bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Post your Awakening Kingdoms (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 11, 13 12:55 PM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to Big Fish Games Help.[/b] Using Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Technical Support Team HERE.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 03/11/2017 at 2:20:38 PM PST

Re:Post your Awakening Kingdoms Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by Carleneruns on Dec 13, 13 4:26 PM
I completed a scene and the games says I have zero items left to find. But I'm stuck in the scene. The hint button says there is nothing left to do. I tried exiting the game, losing my progress (and my energy points) to see if there was a patch. No luck. So here I am asking for help.

HHSan
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by HHSan on Dec 14, 13 6:56 AM
The screen occassionally freezes between cities and when exiting.

IMPORTANT: I finally reached level 10 to let me into the auction, but ALL COLLECTIBLES are being shown as the rarity being "Bronze" ie: Queen Plushie and Griffin Card etc....I checked all items up for auction and they all show Bronze, which isn't the case.

rpederse
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Exit the game?

[Post New]by rpederse on Dec 14, 13 7:38 AM
I don't know if this is a tech issue or a me missing something issue, but I can't figure out how to leave the game. The "Menu" button doesn't seem to do anything, and I don't notice anything helpful on the map or in the "kingdom" view.

[Post New]by dtjjkgr32815 on Dec 14, 13 9:50 AM
Love the Awakening games..have them all! This is such a treat!
But...When I tried to fill out the Profile it tells me that I need to be connected to the internet. I am connected..is there something else I should be doing? I am using a PC with Windows 7.
Thanks..Linda

I also can't get into the collectables.

Edited on 12/14/2013 at 10:35:27 AM PST

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Dec 14, 13 11:34 PM
I was doing, I thought, really well, and had got to around Level 26. Closed the game (not the first time, before it was fine) and shut my laptop down for the night. When I restarted it and tried to resume the game, I was back at the beginning. Not only is this extremely annoying in itself, but I also spent money at the store to buy coins and crystals!

This has now happened about three times!!! My collections are intact, but the game is back at Level 1 each time. Surely there must be something I'm not doing, but since there is no option to save the game, I assumed that, like all my other BFG games, saving was automatic!

Edited on 12/15/2013 at 5:38:54 AM PST

ryouger
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Rose Garden

[Post New]by ryouger on Dec 15, 13 10:13 AM
Carleneruns wrote:I completed a scene and the games says I have zero items left to find. But I'm stuck in the scene. The hint button says there is nothing left to do. I tried exiting the game, losing my progress (and my energy points) to see if there was a patch. No luck. So here I am asking for help.

Same. I've gotten stuck on 2 Rose Garden quests so far (level 6). Only way to exit is thru Menu > Quit. Returning to Castle option does not function.

If I don't have the required components or something, a Help text would be convenient here also. Same with inside the castle... It's unclear what is required to advance here.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

Exit the game?

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Dec 15, 13 11:12 AM
rpederse wrote:I don't know if this is a tech issue or a me missing something issue, but I can't figure out how to leave the game. The "Menu" button doesn't seem to do anything, and I don't notice anything helpful on the map or in the "kingdom" view.

There is an icon in the top right corner of the screen that sort of looks like a gear. Click on that and you will see a list of options. One of the options lets you exit the game.

[Post New]by Alairen on Dec 15, 13 12:24 PM
So, when I just signed in, instead of my level 23 character, it starts a whole new game. It says it's logged into my character (Alairen), but I'm back at the beginning and at level one. I know I didn't start a new game myself, so I don't know what is causing this.

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Dec 15, 13 12:34 PM
That's exactly what has been happening to me! Progress is just not being saved!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 15, 13 2:31 PM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues that you're experiencing in your games.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can take a look at what's happening and offer more targeted instructions to help resolve the issues.

I hope those are resolved for you quickly!

bfgDeveron

rpederse
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by rpederse on Dec 15, 13 3:49 PM
Thank you, Awalkinglady!

Cygnata
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Cygnata on Dec 16, 13 11:39 AM
I waited until the price to finish the textile shop was 3 gems, but when I paid, I went from 29 gems to 17! What gives?

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Dec 16, 13 4:29 PM
A 3-year-old accountant?

MusicNat
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by MusicNat on Dec 17, 13 5:38 AM
dtjjkgr32815 wrote:Love the Awakening games..have them all! This is such a treat!
But...When I tried to fill out the Profile it tells me that I need to be connected to the internet. I am connected..is there something else I should be doing? I am using a PC with Windows 7.
Thanks..Linda

I also can't get into the collectables.

I am having the exact same problem. My internet is working great. Please help!

[Post New]by bobbaylee on Dec 17, 13 11:43 AM
I am at level 15 but now I can't get into the game to play

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 17, 13 11:55 AM
Hello All,

Please get in touch with our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report so one of our Reps can take a closer look at your issues and offer more targeted suggestions to help sort those out.

Thanks!

bfgDeveron

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Dec 17, 13 5:35 PM
New update. Just do a manual check in the game manager. Not sure what it fixes , it just says fixes bugs and other issues. Maybe it will fix the issue of not saving some of you have.

zephyrzodiac
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by zephyrzodiac on Dec 17, 13 6:27 PM
From the help I've received from Customer Support, it may be a permissions issue, so it's worth checking that you are logged in as administrator, and then finding the .exe file allowing that, too.

1. Click the "Start" button in the lower-left and click "Control Panel."
2. Click "Appearance and Personalization," and then click "Folder Options."
3. Click the "View" tab.
4. Under "Hidden files and folders," click "Show hidden files, folders and drivers."
5. Click "Apply" and "OK."

Now that we've made sure that your computer is set to show hidden files, let's go ahead and run the game as Administrator. To do this, please follow the steps that I've listed below:

1. Click the "Start" button in the lower left and click "Computer."
2. Double-click on "Local Disk (C " and open the "Program File" folder.
3. Double-click the folder "Awakening Kingdoms"
4. Right-click the game's grayed out hidden .exe file "Awakening Kingdoms.exe" and select "Run as Administrator"
5. In the window that comes up, select "Yes" and continue to follow the prompts then try playing the game again

I don't know if this will help, but it's worth a try.

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Dec 17, 13 10:49 PM
Cygnata wrote:I waited until the price to finish the textile shop was 3 gems, but when I paid, I went from 29 gems to 17! What gives?

I had this issue too, in the previous version. When I used cyrstals to skip building time, the crystals deducted were for the full building time, instead of the reduced time. However, after I updated to the new version, the proper amounts are now being deducted. So I guess it's been fixed.

Go to: