Annabel ...., Dracula Origin...., and recent games.....

[Post New]by vivakate on Mar 14, 09 6:01 AM
Took a quick look at Annabel ad and bought it. This has been my style with Big Fish games because I have experienced the multitude of high quality, smooth running, great graphics, story lines, of the majority of their games over the last two years or more. GOOD GRIEF !!! What has happened to now becoming a bunch of glitch games that don't run right, take forever to progress (have watched that Dracula man stand around in a room and do nothing but brush lint from his jacket sleeve for hours at a time while I struggle with every effort that I can think to make the game just simply react to "something". It has been the same with Annabel.....have spent a full night getting her out of that pyramid, and worse, now she won't do anything but go around in circles. these types of game problems are becoming very frustrating and I become more and more put out with the site itself quite often. Are the games not checked out for their quality and player enjoyment by the programmers? the gamefish tech staff? or anybody before offering them for sale to your loyal public. I feel that the site itself has dropped in quality, interest, format, and screen presentations....Gees, I can find chatrooms, forums, kiddy park games, party times. groupiesl and all that stuff all over the net.....now they've come in and stifled the best of game quality and presentation of a game selling ever business. Can't you put it back the way it was and give us our monies worth....i resent paying $6.99 even for games that don't work....it's a mess now and that kinda hurts a bit. I've loved BigFishGames...It was a great place to buy the best games for the best prices....plain and simple as well as a beautifully presented formatl Now there so much picky little this and that types of "stuff" going on. It is so jumbled that I get lossed in the screens and offers, and changes that I can only calll the whole thing now quite a sloppy site. Makes me feel like losing a good friend.

Re:Annabel ...., Dracula Origin...., and recent games.....

[Post New]by redrosie011 on Mar 14, 09 7:24 AM
I agree! I have had nothing but trouble with both games. I hate paying for games that keep getting stuck and charaters that keep going in circles. Both games have potential. Hope they fi them and soon.

Rosie

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Mar 14, 09 10:51 AM
I'm sorry to hear you've ahd trouble, vivakate and redrosie. Have you contacted Customer Service about these issues? They will try to troubleshoot the problem with you and, if it can't be fixed, happily provide you with a game coupon to reimburse you for the game.

I had heard people talk about how great customer service was; then recently I myself had to contact them and I can honestly say it's one of the best CS encounters I've had in a very long time.

I hope you don't give up on just yet!

K

lwoodard
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lwoodard on Mar 14, 09 11:05 AM
Sorry you are having trouble... maybe its something with your computer.. I havent had any trouble sience I got a new computer... Call cs.. they are great I love

tix48
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by tix48 on Mar 14, 09 1:03 PM
I was having alot of error violation issues mid way thru the game. I contacted Support they are really great. They told me a lot of people are having issues they contacted the developers and the developers are working on a new build for this game.They gave me a free c oupon and told me to uninstall the game and check back for the new build. Hope this will h elp everyone that are having issues with this game. Its a fun game and I was fine till I got halfway thru.

BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by BossBrat on Mar 14, 09 1:38 PM
I was going to buy this game, but decided to wait and see what others thought about it first and I'm glad I did. I, too, am tired of games that don't work or jerk around the screen, or ones that you spend half the game watching the characters talk to each other - which is what happened with the latest Murder Club game. Half the game was nothing but 'talking' between the characters and the rest was so easy a 2 year old could do it. And, about half the games, or more, are hidden object games and most of them are boring or things are so small you need a magnifying glass just to see them. I have game credits and find nothing worth buying at all. Well, I did buy unwell mel, simply because I wanted to play it away from the game community where people are always trying to hit on you or scam you. I left Real Arcade a long time back to join Big Fish because it was awesome. Don't think that any more. And, customer service? It takes DAYS to get a response, unless you do the online chat.

raystownlady
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by raystownlady on Mar 14, 09 1:43 PM
Hi,
I agree Customer Service will do all they can to help.I played dracula Origin and just loved it.He dusts off his coat if you don't make a move for awhile.Have you tried hitting your space bar?In each scene if you hit the space bar,it will show you the hot spots fo that area.
Make sure you go to each place the footprints show you can walk because it gives you different views with more hot spots.I hope this helps because I loved the game and hated to see it end.

magner675
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by magner675 on Mar 14, 09 1:56 PM
I don't know how everyone else is, but all I had was 1 glich were it knocked me totally out of the game. Restarted the game and found that I was in the same spot and continued on. I loved this game as the hint button on this game gave very good images of were to go and what to pick. The only problem I saw with the game is that you really had to be in the right spot in order for the next task to be preformed. That I found a little trying.
Overall, I say that this game was cute, but I would have liked it to be longer.

[Post New]by karmaqueen15 on Mar 15, 09 4:08 PM
Sorry to hear you had problems. I would definitely contact Customer Service. I have Vista and just finished the entire game without one single glitch. The only times that Annabel did absolutely nothing was when I didn't know what to do, but a hint here and there solved that. Hope you can fix the problem, the game is really nice!!

beadbrain
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by beadbrain on Mar 15, 09 8:04 PM
Have had no problem with Annabel but had huge problems wihtthe new Women's Murder Club game. Won't buy it. Huge time lag once you have clicked and at times the curser does not respond well!

Elkestra
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,825 Posts

[Post New]by Elkestra on Mar 16, 09 1:57 AM
As noted in another thread by one of the BFG'ers, if you are getting Access Violations in Annabel during the dialogue sections, its apparently caused by clicking too quickly through it. They are talking to the developers about getting a fix.

But until then, if you can grit your teeth and bear it, surviving the stilted dialogue without clicking through it should allow you to continue the game.

Edited on 03/16/2009 at 1:58:19 AM PST

samisgram
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by samisgram on Mar 16, 09 5:10 AM
I am still on the demo of Annabel and will probably use a game credit to purchase it. If there's glitches, I'm sure Customer Service will help. I've had a few problems with BF and their CS is the best. My problems have been solved and I usually get a free game credit for my troubles. My biggest gripe is the time it takes to download games. I've seen others complain too. It's not my computer or modem, it's BF's server's problem. But all in all BF is still the best game site around. And, my grandson loved the
Big Fish they sent me.

Enjoy Life..

Toni

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 16, 09 6:40 AM
I'm on Vista and played both games with zero issues. No dragging, freezing, access violations or errors of any kind.

Please note- if you have an older system, things will probably not get better. Time to update and upgrade. The developers are designing games for the newer systems and may not be compatible with yours.

Go to: