harleyrdr
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

phone in headquarters

[Post New]by harleyrdr on Dec 9, 13 5:03 AM
Any one else having issues with making the phone work in the headquarter room?I Guess the code I have in my journal may not be correct. Hint keeps going back to the phone.
update.. wrong code.. my bad

Edited on 12/09/2013 at 5:05:59 AM PST

Re:phone in headquarters

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 9, 13 6:05 AM
I had the same problem, and the hint button quit working at the same time. Nothing I did helped, so I uninstalled and reinstalled, and it didn't save my profile or the game. Not in the mood now to play it all over again

So Harleyrdr, what code did you use? I had 8562 in the journal, and that was what I input to no avail. Would like to know so I don't get stuck in the same place when I replay again.

Edited on 12/09/2013 at 6:07:39 AM PST

Annemotherof3
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Annemotherof3 on Dec 9, 13 2:13 PM
Having the same problem I have already uninstalled once and don't really feel like doing it again and starting over again

pegod
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by pegod on Dec 9, 13 2:22 PM
My code for the phone was 9427 and it did not work either but I tried WolfenRaindancer's code 8562 and it worked! So I am back on track, Thanks , WolfenRaindancer.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Dec 9, 13 7:57 PM
Glad it worked for you! Wish this had all been posted before I uninstalled and reinstalled as I would have tried your number. **** has had several glitch games in the past year, and they sure aren't responsive to complaints, which is why I refuse to buy any of their games from their site. Have little hope for getting this one fixed, either, as BF doesn't seem to have much luck with glitches either unless they are truly massive ones that affect everyone.

Ok, internet was down for over an hour, so I decided to try the game again, even though I hate redoing over an two hours of play this soon. No glitches so far, and when I got to the phone, I first tried the 8562 code, after all, that is the number on the phone paper, and voila, it worked. Thank goodness, now I can move on!

Edited on 12/10/2013 at 3:00:48 AM PST

bjko1
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by bjko1 on Dec 10, 13 1:32 PM
I purchased this game and have had no problems until now. I have tried 8562 and nothing happens. Does the phone have to be fixed before I can place the number? Feel like a real dummy. The game will not let me do anything else. Keeps sending me back to the phone. So if anyone can help I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

hibtug
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by hibtug on Dec 10, 13 1:38 PM
The same with me, 8562 does not work, nor the other number suggested. Does BF realizes how many different combinations one has to make with 9 digits to get the correct number ? I´d receive a Nobel Prize for mathematics ...

hibtug
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by hibtug on Dec 10, 13 3:36 PM
I think I got it ! After several attempts I realized that the first button - where number 1 should be - is a different colour. I dialed the number 8562 then pressed the first button and voila ! it worked !

bjko1
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by bjko1 on Dec 11, 13 2:37 PM
Thanks hibtug. It worked for me also. I was sure that I had done that but.........al least now I can go forward. Haveing a hard time getting the copper symbol to work. Thanks again.

[Post New]by irssecretary on Dec 12, 13 2:30 PM
I am stuck on the phone too. I haven't uninstalled/reinstalled. I have tried that in the past and only had it work once. I do like this game, it's creepy for sure. But I am not going to waste my time with it if I have to uninstall it. I am sorry, but games should be checked and doubled checked before being published in order to avoid these kind of glitches.

[Post New]by amy_angel on Dec 12, 13 7:38 PM
I had issues with the phone too! I tried the 8562 code and it worked! Thanks!

gameidiot
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by gameidiot on Dec 15, 13 2:57 PM
The code given above worked. I did not see that code anywhere in the game. Sigh. I liked this game, but too many glitches to recommend.

Edited on 12/15/2013 at 2:59:14 PM PST

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Dec 17, 13 11:11 PM
It looks like the number for the phone is the same for all players, 8562. After solving the puzzle with the scrap papers in the archive, the number (a screenshot with the phone and number actually) is added in the journal as a new entry. Fixing the dial and putting it on the phone is the next step. After that, all you have to do is to be careful with what buttons you press as the numbers are not clearly seen.

Edited on 12/18/2013 at 8:36:11 PM PST

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by cjpandie on Jan 1, 14 11:41 AM
I had trouble with the phone also. Finally I made sure that all buttons were in the raised position and looked yellowish. Then I punched in 8562 and a drawer at the base of the phone opened. Some of these games are so technical. I guess we need to work and work at them. And remind ourselves they are games. Hope this helped someone.

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Jan 22, 14 11:45 AM
thank you pegod for the info the code you supplied was extremely helpful ^^

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Jan 26, 14 7:21 AM
am at that phone now as well. try both codes as I don't think I have a code yet for the phone.

Simba2009
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Simba2009 on Jan 26, 14 7:28 AM
used 8562 like Wolfen had. had 9427 which DUH is a dud

Go to: