[Post New]by mammyvis on Dec 10, 13 3:57 PM
I cant find enough kelp in this level. help

Cinders31
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

Re:level 5

[Post New]by Cinders31 on Dec 10, 13 4:40 PM
I have the same issue. I replayed this level 8 times. I tried upgrading the farms and that didn't help. I think it might be a glitch??

[Post New]by lkjack2013 on Dec 10, 13 4:41 PM
Same Issue, not fun!!!

karystar
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by karystar on Dec 10, 13 5:08 PM
upgrade your crab shack to highest level - it uses 5 kelp to produce # of crab - so you end up getting 5 crab for 5 kelp at highest level - which gives you enough crab to pass the level.

Edited on 12/10/2013 at 5:09:05 PM PST

[Post New]by skankuls on Dec 10, 13 9:08 PM
I will not be purchasing this game due to level 5. I spent most of the hour that I had to "try" the game trying to figure out this level. I finally came on here to figure it out.

I understand that kind of strategy when you get up further in the game but not on level 5.

Just wanted to voice my opinion of Level 5.

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Dec 11, 13 5:01 AM
Hi - have you seen this thread?

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/264218.page

[Post New]by shereeaubin on Dec 11, 13 11:13 AM
karystar wrote:upgrade your crab shack to highest level - it uses 5 kelp to produce # of crab - so you end up getting 5 crab for 5 kelp at highest level - which gives you enough crab to pass the level.
THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

[Post New]by stinkweedjoe on Dec 11, 13 1:37 PM
Yes, I did that, and thank you, but then I didn't have enough kelp to make pearls to get the octupi out of the way to feed the big fish that I then had enough crabs for.
This is one VERY frustrating game, and I spent all my time on level 5. I love time management games like this and usually buy them. I didn't even get to enjoy the trial version. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Dec 11, 13 1:59 PM
stinkweedjoe wrote:Yes, I did that, and thank you, but then I didn't have enough kelp to make pearls to get the octupi out of the way to feed the big fish that I then had enough crabs for.
This is one VERY frustrating game, and I spent all my time on level 5. I love time management games like this and usually buy them. I didn't even get to enjoy the trial version. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Hi ,

Welcome to the forums!!!

Please don't get frustrated!!!

You need first to upgrade at full the saw mill! Then collect all the kelps (13 in total) and proceed to upgrade at full the pearl and the crab farms. Then, you start to click on the pink octopus, and later on the big fishes. Only you need to use once two kelps to repair the pearl farm.

Hope this help , good luck !
M.

pestowest
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by pestowest on Dec 11, 13 7:31 PM
Sorry but it take "5" kelp to replenish the crab farm each time. If you upgrade to get 3 crab at each harvest you need 20 kelp to get all 4 of the big fish...... Please help.

marebito
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by marebito on Dec 11, 13 8:44 PM
When you start the level, upgrade your lumber mill to max but don't build any of the farms until you're ready to fully upgrade them. Collect at least 39 wood, then build and fully upgrade both farms. I believe you need to restock the crab farm twice and the pearl farm once with kelp in order to finish feeding the fish/octopi. (You'll have lots of time, so take your time when feeding the octopi and make sure not to overstock either farm.)

Edited on 12/11/2013 at 8:46:14 PM PST

[Post New]by JulezRulez on Dec 12, 13 10:39 AM
Thank you guys so much for the help!!

[Post New]by sultry12345 on Dec 13, 13 5:33 AM
Thank you very much for this info, it worked perfectly.

Lazeedragon
Minnow
Minnow
238 Posts

[Post New]by Lazeedragon on Dec 15, 13 3:54 PM
thank you marebito it worked i had not purchased the game yet but with that advice i went ahead and bought it did not want to buy a game cannot beat.
Happy Gaming every1!

Grannygrim
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Grannygrim on Dec 19, 13 10:57 AM
I too was stuck on this level Marebito so I followed the advice and got through it. Many thanks again

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Dec 19, 13 8:20 PM
A big welcome to the new fishies! Thank you sooo much Marebito!

ladymoon65
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by ladymoon65 on Dec 27, 13 5:17 AM
HI,Merebito

A BIG thank you.I have been trying to sort this for over an hour! The annoying thing was I'd already done it once and couldn't remember HOW!!

At 71 I am not very good on the technical side of things.So thanks again.

All the best for the new year.

[Post New]by Cabbagepatcher on Dec 30, 13 2:59 AM
Marebito, you are a legend! Thank you from me too!
What were the developers thinking, putting this in at level five so that people get stuck on the trial and so frustrated that they won't buy the game?

[Post New]by FlamingJune1967 on Dec 31, 13 11:30 AM
As far as I can tell, the tutorial never even told us how to upgrade buildings. I found the placement of the sawmill difficult to upgrade because there were too many pop-ups at the top of the page. I did manage to upgrade sawmill and crab farm before time ran out, but not sure I will be purchasing this based on the fact that I already had to seek help to get through a level during the trial! I play TM games all the time - own dozens of them, and have never had to do that!
Thanks to those that answered, though. I have a feeling this would not have been an issue had I played any of the previous Island Tribe versions. But developers cannot assume that current players have played previous versions, and this is just bad development imho!

Illusion
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Illusion on Jan 11, 14 3:52 PM
I purchased all of the previous Island Tribe games and enjoyed every one of them. HOWEVER, there is NO point in playing a "frustrating" game like this!!! I did purchase and am now terribly disappointed in what they have done. We play and purchase games to have fun and enjoy..........this is NOT FUN! I will now be very very very careful about purchases in the future! Seems there are a lot of Big Fish changes that are not for the good .

Go to: