Sleepers/Neighbors

[Post New]by ttaravision on Dec 13, 13 3:24 PM
Today, sadly, I cut my sleepers. I had 33. I needed to reduce my number of neighbors. I may still reduce some. I'm sorry if you are one that gets cut. I don't want to do it but the number is just too high and I feel badly if I can't gift everyone what they want or need. I try to give all items, but run short. I will see how I do after this first cut and see if I can handle the number of neighbors I have now.

Thanks,
Tara

Re:Sleepers/Neighbors

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Dec 13, 13 9:07 PM
i know the feeling hon.. it is a blessing to cut down but that feeling of guilt creeps up... but sleepers are a hard thing to decide what to do with.. you want to keep just in case, but at same time, you KNOW there are others that are still trying hard to get a neighbor that actually plays and you don't have room for them. i too will be going thru my list soon, le sigh and sniffles..

lsmalplz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by lsmalplz on Dec 14, 13 1:04 PM
Same here, I just try to tell myself that if they don't have the time to play regularly, others do and they need help right now. The sleepers can call again when and if they come back.

[Post New]by ttaravision on Dec 14, 13 2:48 PM
Thanks for the support. I was feeling really guilty about dropping some of them. I like to try and help people along as everyone was helping me along. But people were sleeping for almost a month, so I figured they aren't playing anymore. And if they want me back as a neighbor they can PM me. I won't turn new people away, it isn't their fault I'm loaded with neighbors. It isn't fair to new players. I have a bunch of low-level players that gift everyday. I don't mind gifting, but sometimes I have to be creative about it because of running out of freebies.

kiki5621
Minnow
Minnow
242 Posts

[Post New]by kiki5621 on Dec 14, 13 5:57 PM
Ttaravision;

You are a great neighbor and I appreciate all your generosity. I am still at a low level, but still gift everyday and try to send items that are not free if I have extra.

I know how you feel about sleepers. I try to wake them up, but usually they are not online and it doesn't work.

Thank you for being a great neighbor.

GypsyQueen1
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by GypsyQueen1 on Dec 14, 13 6:11 PM
I have several sleepers at the very low end but they wake up everyday and I have a few that only sleep for 2 to 3 days and then they are awake. I don't gift the ones that don't wake up. I also don't gift the neighbors who don't use their wish list because I feel they don't need anything or it would be in the list. I go thru my entire neighborhood once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I have stopped keeping track of who gifts and who doesn't, 99% of the time my requests are met twice over. And I've stopped keeping track of who I gift so some neighbors will receive 2 gifts everyday. I just go thru and if I can fill the request I do, if I can't I don't. I keep 2 of what I've found in my searches and give away the rest. It seems to be working, at least I hope everybody is okay with what they get gifted, if not I hope they will let me know and I will do my best to accommodate. Blessings and Happy Holidays!!

lsmalplz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by lsmalplz on Dec 14, 13 7:27 PM
tt, GQ and Burnett - you are all great neighbors and I'm sure if the sleepers knew you at all, they know you wouldn't delete them without giving them a chance to return now or later.

kiki, I don't know you, but you sound like a caring and good neighbor. If you like, look me up, I'm always looking for more good neighbors. 33BeGf

thurber
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
482 Posts

[Post New]by thurber on Dec 29, 13 1:31 AM
So educate me, fishes. When I see one of my neighbors is sleeping what does that really mean? Does it mean they are out of the game or just offline for a time? I assume the game is not limited to the US so people in different time zones everywhere may not be online when I am. I work so I am offline during the week except evenings and several times during the days I'm home. So do neighbors think I'm a flake? I guess they could tell I'm around because I gift every day. Am I in danger of being un-neighbored because they cannot visit me? Then there are folks who have been sleeping for weeks and they have not posted that they are leaving the game. Is it fair to delete them?

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Dec 29, 13 9:56 AM
I had the same problem. Sleeping for days and there wishlist never changed so I made the choice to delete them. Sorry but I want people who want to play. So I started looking for new neighbors. Any one who really wants to play add me ssH3rh. Happy hunting.

Go to: