rybo510
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

This is not BF error.

[Post New]by rybo510 on Dec 12, 13 3:40 PM
Just want to remind everyone that BF is not responsible for any of the update issues etc. They are simply the "middle man". They are simply the games distributor and not the creator.

This is not BF error.

[Post New]by tenggareesje on Dec 12, 13 3:59 PM
rybo510 wrote:Just want to remind everyone that BF is not responsible for any of the update issues etc. They are simply the "middle man". They are simply the games distributor and not the creator.

Thanks for the great reminder....

If I buy for example a TV at a mall, and it's broken or not satisfying. I will go to the mall and ask for a refund or whatsoever. I'm not saying I can't blame the mall because they're not the creator, they're the middleman: I can only blame the manufacturer??? The mall SELLS this TV and has to take responsibility when things go wrong.

Is it just me or the country I live in? This is the way things work in Holland, don't know where you coming from (literally and figuratively).

Edited on 12/12/2013 at 5:12:36 PM PST

rybo510
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

Re:This is not BF error.

[Post New]by rybo510 on Dec 12, 13 4:18 PM
Completely different. if you buy a tv at a mall and it is broken due to a cracked screen or something similar that is one thing. BUT if the tv was not MADE correctly I would certainly hope you would not blame the mall since they didn't build it. If you want to waste your energy on being upset with BF that's on you.

[Post New]by tenggareesje on Dec 12, 13 5:09 PM
rybo510 wrote:Completely different. if you buy a tv at a mall and it is broken due to a cracked screen or something similar that is one thing. BUT if the tv was not MADE correctly I would certainly hope you would not blame the mall since they didn't build it. If you want to waste your energy on being upset with BF that's on you.

I wouldn't blame the mall for manufacturing a broken TV, I just hold them responsible for selling a faulty product and expect them to fix my problem. That's a consumer protection law in my country.

Of course I wouldn't make a scene in the mall, but they HAVE to give me a decent TV in return. I don't have to contact the manufacturer or send my TV to them by myself. But then again, maybe it's a social/cultural difference between our countries.

I could waste my energy on bashing Boomzap on their forum, got a link?.....
That's exactly my point, they don't communicate directly with their consumers.
Most (small) gamedevelopers have publishers, who have to act as a middleman, so they are reasonable for the communication with their consumers.
They simply have to take all the heat from dissatisfied gamers like me

I'll edit my last sentence that wasn't nice, soz, it's not fair to express my frustrations on you. I'll waste my energy continueing to play this game, I got some mac & cheese left

Edited on 12/12/2013 at 5:15:28 PM PST

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Dec 13, 13 2:45 AM
rybo510 wrote:
I could waste my energy on bashing Boomzap on their forum, got a link?.....
That's exactly my point, they don't communicate directly with their consumers.

I was just about to start a new thread on this exact point. I have been here since very near the release and have not made a single negative post, however at this point I am honestly PO'd and am hereby giving my official rant, (which I realize is dumb because I can choose not to play the game, but I didn't have the info I do now when I started the game, but I digress)…

The issue is this: the developers need to be giving us direct, regular updates. It's stupid we have to use a forum of other, (very nice), players to figure out if our game is working correctly on a daily basis.

They need to either come right out and state they designed the game to have infuriatingly unattainable goals OR that they are aware of specific issues and are currently working on X,Y & Z, and they likely won’t get to problems D,F or G until sometime in March. If they’re afraid I won’t come back in March because my issue is one of those glitches, the way they are going about it all but ensures I won’t stick around until March to see if it gets fixed.

They make a holiday release that’s been out for three days and the only thing you can do is Master the two new levels and earn enough Mandarin Teapots for every home in China?? Really?

I didn't get enough sleep last night and I haven’t had near enough coffee this morning but my real frustration is in not getting my daily fix of a game I really enjoyed, told a gazillion people they should play, stood by through the initial phases, and disappointingly believed would actually get better.

As a clinical therapist, this is what we would call a dysfunctional and unhealthy relationship. We need a mediator like Big Fish to serve as our marriage counselor and tell us the truth so all of us tired little fishies can decide if we need just need a short term separation or divorce papers. /rant
(Man that felt good

[Post New]by Racegirl1985 on Dec 13, 13 2:49 AM
But with a TV, they can replace it instandly or fix it for you for free since you get a guarantee for minimum a year for that, I believe that is how you say it in english correct me if I'm wrong. BFG can't do that, they can only give the information to in this case Boomzap and then need to wait themself for information/update. Also if you use facebook you can communicate with Boomzap through that.

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Dec 13, 13 3:04 AM
JB4510, this may sum it up nicely:

"A relationship, I think, is like a shark. It has to constantly move forward or it dies. And I think what we got on our hands is a dead shark." (from the movie Annie Hall)

My relationship with this game has gone dead cuz it sure as heck isn't moving anywhere, let alone forward...

For the other posters -- this is both BF and BoomZap's issue, because BF should have made sure that the holiday update only got released when everything was ready to go, and BoomZap should have told BF what date the Christmas event starts so that BF could tell us. BF has updated the download page for this game with information that is essentially false advertising. There are no new holiday quests and you can't adopt the new pet.

[Post New]by tenggareesje on Dec 13, 13 5:02 AM
Racegirl1985 wrote:But with a TV, they can replace it instandly or fix it for you for free since you get a guarantee for minimum a year for that, I believe that is how you say it in english correct me if I'm wrong. BFG can't do that, they can only give the information to in this case Boomzap and then need to wait themself for information/update. Also if you use facebook you can communicate with Boomzap through that.

BFG as a publisher, is getting paid for a game Boomzap developed.
In return they take care of the distribution, promotion, maintain this forum and contact with the gamers etc. etc. BFG has their name attached to this game, so I do hold them responsible for this buggy game. Same as my example with the manufacturer and the mall who sells their TV's.

BTW, who says BFG can't be blamed at all for these technical issues?
Maybe the Big Fish Game App is causing some trouble when implementing new updates? I also think it's bad, they can't acces our accounts to fix problems on the fly (like correcting achievements). I know it's hard, since this game is locally installed on your computer but still has similarities to a MMO with their online auction house and events.

Ofc I checked Boomzap's Facebook, but you can't discuss technical issues or contact a Support Team, FB is not a forum with moderators...Do I really have to explain this?

I can imagine the folks at BFG aren't satisfied either, with all these issues concerning this game. They probably think twice before publishing another IP, developed by Boomzap.

@PTBT clear story idd!
@JB4510 I feel ya, it's like smoking that cigarette after a nice dinner (if smoking wasn't so unhealthy) xDD

Edited on 12/13/2013 at 5:06:00 AM PST

[Post New]by mellowtraumatic on Dec 13, 13 6:10 AM

Ofc I checked Boomzap's Facebook, but you can't discuss technical issues or contact a Support Team, FB is not a forum with moderators...Do I really have to explain this?

Sure, you can. You can post tech issues on there and they are actually pretty good about responding and following up on them. At least that's been my experience with them the few times I've done it.

[Post New]by tenggareesje on Dec 13, 13 2:59 PM
mellowtraumatic wrote:

Sure, you can. You can post tech issues on there and they are actually pretty good about responding and following up on them. At least that's been my experience with them the few times I've done it.

Ok, I'll take your word for it
Maybe I'm too old (fashioned) to use FB instead of a forum.
I just disagree with Rybo501 that we can't blame BFG at all.

Boomzap
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Boomzap on Dec 13, 13 6:40 PM
Hi there - This is Chris from Boomzap. I'd like to stop by and clarify a couple things:

First of all, this is a Boomzap developed game, and we take 100% of the responsibility for any issues in the game, We built it, and if you're unhappy with it, you're unhappy with us. And we desperately want to fix that.

That being said, we are letting Big Fish handle the customer support because they are the publishers, and have a much larger and more capable QA and customer service department than ours. But every bug report and service ticket reported to BFG comes to us for our attention. So don't fear - even if you're not able to contact us directly through our site, we're still hearing you when you report an issue to BFG customer service. So please, continue doing that - it's the best way for us to find and resolve any issues you might have.

Second of all, the issue you are having with not having new quests, etc is that the Christmas "event" has not actually started yet -[Removed by Moderator]The version you are playing is a "softlaunch" - designed to let the players update their game early, before the event start. When the actual event starts, all of you who have the update will suddenly find the new content (new quests, new pet, etc.) available. And trust me... Mr. Wobbleton is cute.

That being said - I agree, this was communicated poorly - and we'll be looking at a better way to do that in the future, so that people are not expecting things to work when they are not turned on yet. We're talking to BFG now about how to better improve this.

Again - let me thank all of you for taking the time to play Boomzap games, and assure you that there are a lot of people trying their best to improve this game - some of whom haven't really slept since September. They are hearing you, and doing everything they can.

Edited on 12/16/2013 at 8:39:44 AM PST

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Dec 14, 13 1:34 AM
Boomzap wrote:Hi there - This is Chris from Boomzap. I'd like to stop by and clarify a couple things: .... the Christmas "event" has not actually started yet - I believe it is set up to start on the 16th, but I could be mistaken - that is based on BFG's release schedule. The version you are playing is a "softlaunch" - designed to let the players update their game early, before the event start. When the actual event starts, all of you who have the update will suddenly find the new content (new quests, new pet, etc.) available. And trust me... Mr. Wobbleton is cute....

Thank you. That is all I could ask for in a response and is exactly the type of information that alleviates my frustrations with the game at present. I appreciate the work the Boomzap team is doing, but moreover I sincerely appreciate your having taken the time to come here to speak directly to us.

Again, thank you very much.

[Post New]by tenggareesje on Dec 14, 13 9:37 AM
Boomzap wrote:Hi there - This is Chris from Boomzap. I'd like to stop by and clarify a couple things:

Presuming you are Chris N. and not some troll:

JB4510 basically already said what I wanted to say.
The frustration got worse, cause I thought we we're not taking seriously at all. So much easier to be patient after one simple post, thanks!

offtopic: Great to found out Boomzap is located in Singapore...satu kali lagi, trim kasih!

cissyr1768
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by cissyr1768 on Dec 14, 13 4:32 PM
Boomzap wrote:Hi there - This is Chris from Boomzap. I'd like to stop by and clarify a couple things:

First of all, this is a Boomzap developed game, and we take 100% of the responsibility for any issues in the game, We built it, and if you're unhappy with it, you're unhappy with us. And we desperately want to fix that.

That being said, we are letting Big Fish handle the customer support because they are the publishers, and have a much larger and more capable QA and customer service department than ours. But every bug report and service ticket reported to BFG comes to us for our attention. So don't fear - even if you're not able to contact us directly through our site, we're still hearing you when you report an issue to BFG customer service. So please, continue doing that - it's the best way for us to find and resolve any issues you might have.

Second of all, the issue you are having with not having new quests, etc is that the Christmas "event" has not actually started yet - I believe it is set up to start on the 16th, but I could be mistaken - that is based on BFG's release schedule. The version you are playing is a "softlaunch" - designed to let the players update their game early, before the event start. When the actual event starts, all of you who have the update will suddenly find the new content (new quests, new pet, etc.) available. And trust me... Mr. Wobbleton is cute.

That being said - I agree, this was communicated poorly - and we'll be looking at a better way to do that in the future, so that people are not expecting things to work when they are not turned on yet. We're talking to BFG now about how to better improve this.

Again - let me thank all of you for taking the time to play Boomzap games, and assure you that there are a lot of people trying their best to improve this game - some of whom haven't really slept since September. They are hearing you, and doing everything they can.

Thanks for the update, and is great knowing someone is working on it. I have to wonder though if the folks creating it actually have ever played it or even know what they are talking about sometimes. People do not make bread with a rolling pin??? I bake bread all the time by hand and I have never in 30+ years used a rolling pin. Then you have dudes yes dudes asking for high heel shoes. Now that just cracks me up. The one about asking for a garden rake to rake up leaves also makes me laugh, How many folks use a hand rake to rake up leaves???

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,659 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Dec 14, 13 11:32 PM
Thank you Chris, for answering some of our questions. We are all (impatiently) awaiting Monday and I for one am getting Mr. Wobbleton ASAP - he IS cute!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

This is not BF error.

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 15, 13 1:53 AM
rybo510 wrote:Just want to remind everyone that BF is not responsible for any of the update issues etc. They are simply the "middle man". They are simply the games distributor and not the creator.

I never understand why some people always hold BF responsible for the problems of a game that another developer has made. It's like holding the shop where you bought a game responsible for not working properly on your computer.

Alas, too many gamers rush in where angels fear to treat. LOL

Go to: