The Lair

[Post New]by MaxineSchreck on Dec 11, 13 3:15 PM
I am stuck in The Lair in that I have 1/2 the door mechanism and 1/4 of the stone. No other tools and the Hint Button is not working. I can move around the game but nothing seems effective. Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.

hvn1sent
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:The Lair

[Post New]by hvn1sent on Dec 12, 13 9:52 AM
This is exactly where I am Maxine. Someone help!

[Post New]by Greenseale on Dec 12, 13 12:33 PM
Me too!

[Post New]by MaxineSchreck on Dec 12, 13 1:44 PM
Well, that's not good!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Dec 13, 13 10:08 PM
Hi guys,

I don't know if this is going to help but here it goes anyway. Try to gather all the stone parts required to open the stone door inside the lair, the one with the huge skull on top which leads to the catacombs as this will allow you to advance in the game. The parts are scattered at nearby locations. I think one of them is inside the lair, at the right of the lab entrance where we need to place the pistons. Sorry, I can't remember the exact locations but try searching the excavation and the quarantine area as well. Try to search for other items there too as it seems you're missing some. Also, some of them are not easy to spot at first glance, they are too small or well blended within the background, so keep your eyes peeled.

I can't think of anything else right now. Wish more of the players who managed to finish the game were here to help. Oh, are you sure the hint button doesn't work? It is helpful indeed as it points to the right direction at least. Nevertheless, this game definitely needs a walkthrough.

Edited on 12/14/2013 at 2:37:56 AM PST

[Post New]by hersheychapman on Dec 17, 13 7:49 AM
I had the same problem as everyone else here, the hint button was stuck and I couldn't get the pieces for the base relief so I couldn't move on.

I ended up uninstalling the game and re-installing it and then playing under another profile. It really sucked to have to play all over again but it worked and I was able to finish the game. I found that I had not missed anything along the way it was just a game glitch.

Sorry I know this is not good news but it's the only way I figured to get the game finished once it freezes up in the lair. Good luck everyone hope this helps.

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Dec 17, 13 12:29 PM
rebooting or restarting computer also works.!!!!

try this first!!!!

even a computer can benefit from a boot in the hinnie, so to speak!!!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Dec 17, 13 9:54 PM
hersheychapman wrote: [...] I ended up uninstalling the game and re-installing it and then playing under another profile. It really sucked to have to play all over again but it worked and I was able to finish the game. I found that I had not missed anything along the way it was just a game glitch. [...]

It certainly looks like a glitch hersheychapman after all and I'm glad you figured it out but why uninstalling/reinstalling the game and then create a new profile to start from the beginning? Did you lose your progress in the game? It usually keeps it saved. Also, uninstalling/reinstalling it's not a necessary procedure when you need to change profile. You just create a new name and start the game from scratch. And it definitely sucks but sometimes there's no other way to have a game running properly. If rebooting your computer first doesn't work as orphaned suggests of course.

[Post New]by MaxineSchreck on Dec 18, 13 1:30 PM
Thanks everyone. I'll try hunting down more pieces but I think I'm destined to uninstall and reinstall -- my hint button is definitely on the fritz. It is quite frustrating to get this far and have to start over. Happy Holidays!

Go to: