bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Reviews for Island Tribe 5

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 10, 13 9:10 AM
Hey All!

What do you think of Island Tribe 5? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Island Tribe 5 page HERE.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game HERE

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgWendwater

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Reviews for Island Tribe 5

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 10, 13 9:11 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else's review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they're looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

(For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.)

Thank you!

bfgWendwater

12george
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by 12george on Dec 10, 13 9:56 AM
Bought this game right away..Love all these Island tribe games...if yu want a nice relaxing fun game give it a try...I have all of them.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Dec 10, 13 10:44 AM
Hi ,

If you played the other IT games, you'll love it!

I like these series because is having the option to play in relaxed mode. Then you can replay in timed mode, when you know better which farm build first, what to upgrade, etc.

It's similar to IT 3 and 4, only the scenery change, and all underwater is beautiful.
IMO, the only con is having this game, is too dark! It's a little difficult to find the artifacts, and also looks more speedy! Maybe is only my feeling because I'm having too much fun!

I'm truly recommending this game, if possible try first Island Tribe 3 and 4 to know better the mechanisms of the game, and don't get frustrated!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays ,
M.

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Dec 10, 13 1:29 PM
12george wrote:Bought this game right away..Love all these Island tribe games...if yu want a nice relaxing fun game give it a try...I have all of them.

I agree with you. These Island Tribe games are among my favorite. I love the underwater and ocean life theme.

julesy

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Dec 10, 13 10:41 PM
Love the Island Tribe games
Nice having the underwater and ocean life theme on this one.
A definite buy

[Post New]by tribie on Dec 12, 13 9:59 AM
I love the Island Tribe games but I'm disappointed in the Island Tribe 5 as it is much too short. I never expected the game to end so soon. Otherwise it is great!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Dec 15, 13 7:44 PM
Nothing really new in this Island Tribe...same kind of game without any really new items or challenges...if you have the other Island Tribes...really no need to purchase this one...same-o , same-o. Ho Hum

LegalMonet
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by LegalMonet on Dec 18, 13 4:59 PM
Having played the other four Island Tribe games over and over and loving them, I bought this game without trying it first.

I'm really disappointed!!

With the previous Island Tribe versions, I could establish a rhythm, the paths made sense, and the gameplay pace was quick and fun. With IT5, the gameplay pace is slooooooow, I can't establish a rhythm, and the paths make no sense at all.

Also, it seems our Hero and Heroine have been given facelifts! They suddenly look like nubile teenagers! Just sayin'...............

**SPOILER ALERT**
IT5 seems like IT in reverse. You can't get to the "factories" you need to produce goods in other "factories" until LAST. This isn't challenging; it's just sloooooow and frustrating.

In essence, I feel that IT5 was rushed out to sell before Xmas. That really stinks for fans of this game series.

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Dec 18, 13 7:10 PM
I was so happy to see this come out. However, I agree with Legal Monet.

Not fun - just tedious. Even fires to light!

Back to play 3 and 4 over again for about the 7th time.

kszanz
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kszanz on Dec 20, 13 11:20 AM
This game is absolutely fabulous! I have all of the Island Tribe games, and they just keep getting better. I'm so glad the makers of this game don't do as some do and keep making it harder and harder to where it's no longer fun. I was able to play even the expert and get gold. I will have to say, though, that there will no doubt be those who think it's too easy. Normal was extremely easy. However, for me, that's okay since I'm retired and am getting to where I still like a challenge without getting stressed. I wouldn't have a problem with future games being more difficult on the expert level as long as normal is still challenging but very doable.

Keep these coming. I'll buy anyone you create as long as they continue to not be too hard.

Thank you!

Minxiepieces
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by Minxiepieces on Dec 21, 13 7:25 AM
As a fan of the previous Island Tribe games, I bought this one without trying it. It is ok but rather a disappointment. It lacks the sense of humor and story line of the previous ITs. It has been fun to play previous ITs again and again. This one isn't even great fun the first time. The relentless clicking on fires is just awful. The music is the same, and characters are similar, although the "researcher" does not make much sense. It jumps from one area to another without much coherence. Did different people do this game? It sure feels like it. If so, please go back to the team who did IT 3 and 4. Those were really fun!

marloflip
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by marloflip on Dec 22, 13 8:11 PM
Way way too easy!!! I loved this game because of the hard factor,use to be a real challenge. Not this one. I just finished 16 levels in one hour, unheard of for me!
Looks like this one was made for the kiddies!!!

QuietLurker
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,497 Posts

[Post New]by QuietLurker on Jan 2, 14 6:46 PM
Well I said before that this one is not fun - just tedious. I have figured out why.

It is because the paths have no alternative or cross paths. There is only one way to get from here to there - and it is a very long way. Unlike the others, this one is not fun and has no replay value.

Back to playing the others again, for about the 7th time - and still fun.

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Jan 13, 14 11:48 PM
I too feel a bit too much running around, but in general like it.

However, I'm disappointed with the now pointy-chin look to our hero and heroine. Looks like they've been made to look Western European rather than Pacific Islander. And too young.

[Post New]by PhaedrasPhantasy on Apr 14, 14 2:05 PM
This is perfect! Can't imagine how it could have been any better. It gets more challenging the further you go, but it doesn't get impossible to do. Love the untimed mode, I always like to play games through at least once on untimed to get the feel of them, this one I went through level 3, then switched to timed, the characters move freely, (don't care for games where it feels like you are dragging them through quicksand) the game is true to it's predecessors, (you KNOW it's Island Tribe) but it still has some surprises for you! Buy this. Love all of the Island Tribe series!! Excellent job!!!!!

[Post New]by ABIGAILSUE on Jun 16, 14 4:18 AM
yup, good game. however--- how bloody annoying are the levels where the fires keep going out and the screen goes dark.
SOOO frustrating and such a time waster. stop it big fish, take these levels out please

Go to: