thrown in, they require days to put together.

BFG developed a criteria, which is used, to determine which games will get walkthroughs. For games not meeting the criteria, the developers are welcomed (even encouraged sometimes) to submit a walkthrough.

BFG is good enough to have game forums, to assist people playing their games to ask questions, along with the ability to demo a game, to allow people to make a determination if the game is a good fit prior to purchasing. And the people who frequent the forums are usually very good about answering questions for those in need.

Hope this is helpful in understanding why there isn't always a walkthrough.

Edited on 12/10/2013 at 7:25:48 AM PST

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Dec 9, 13 7:47 AM
Do you really have to rely on a walk through to be able to play the game. I find it more enjoyable to not use a walk through unless I absolutely need to. Where is your sense of adventure lol

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Dec 9, 13 8:09 AM
In the "old days" we never had walkthroughs but BFG usually had a strategy guide available for $6.99. Then along came the CEs that I started purchasing mainly because the walkthrough was included. Most games these days are so predictable, that a walkthrough is usually not needed, particularly if the game has a built in hint system that almost tells you exactly what to do. Not all games have a great hint system and a walkthrough or SG would be nice if one can't figure out what to do next.

I, for one, don't base my purchase of a game solely on whether or not a walkthrough is available but I do understand that many people would like or want one - so to buy or not to buy becomes a personal preference and shouldn't be used to put pressure on BFG to create a walkthrough for every game.

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Dec 9, 13 8:15 AM
orphaned wrote:when I first joined - did not even know there were walkthroughs.

sorry to see such a negative attitude which could deprive many of some fabulous games!! besides, hard is good!! especially in easy mode!!!

I'm in agreement with you, Orphaned. However, as some of us are [probably] more 'seasoned' at playing Hid-Obj games than others (I've been playing this genre for over six years), I've long come to recognize the variations in logic created by each developer - that is, with the exception of the "rocket scientist" developers Mad Head Games. . .OMG (lol)!! Some logic is obvious for a particular task, while other tasks determine - what I term as - logic-combination (this is best way I'm able to put it), and I find that the hint button is all that's needed if I'm really stumped. Otherwise, if I use walk-thru's at all, it's during game play of the more heady games; as was the case for the 'super puzzles' in the recent Mystery Case Files release.

As this game is - I believe - by a new developer, it's under the reputable folks of Ah-la-whar (so as not to get 'bleeped' out) Games; thus, I feel confident there will be a walk-thru for those that require one.

Edited on 12/09/2013 at 8:20:12 AM PST

tottiemc
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by tottiemc on Dec 9, 13 9:59 AM
i have just purchased this game and on the hos in the freezer, you have to use the glue to stick the plate, put the darts in the dart board, and use the chalk to add up to ten did all this. finished the hos, game out of it, then was directed back to the freezer to do the hos again, with the identical items to find, but although i can pick the glue up it will not stick the plate. the darts wont go in the board, and you can no longer pick up the chalk. so now i cannot get out of the hos, as it is still waiting for me to interact with the items, but game wont let me. exited game to see if that fixes glitch, but it takes me right back to the hos game. any suggestions people, not even a walkthrough could help me with this problem. is anyone else encountering this glitch.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Dec 9, 13 10:04 AM
OMG!!! Such a gem !

Finally my mind is working hard .

I played only the demo, I finished finding *** the screwdriver ***,
and I'm off to buy the game!

Hope I can continue on my own, I'm truly agree with Orphaned , only with the help of the hint (which is very good IMO), add pleasure to play this game.

Also, always I found a lot of help in the forums!

Enjoy ,
M.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Dec 9, 13 10:30 AM
tottiemc wrote:i have just purchased this game and on the hos in the freezer, you have to use the glue to stick the plate, put the darts in the dart board, and use the chalk to add up to ten did all this. finished the hos, game out of it, then was directed back to the freezer to do the hos again, with the identical items to find, but although i can pick the glue up it will not stick the plate. the darts wont go in the board, and you can no longer pick up the chalk. so now i cannot get out of the hos, as it is still waiting for me to interact with the items, but game wont let me. exited game to see if that fixes glitch, but it takes me right back to the hos game. any suggestions people, not even a walkthrough could help me with this problem. is anyone else encountering this glitch.

I have the same problem. Cannot finish the game until I use the glue and for some reason cannot use the glue.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Dec 9, 13 11:00 AM
Even if there is no walkthrough you can usually get a quick response if you PM players . I have done this a few times if I,ve been playing DD games which have been out longer . There are always nice fishes out there to help

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Dec 9, 13 11:22 AM
When I started playing casual games almost three years ago, I had the same attitude....no walkthrough - no purchase.
But, I used the walkthroughs to show me how to play the puzzles I would have skipped.....and that is still what I use the SG or the walkthroughs for when they are available.
Thing is.....I learned. Now, I don't care as much if there isn't a walkthrough if the game is good.
I use the hints. I skip puzzles that I simply cannot get, and I enjoy myself.
A lot of those games, under my old rules, I would have not played and missed a lot of enjoyment.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Dec 9, 13 11:25 AM
Those of you who are having problems with the hint.
Many games seem to need things done in a certain order, or the hint system doesn't work well.
Sometimes the only thing you can do is restart the game in a new profile.....and complain like heck, in the tech thread in hopes BFG will get the devs to either send in a fix or a walkthrough.

If you really are frustrated BFG will almost always refund your game or give you a coupon for a free game.
They are still the most reasonable game company out there....IMHO.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Dec 9, 13 11:49 AM
orphaned wrote:when I first joined - did not even know there were walkthroughs.

Same here. Joined Game Club when it was only 6 months old and never needed a walkthrough. In this game I didn't either. With this team you usually don't need a walkthrough along with a few other teams the same thing. I agree with Orphaned too that you lose out on a lot of good games because of that policy "No WT No game". If I know the team and they have a good hint system so I do get that extra nudge, I will buy the game. And the teams I buy from they all do. So far I didn't need a WT in this game because you do have an awesome hint system. And I am over halfway through I think cause I still have quite a few question marks.

Edited on 12/09/2013 at 11:51:42 AM PST

lvd04
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lvd04 on Dec 9, 13 12:10 PM
I can't believe all the bullying going on here because someone said they would like to have a walkthrough. Not everyone plays games for a challenge. Not everyone is alike. Not everyone thinks the same way you do. That does not automatically make them wrong and you right. There are days I like to challenge myself and other times I just want to relax. Plus there's a difference between a challenge and frustration.Grow up, people and get over yourselves.

kitty_2009
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kitty_2009 on Dec 9, 13 1:01 PM
Um, yeah, guess, I should mention that I don't buy the games, I first play them in demo version, then wait to see which games come out in free play mode. Also, this was just to see if I could get someone to create one because I went to a couple of different sites that have walkthroughs, though I haven't checked in the last day or so, but doubt that they will have one by now, so...

Edited on 12/09/2013 at 1:02:14 PM PST

geninfo4
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by geninfo4 on Dec 9, 13 2:00 PM
would appreciate a walkthrough, am stuck in foyer. can't find where to go next have half of sun wheel. will not buy until I know I can finish this game. it looks interesting.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Dec 9, 13 2:08 PM
please help i cant get pass the safe..i do love the game..

Go to: