TGT Lost in the City

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

TGT Lost in the City

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 14, 09 12:21 AM
It's here! This may be the first game I have downloaded and found my time was out - LOL! I played it during the Beta so I just bought it. I loved the Beta and am now off to play some more!

I will learn to type, I will learn to type...

Edited on 03/14/2009 at 12:22:33 AM PST

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

Re:TGT Lost in the City

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Mar 14, 09 12:32 AM
Does anybody know how many chapters are in this game?

Edited on 03/14/2009 at 12:33:02 AM PST

EdnaMoles
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EdnaMoles on Mar 14, 09 12:41 AM
Just downloaded, played for a while and I really like it, will be getting this one. Goodnight everyone happy gaming

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Mar 14, 09 1:19 AM
DonnyDJ wrote:Does anybody know how many chapters are in this game?

There are 40 chapters in the game. Have Fun

Margie B

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Mar 14, 09 1:27 AM
40? WOW!!! I was worried because I'd gotten to 16 that there might not be much left to do! Thanks Margie.

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on Mar 14, 09 1:38 AM
OMG 40 chapters, yippeeeeeeee thanks margie

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Mar 14, 09 1:42 AM
loving it so far... but stuck on the laptop password (hint is 'o, i, n, s, e' ??? ) - I'll figure it out, but i don't like the ticking countdown for these puzzles, even if it is just $ to unlock/buy Secrets from the menu.

Doh! Figured it out moments after posting.

Edited on 03/14/2009 at 1:45:17 AM PST

shuttlegrannyjo
Catfish
Catfish
1,575 Posts

[Post New]by shuttlegrannyjo on Mar 14, 09 1:47 AM
40 chapters?!....aww, man! I want to play it soooo bad!

LOL @ Elkestra. Isn't that usually the way it works?

Edited on 03/14/2009 at 1:49:38 AM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 14, 09 1:52 AM
<---- Poodle say double cool!

Though have *some* trepidation some quick click thing will come up later and mess me up I am LOVING this game! No cutesy, no pretty, no Egypt, Amazon, Incas... Loving the art style of it, love the play structure, so different, and while some things are rather spelled out others required some reasoning without any help. LOVE IT! Came out of the game just now to add my $.02 here and buy and was amazed a whole half hour of the demo was gone, felt like 10 minutes and that's a very good sign. I am intrigued and compelled to continue, another good sign.

Unique, stylish, interesting, compelling, tight goodness. TOTAL Poodle Approval! (well, for 1st half-hour anyway). Off to burn the midnight oil and keep playing.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 14, 09 1:56 AM
I had a problem figuring out the password for the email early on in the game. I pressed SOS and it solved it for me! Great game! Thanks for the info on the chapters!

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Mar 14, 09 2:30 AM
Well, I got a fair way further on before hitting my next bump in the road - figuring out where to use the planks (in the room you fall through into)....

I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually

OK, used the SOS button, and it showed me a place I'd already tried (and given up on because I was getting bad clicks) ... sometimes these games are rediculously unforgiving about getting the click exactly right.

Edited on 03/14/2009 at 2:33:34 AM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 14, 09 2:35 AM
What I find is that if I've got a tool activated then when I click to pick something up, I get an x. Have to get rid of the tool first, then the clicking works. Also, am I being incredibly daft? I keep getting confused between April and Ann!

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Mar 14, 09 2:42 AM
Agree with the clicking problem and get stressed re losing points! Thanks for your input Poodle - bought it but do find being led around by the nose a little much but extremely relaxing!

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Mar 14, 09 2:56 AM
Ooooo

Just as I thought I'd escaped, and it was the end of the game.... more story !!!

I like this game

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Mar 14, 09 3:00 AM
Graphics gritty and spare, music moody and minimalist, all proving less can certainly be more. Game play interesting, all in all a GREAT game.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Mar 14, 09 3:02 AM
Just an aside here. Does anyone know what the "naughty words" are in the pond? I tried to start my last post here with a sound effect of excitement that this site would NOT let me post. It wasn't even remotely profane. I'm confused.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 14, 09 3:05 AM
So another hour in and halfway, so if there's 40 chapters, for me if it stays consistent that would mean a 3 hour game, but I have NO objection to that if it's this good. I will admit I hit the SOS for the 'o, i, n, s, e' and now looking at it I think I know what I should have used. Maaan, I shouldn't have given in. Ah, well.

Anyway, still loving it. Super quality imo. Off to make a snack then back to the nightmarish wanderings of our poor hero.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Mar 14, 09 3:06 AM
Did it start with the letters aitch o? Sometimes we have trouble with that lol.

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Mar 14, 09 3:07 AM
So glad you are enjoying so much Poodle!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 14, 09 3:08 AM
kishimojun wrote:Just an aside here. Does anyone know what the "naughty words" are in the pond? I tried to start my last post here with a sound effect of excitement that this site would NOT let me post. It wasn't even remotely profane. I'm confused.

If the word was h.o.o.ray (what I could come up with given your description) the filters are whacked and for some reason filter h and o when together, but just sometimes...? They know about this glitch but don't seem to be able to fix it.

Go to: