on my laptop it has a very broad dark border even on full screen

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:the worst game ever produced by this developer

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 10, 13 9:28 AM
Hey leo1950,

I'm sorry to hear about those display issues!

There's a chance that this can be helped by altering the brightness settings or changing the resolution of the screen. You can access some tips to do this by clicking the blue text below:

Screen Resolution

I do see that the game has a dark border on the left and right sides of the screen. I looks like the game was developed with more traditional (4:3 aspect ratio) monitors in mind. If you have a widescreen monitor, the excess space is taken up by the black borders.

If you would like to expand on your thoughts of the game, feel free to post a full review in our Reviews thread HERE.

I hope this is able to help!

bfgWendwater

Edited on 12/10/2013 at 9:29:13 AM PST

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Dec 10, 13 2:20 PM
I didn't have the problem (wide borders) on my laptop. I'm running Windows 8 with a really powerful graphics card. And my Adobe Flash Player is totally up to date.

There are levels where you have to light fires in order to see (the ones in caves). Plus some of the relics are difficult to see on purpose in order to make them more challenging to find. They are made to blend in with their surroundings. But they shouldn't be impossible. When your cursor runs across them they respond by enlarging briefly.

Check for updates for Adobe Flash and your graphics card. They both need constant attention because Adobe and companies like Nvidia like to update stuff all the time.

Good Luck.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Dec 10, 13 9:30 PM
I too was a little disappointed.
I love the Island Tribe series but for some reason they have made this game far too easy.

There are 4 modes
relaxed
easy
normal
hard

so there should be plenty of choice for everyone.

I played it through on normal first and had plenty of clock time left- i then started a game on hard mode and still had an awful lot of clock time left.
sure, i am experienced at these games but i am not an especially fast clicker, so I am wondering of the point of 4 modes when even the hardest mode is simple to pass.

With regard to the darkness and finding the relics, I do find that part of the game annoying. It is adding a HOG element to the game and I prefer without it as my eyesight is also carp - finding the relics was the hardest part of the game, I would prefer to have the building part more difficult.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Dec 11, 13 6:22 AM
I agree with your assessment, gove. Thought this one was very, very easy (even in expert mode) and it was over before I knew it. And I couldn't get all of the achievements (not enough octopi, gorillas, or big fish)

I did notice that the development team for this installment is not the same as previous installments, so perhaps that accounts for the differences.

Edited on 12/12/2013 at 4:22:11 AM PST

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Dec 11, 13 8:42 AM
I like it. Alot. I love this developer.

Edited on 12/11/2013 at 8:43:36 AM PST

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Dec 11, 13 2:58 PM
I like the game, but so far is the easiest of the series.

I'm a intermediate player, but the only difficult part was finding the artifacts.
Also is too dark, I liked more IT 3.

Happy holidays,
M.

Go to: