bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Post your Island Tribe 5 Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 10, 13 9:07 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post your Island Tribe 5 Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by t2beng2 on Dec 11, 13 1:16 AM
Just bought this game, but when I opt for a windowed-mode, it doesn't fit my screen. I have a 17-inch laptop, wide screen, running windows 7, 64 bit. Please advise on how can I play this in windowed-mode instead of full screen, so that it fits my screen & I am able to access all the buttons on the top & lower edges. Thanks

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 11, 13 12:44 PM
Hey there t2beng2,

It seems that you can access windowed mode from the 'Options' menu in the game. Just uncheck the 'Full Screen' box and the game window should automatically reduce in size.

If you are having trouble accessing the 'Options' menu, you can also hold the 'Alt' button on your keyboard and tap 'Enter' after you launch the game. This will also reduce the window size on your laptop.

I hope this helps and Happy Gaming!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by t2beng2 on Dec 11, 13 9:25 PM
After doing what you suggested, it still doesn't work nor display properly. The windowed-mode shrinks the sides but not the top & lower edges. That's why I can't read nor access any lower buttons. I have created a Dr. Felix diagnostic file. How do I send it to you? Thanks!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 15, 13 1:01 PM
Heya t2beng2,

That Dr. Felix can be attached to a help request and sent directly to our Tech Support Team. To submit a help request, just click on the blue text below:

Contact Us

To attach that file, just follow these steps:

1) In step 2 of that page, under Attach Files, click 'Browse' and browse in your computer files until you find the Dr. Felix file you created.
2) Be sure to include details about what's happening in the game.
3) Click continue and follow the prompts to submit the help request.

I hope this is resolved for you quickly!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by Noel50 on Dec 18, 13 8:32 PM
I am having the same issue. How did this get resolves?

[Post New]by Celebrine on Dec 21, 13 2:18 PM
Not quite a technical issue, but I have found it impossible to get a perfect score on level 34 because one of the artifact pieces (upper left edge) is hidden by the fog until the level is beaten.

radar52
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

severe display issues in win 8.1

[Post New]by radar52 on Dec 22, 13 8:12 AM
game won't display properly. side and bottom are cropped off and inaccessible. Tried to change screen resolution to match game size, but game doesn't center properly. Really, really want to play but I won't purchase without a fix!

[Post New]by Noel50 on Dec 23, 13 10:17 AM
I unfortunately bought the game and now can't play it

dad48
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by dad48 on Dec 28, 13 6:05 AM
Hi, The problem I have is with level 4 or 5, where you have to uncover the ship. The problem is there is not enough kelp to do this, you only get 13 pieces in total. help

[Post New]by pdgmom44 on Jan 5, 14 9:55 AM
I am also having same problem with level 5....not enough kelp available to complete the level.

[Post New]by Soulpurrs on Jan 10, 14 1:16 PM
Hi. I'm a long time client and up until about 3 months or so I didn't have any problems downloading games. But now it seems I'm getting access violation errors:program terminated messages all the time. I have many games in the time management genre whose part 3,4 or 5, etc, new game I can't download from Big Fish. I am writing this here because I finally went to another game website and this game downloaded fine and it's really cute! I like it the best of the series. I just wish I could get it to download from Big Fish since I have THREE credits I can use I have had Big Fish Tech support try to help with this on going problem, I've sent the Dr Fleix (may have spelt that incorrect) report, as well as updated all my drivers & software and everyone agrees that my computer is top of the line. I'm positive I'm not the only one that gets access violate errors:program terminated messages because my brother, who is a computer programer, got them too when he tired to download one of the new recent games that I wanted, Viking Sage 2 if I recall correctly. Anyways, please get these bugs fixed. If I can't use my money to buy what I like here I'll have no chose but to cancel my membership. Thanks for listening.

[Post New]by vagabondpixie on Feb 1, 14 2:51 PM
Soul - I am having the exact same problem. I have had about 40+ games and up until a week ago have not had any problem. Now any NEW game I download will not play and I get access violation errors. On this game it was: Access violation at 0x0043fa6c. Tried to write to 0x0d9FE8. I have credits as well that I would like to use. I tried to play a different BF game and I got the "Can't create d3d device" error. Tech support have been trying to help, but so far nothing. I pretty sure I am going to have to cancel my BF account.

Cindi2000
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Cindi2000 on Feb 10, 14 10:23 AM
This is a question many of us are wondering about but it has not been answered by Big Fish in the forums:

How many levels are there in Island Tribe 5?

We all seem to think that after you get gold on all levels that the extra islands in the clouds should open up a 5th bonus level.

Another site said that free bonus levels come with the CD version.

So what is the story?

[Post New]by wasttintime on Mar 24, 14 10:00 AM
Where is the kelp farm on level five? It is needed for the crab farm and the pearl farm but does not appear anywhere

[Post New]by wouawoua on May 7, 14 5:39 PM
Cindi2000 wrote:This is a question many of us are wondering about but it has not been answered by Big Fish in the forums:

We all seem to think that after you get gold on all levels that the extra islands in the clouds should open up a 5th bonus level.

So what is the story?

How many levels are there in Island Tribe 5: more than 40......after 40....crash

[Post New]by 4116cath on Jun 1, 14 3:40 PM
Where is the kelp on Island Tribe 5..It is needed for the 2 farms to play the game on level 5?

[Post New]by 4116cath on Jun 2, 14 7:07 AM
dad48 wrote:Hi, The problem I have is with level 4 or 5, where you have to uncover the ship. The problem is there is not enough kelp to do this, you only get 13 pieces in total. help

Island Tribe 5

[Post New]by Rho_335 on Jun 24, 14 10:14 PM

I have just purchased Island Tribe 5 and am trying to play Level 5.

I am finding that you need to feed the Pearl Farm - 2 kelp and the Crab Farm - 5 kelp to produce the pearls and crabs. However there is not enough kelp to be collected to enable you to feed the farms to get the pearls and crabs to drive away the Octopi and Fish. There is no Kelp farm.

How do you get the Kelp to progress on this level?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rho

MariaJane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by MariaJane on Aug 8, 14 5:06 PM
wouawoua wrote:
Cindi2000 wrote:This is a question many of us are wondering about but it has not been answered by Big Fish in the forums:

So what is the story?

How many levels are there in Island Tribe 5: more than 40......after 40....crash

Go to: