Exotic Pens Quest broken?

[Post New]by hands2calmu on Dec 11, 13 9:15 PM
Anyone else playing the butterfly sanctuary and the stamps place over AND OVER and still not getting the exotic pens for the quest?

LXC12
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

Re:Exotic Pens Quest broken?

[Post New]by LXC12 on Dec 12, 13 1:55 PM
Me. I have played the minigames a few dozen times and have yet to receive the pens. I get that items don't drop every time, but that is excessive. I'm hoping it's a bug --otherwise it's just tedious and I don't play games to experience tedium and frustration.

[Post New]by hands2calmu on Dec 14, 13 8:49 PM
I can't seem to get any moderators or game admins to take notice of this issue either. Frustrating!

[Post New]by angelfire77 on Dec 15, 13 1:28 PM
I finally got the Exotic Pen after playing the butterfly sanctuary about 25 times. It was a bit much.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Dec 16, 13 4:17 AM
I just today received the Assyrian Scribe on level 18 of Butterfly Sanctuary after playing 22 times. This is my theory, taking into consideration the fact that I do actually just suck at this particular game:

It appears to me that speed is a primary factor in winning the prize; however you are doomed from the get go because the stupid instructions are on the screen for too long (time it - they are on the screen longer than any other level in that game, at least for me) so it's extremely difficult to get the first pair in the allotted time.

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Dec 16, 13 6:23 AM
I also noticed it took forever even once I got use to what I was doing I did them fast and still nothing. It's a major pain in the backside. Takes us forever to get enough to play the games once never the less 20 times. I o have to say though that if you unlock all the rest of the games first then play them normally you get your item quicker. However its still took me about 18 games to get the pen. Its a shame to because we don't get enough experience and coins to make it worth playing it that many times.

texasmemaw
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by texasmemaw on Jan 10, 14 1:11 PM
cissyr1768 wrote:I also noticed it took forever even once I got use to what I was doing I did them fast and still nothing. It's a major pain in the backside. Takes us forever to get enough to play the games once never the less 20 times. I o have to say though that if you unlock all the rest of the games first then play them normally you get your item quicker. However its still took me about 18 games to get the pen. Its a shame to because we don't get enough experience and coins to make it worth playing it that many times.

So, when you say unlock all the games first, do you just mean in the butterfly sanctuary? I have also played almost to the master level on this one and have yet to receive the Assyrian Scribe. I agree the banner stays up there so long it makes it difficult to catch the first match quickly. The banner stays up way too long on all the minigames, though.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jan 10, 14 5:23 PM
There are certainly some rarer items that don't appear so often and then mostly at the higher levels - you have to really work for them. But this is part of the game and you just have be persistent. I got this particular pen a few times at the professional level.
I have not found that speed is actually so crucial for getting items - they don't necessarily appear on the first round anyway.

[Post New]by Scoutmander on Jan 10, 14 7:58 PM
Having the same issue. I have played both the butterfly and the stamps mini game more than 25 times and nothing. I have all mini games unlocked in these 2 locations and am at master level at most of my cities/places on the map but not all. I'm just ignoring the quest right now because it's making it not fun for me to play like that.

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Jan 11, 14 10:31 AM
I am almost at professional now at both of these and still no pens. LOL, its a waste of time to get what you need to play it for nothing.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Jan 11, 14 12:44 PM
I dont waste my time and resources trying to get these pens anymore. They take way too much for the 5000 coins you get for them. There are many other easier ways to get the 5000 coin. Most of the mini games in Dinhammer Alley give you that many just for playing it once.

icranky2
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by icranky2 on Jan 11, 14 4:21 PM
Wow!! I thought I was the only one having a problem with this quest. I have been in the sanctuary and philip's place so many times. Thought it was just me not finding the matches and differences fast enough.

Sorry all are having issues with this, but glad it's not just me.

msbhavn66
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by msbhavn66 on Jan 12, 14 10:41 AM
OMG me too! I really hate this quest, I am almost tempted to skip it but I'm too stubborn!

LXC12
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by LXC12 on Jan 12, 14 11:57 AM
LOL! I skipped this quest and bought the 2 items I couldn't get -- the whole thing cost me 30 gold, I think! I found it to be worth it at the time. Now that I'm much further along in the game and have tons of resources built up, I'm trying it again. Happy to announce that I have FINALLY received the Assyrian Scribe! It seems you have to hit Professional Level before the mini-game will even THINK about dropping the item Cuneiform marker is next...

Go to: