Shugabush Island

gmwilcox
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Shugabush Island

[Post New]by gmwilcox on Dec 12, 13 4:05 AM
The android version on my Samsung tablet has a new island (Shugabush) and you can purchase the Yool monster as well. When is the BF version going to get up to speed? Any ideas, folks, or can a moderator help out?

Frogger1345
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Shugabush Island

[Post New]by Frogger1345 on Dec 12, 13 5:22 AM
Do you play the PC version too? Time will tell for BF , give them time. I like the PC version a lot better.

gmwilcox
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gmwilcox on Dec 12, 13 7:54 AM
I play both, started with the BF version but got it later on my tablet. By the way, Shugabush Island has Shugabush, Shugabass, Shugaitar, Shugajo, Shugarock, Shugabuzz, Shugabeats, and Shugavox monsters for purchase (700 diamonds) as well as some of the "old" island monsters for a bigger diamond price. Those ones can be transported to the Shugabush Island. The island itself looks like a concert stage with all the trees and rocks sporting speakers! Not sure if they make noise, I have my tablet set to mute for work purposes.
It looks like a really neat concept!
As for versions, I have not found a difference yet except you can zoom in and out on the PC version, I have to use my tablet pen (YEAH!) to move the screen to collect money, food and diamonds. Also, and most obvious, the updates are more timely and the "deals" better than on BF's version.

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Dec 12, 13 12:21 PM
gmwilcox wrote:I play both, started with the BF version but got it later on my tablet. By the way, Shugabush Island has Shugabush, Shugabass, Shugaitar, Shugajo, Shugarock, Shugabuzz, Shugabeats, and Shugavox monsters for purchase (700 diamonds) as well as some of the "old" island monsters for a bigger diamond price. Those ones can be transported to the Shugabush Island. The island itself looks like a concert stage with all the trees and rocks sporting speakers! Not sure if they make noise, I have my tablet set to mute for work purposes.
It looks like a really neat concept!
As for versions, I have not found a difference yet except you can zoom in and out on the PC version, I have to use my tablet pen (YEAH!) to move the screen to collect money, food and diamonds. Also, and most obvious, the updates are more timely and the "deals" better than on BF's version.

I will not be interested in getting Shugabush island until I see some *female* members in the band. Does BBB think that no one wants to see female musicians??? Just how do they think those males got there in the first place? Osmosis? Alien visitation? I'd venture to say that over half of us playing (at least judging by the forums) are women. I'm officially boycotting Shugabush island and if you look real closely once you get yours, you'll see a tiny figure (me) marching around the edges with my protest sign.

Edited on 12/12/2013 at 2:35:33 PM PST

Frogger1345
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Frogger1345 on Dec 12, 13 2:17 PM
I do agree on the female part. I had to look in the monster's buy list and there all look like guys. But you never know after you breed them what their names will be.

Edited on 12/12/2013 at 2:18:03 PM PST

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Dec 12, 13 2:23 PM
Frogger1345 wrote:I do agree on the female part. I had to look in the monster's buy list and there all look like guys. But you never know after you breed them what their names will be.

I'd like to know how two male monsters are gonna breed anything! Unless it'll be explained as an adoption. Or just maybe the laws of nature don't apply to monster islands, eh?

Frogger1345
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Frogger1345 on Dec 13, 13 1:02 AM
I think they could be A s*#%^l (male and females) like some animals in the would. I don't know if they would let me use the right term because of the spelling for it, because of kids.

Edited on 12/13/2013 at 1:03:10 AM PST

Frogger1345
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Frogger1345 on Dec 13, 13 3:21 AM
Yes, I do agree that they look like leper-con's in Irish folk tales. I have some Irish but not mush, In the USA.

gmwilcox
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gmwilcox on Dec 13, 13 3:44 AM
"I will not be interested in getting Shugabush island until I see some *female* members in the band. Does BBB think that no one wants to see female musicians???"

Kristian Bush is the name of the guy who sent out a tweet and was contacted by the game developers to see if he was interested in helping out. He's in the duo Sugarbush and thought the first character looked like him playing his instrument. As far as female members goes there really should be two females in the line up, as there were two females in the band itself. Jennifer Nettles and (not recently) Kristen Hall. Why BBB did not include them is beyond me. Perhaps they did not want to be involved in a game. By the way they are a country band from Georgia, USA and don't have much to do with Irish music at all.
http://www.kristianbush.com/news/166583?h=55968641&p=8&d=prev
http://kristianbush.com/

Edited on 12/13/2013 at 3:45:55 AM PST

Frogger1345
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Frogger1345 on Dec 13, 13 5:31 AM
I have not listen to County music in age's So I don't know these new bands.

pianogrinder
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by pianogrinder on Dec 13, 13 6:10 AM
My sister listens to country music. She's the one that got me partially hooked on it. I know of a few bands, but not many, My style of music that I write and listen to is progressive rock. So I don't mind country, in small doses that is.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Dec 13, 13 10:13 AM
I cannot WAIT for Shugabush Island to come to the PC! AWESOME!

wrenbird
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by wrenbird on Dec 13, 13 10:36 AM
FishyFemale wrote:

I will not be interested in getting Shugabush island until I see some *female* members in the band. Does BBB think that no one wants to see female musicians??? Just how do they think those males got there in the first place? Osmosis? Alien visitation? I'd venture to say that over half of us playing (at least judging by the forums) are women. I'm officially boycotting Shugabush island and if you look real closely once you get yours, you'll see a tiny figure (me) marching around the edges with my protest sign.

OMG! LMAO when I read this post. I can't wait to see you marching with your protest sign. Too funny!

tazruby2000
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Dec 13, 13 11:43 AM
I have a couple of questions about the island. Do you get to buy a diamond mini-mine? Is there ovens on the island? How about cost to upgrades to the castle? Thanks to any who can answer this.

gmwilcox
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by gmwilcox on Dec 13, 13 12:23 PM
tazruby2000 wrote:I have a couple of questions about the island. Do you get to buy a diamond mini-mine? Is there ovens on the island? How about cost to upgrades to the castle? Thanks to any who can answer this.

You can get a breeding structure, all the ovens, the mine, the unity tree, storage shed, hotel and wishing torch. The first castle upgrade is 50,oo in gold (not bad actually!) The basic castle has only 4 beds so you have to upgrade quickly if you want more of the monsters to be placed.

tazruby2000
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by tazruby2000 on Dec 13, 13 2:39 PM
gmwilcox wrote:
tazruby2000 wrote:I have a couple of questions about the island. Do you get to buy a diamond mini-mine? Is there ovens on the island? How about cost to upgrades to the castle? Thanks to any who can answer this.

You can get a breeding structure, all the ovens, the mine, the unity tree, storage shed, hotel and wishing torch. The first castle upgrade is 50,oo in gold (not bad actually!) The basic castle has only 4 beds so you have to upgrade quickly if you want more of the monsters to be placed.
Thanks, i am glad that we will get more ovens get even more baking done. And also more diamonds so i can buy a Shugabush since i haven't any luck getting him.

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Dec 13, 13 7:03 PM
wrenbird wrote:
FishyFemale wrote:

OMG! LMAO when I read this post. I can't wait to see you marching with your protest sign. Too funny!

I've already gotten some boring messages from players on the other platforms saying I'm being very annoying when I march around their islands. Some even accuse me of crisscrossing between their monsters but I haven't. That much. hehe

choren
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by choren on Dec 15, 13 10:50 AM
Frogger1345 wrote:I do agree on the female part. I had to look in the monster's buy list and there all look like guys. But you never know after you breed them what their names will be.

You mean, like" Belinda the bearded lady"? I did get a Riff named Sibyla, so I understand your point. but in the pics on the wiki, they all have different hats--and even different beards!--but they are plainly all guys. Will we be breeding the males together??? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I agree with Fishy. We need some double-X chromosomes in the mix here.

Edited on 12/15/2013 at 10:53:34 AM PST

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Dec 15, 13 3:50 PM
choren wrote:
You mean, like" Belinda the bearded lady"? I did get a Riff named Sibyla, so I understand your point. but in the pics on the wiki, they all have different hats--and even different beards!--but they are plainly all guys. Will we be breeding the males together??? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I agree with Fishy. We need some double-X chromosomes in the mix here.

Choren, I was thinking of the bearded lady when I first posted but wasn't going to say anything...until you said it first. So in reference to choren's "belinda the bearded lady" comment...unless one of the band members is a retired carny from the local "freak show" carnival, they are all distinctively male. I think they definitely need a soprano voice in there.

try3cats
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
417 Posts

[Post New]by try3cats on Dec 15, 13 11:56 PM

Castle upgrade cost: 50,000 / 100,000 / 250,000 / 500,000 / 30 diamonds and 9 to speed it up.

Go to: