bfgDeveron
1,934 Posts

UPDATED Version - Available for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' - December 11, 2013

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 10, 13 11:33 AM
Hello All,

I have great news! There's a new, updated version, available for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'. Christmas Update!

This is a critical update, so should appear in your Big Fish Games app. Just click the update to accept that. If you're not seeing the update in your app, just follow these steps:

1) Click on the 'Options' link on the top right-hand side of your app.
2) Select the 'Downloads tab'
3) Under 'Game Update' select 'Manually.'
4) Click the 'Check for Updates' button.

Thanks all, and happy gaming!

bfgDeveron

Edited on 12/17/2013 at 5:14:01 PM PST

bfgDeveron
1,934 Posts

Re:UPDATED Version - Available for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' - December 10, 2013

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 11, 13 2:49 PM
Hello All,

I have great news! There's a new, updated version, available for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'. This build fixes the bug where players cannot unlock Charleston. Also, there are several miscellaneous art changes.

This is a critical update, so should appear in your Big Fish Games app. Just click the update to accept that. If you're not seeing the update in your app, just follow these steps:

1) Click on the 'Options' link on the top right-hand side of your app.
2) Select the 'Downloads tab'
3) Under 'Game Update' select 'Manually.'
4) Click the 'Check for Updates' button.

Thanks all, and happy gaming!

bfgDeveron

Re:UPDATED Version - Available for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' - December 11, 2013

[Post New]by 3t3rn1ty on Dec 12, 13 5:35 AM
This update has again erased all my collectibles,my gold and my money. I had like over 40 gold and now it's at 10 and I had lots of collectibles and now they are all down to 0 and I had over 100,000 in money and it's at 3,000. I can't continue to put money toward a game that has this many mistakes every time an update comes up. The bugs from the updates just aren't worth updating.

Edited on 12/13/2013 at 5:17:45 AM PST

Re:UPDATED Version - Available for Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin' - December 11, 2013

[Post New]by katemh on Dec 12, 13 5:46 AM
Same here, I have lost loads and the Christmas collectables are just not there in any scenes. Also there is nothing to unlock in the new areas of the HO existing cities

[Post New]by Pokemom66 on Dec 12, 13 6:36 AM
I lost the new holiday missions. I did an update and they were there when I got home from work there was another update and then I lost them.

[Post New]by LemQizSop on Dec 12, 13 9:04 AM
I did the update but, I haven't received any request. Am I missing something?

[Post New]by blahblahboo on Dec 12, 13 9:04 AM
I did not lose my gold or collectables, but there are no quests, still can't buy the penguin, change the decorations, or do anything except shovel the walks. Which is nice, but not particularly exciting, especially since so many of us are getting a bit tired of shoveling it for real at our homes. Wish my home shovel worked that quickly. Just thought I would add that since there continues to be some real inconsistencies, even in how the glitches effect different machines.

Again, there must be some way to make sure that there are no glitches, and that the program is working before getting us excited about an update.

Even sadder, you advertised a new version right up front today. Those poor folks who try it for the first time, are going to be really mystified.

I am not sure how the whole thing works when you beta test or whatever it is called these days, but I know there are folks who would test it for free. Just to be helpful to other gamers. I would have. I know I am not alone.

Good luck.

[Post New]by LemQizSop on Dec 12, 13 9:11 AM
I'm just shoveling also. It gives you I think 50 gold bars if you shovel 100 times.

mpdsb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by mpdsb on Dec 12, 13 10:33 AM
I've did the new update but have not received any holiday missions.I've been waiting for new missions as I only have 1 active one.

mpdsb
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by mpdsb on Dec 12, 13 11:08 AM
LemQizSop wrote:I'm just shoveling also. It gives you I think 50 gold bars if you shovel 100 times.

I didn't get gold. I received a cup of hot chocolate to replenish energy

misties
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by misties on Dec 12, 13 11:22 AM
I have been shoveling snow and yesterday i received a cup of cocoa. Now I get nothing for shoveling and it also took my cup of hot cocoa back. It is no longer in my inventory. So no collectables, no shoveling snow, only two new cities that give the same stuff as the boat city. I am going to sit this out until fixed. I think someone needs to take the time to make sure everything is working correctly, even if it takes a week, just get it right before sending a new download out.
thanks..

[Post New]by katber04 on Dec 12, 13 3:13 PM
I really like this game, but these update glitches are very frustrating. It is nice to know that it is just not me.

jacey1959
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by jacey1959 on Dec 12, 13 5:14 PM
I too have lost gold, and have no Christmas quests. Also, does anyone know where to find the Christmas items to charge?

[Post New]by jenanddave on Dec 12, 13 5:21 PM
I haven't had any of those problems, but I wanted to point out a minute glitch on the poker table. It asked me to find the pill bottle, and I clicked on the pills and the teddy bear photo underneath got rid of the pill bottle in my list! Too funny. I successfully finished the room, and got all my goodies from it, so I'm not complaining.
I have windows 7, and I was in picture mode.

[Post New]by skankuls on Dec 12, 13 5:27 PM
I too haven't lost my gold with the two different updates but I haven't had any new quests and I have been waiting without any quests for weeks.

h_o_addict
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by h_o_addict on Dec 12, 13 6:08 PM
Similar issues here - I dowloaded the first christmas update yesterday or the day before and had two new christmas scenes available to search, but no quests or anything. Then today downloaded the new version again and now the two new scenes are gone, but for some reason the last locked scene is now available to me....and still no new quests.

I also had a problem with not being able to find an object in one on the mini scenes and when I clicked hint it showed up a completely different picture - I can't remember what it was now, but will note it next time and report it on the glitch thread.

pasthymes1
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by pasthymes1 on Dec 12, 13 6:25 PM
no collectibles....no nothing..not even the hot chocolate

sahobbs
Herring
Herring
300 Posts

[Post New]by sahobbs on Dec 12, 13 7:54 PM
LemQizSop wrote:I'm just shoveling also. It gives you I think 50 gold bars if you shovel 100 times.
I've done a lot of raking in the Thanksgiving version and didn't get squat and I've shoveled tons of snow and still got squat.
I want to use my game codes for purchasing and it says code is not valid for this purchase. What the hell? The cost of 145 gold bars cost the same as a standard game. I have over a hundred games of both versions and don't need any more at this time.

Edited on 12/12/2013 at 7:55:05 PM PST

kittykora
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by kittykora on Dec 12, 13 9:50 PM

I'd wish buddy. It gives us 60 energy for shoveling 100

[Post New]by Pokemom66 on Dec 12, 13 11:14 PM
Pokemom66 wrote:I lost the new holiday missions. I did an update and they were there when I got home from work there was another update and then I lost them.
Still not getting the update auto or manually!!

Go to: