orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Post Technical Problems For Alex Hunter: Lord of the Mind here only!

[Post New]by orphaned on Dec 17, 13 1:05 AM
please post any tech issues here ...

Edited on 12/17/2013 at 8:33:49 AM PST

finsbury
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Post Any Technical Problems For Alex Hunter: Lord of the Mind here only

[Post New]by finsbury on Dec 17, 13 2:38 AM
the sound is all load and jumble distorted also the cursor is jumping around

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Dec 17, 13 3:39 AM
I think you meant loud? ;v) Load is what you do with a bullet and a gun! ;v) And doesn't your keyboard have volume buttons?!

Edited on 12/17/2013 at 3:40:29 AM PST

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Dec 17, 13 8:17 AM
dear finsbury:

definitely not right!!!

try reinstalling as internet was acting up last night, big time!!

in meantime, check out help pages - that is if reinstallation ineffective!!!

fingers crossed that this time will be the charm!!!

luckier and better and happier gaming!!!!!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 17, 13 8:32 AM
Hey Everyone,

Thanks for getting the tech thread started orphaned!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Post Technical Problems For Alex Hunter: Lord of the Mind here only!

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 17, 13 9:25 AM
Hey there finsbury,

Great help orphaned! I too suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the game. This will make sure all the files have downloaded correctly and can often repair any files that may have been damages in the original installation process.

If you continure having problems, I suggest that you contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps will be happy to help troubleshoot the issue.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

atmmts
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by atmmts on Dec 17, 13 4:51 PM
Very odd & a 1st for me w/ BFG: completed dl of game and "Trial expired" shows in game mgr. I know that this is not an unusual prob. for some fish w/ other games. Based on positive reviews, I've decided to go ahead and use game credit to purchase w/out trial. My fingers are crossed that I won't regret it.

Edited on 12/17/2013 at 4:51:55 PM PST

flaxin
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by flaxin on Dec 18, 13 6:27 AM
Hello, I'm having a game stopping problem. I'm at the part that I need the control stick, however I already played that hidden object area once and it never let me get it. I restarted my computer, uninstalled and reinstalled the game and I still can't get the control stick to move forward.

Thanks for any info on this.

OS Windows 8

Jewel1111
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Jewel1111 on Dec 18, 13 12:24 PM
Anyone else having problems finding the "photo" in the HO game in Chapter 3? This is the HO with the huge eagle statue and music stand in the left foreground. The hint button keeps encircling the bottom right of the cello plus the child's spin toy, but I have clicked all over that area and found no photo. It is the last thing I need in the HO. "Photo" is in yellow so there has to be another step, but spin toy does not move out of the way nor does the cello. Cello strings make a noise, but nothing else. The walkthrough [found by clicking on footprints in bottom right] show something encircled, but have re-installed the game but no changes. I am sure this will be a d-oh on me type solution, but thus far haven't found it. P.S. I totally love this game besides the fact it is really a CE at SE price! Hopefully I will come up with the solution before someone takes pity on me and explains what to do! Thanks so much!

Jewel1111
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Jewel1111 on Dec 18, 13 12:31 PM
Okay, found the photo. Not even close to where the hint directed me. That would seem to be a glitch IMO. Cheers and Happy Gaming everyone!

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 18, 13 1:29 PM
Heya All,

finsbury I'd recommend turning off the custom cursor for the game. That can often help things run more smoothly. Just click on 'Settings' in the main menu and uncheck 'Custom Cursor.'

atmmts, I hope that game is working well for you! Often when the trial shows up as over before you have the chance to try the game, just an uninstall and reinstall will fix that right up (Just in case this happens again). For more info on that, just click on the blue text below:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

flaxin, I'd recommend running the game as an administrator, to make sure it has all of the permissions it needs to run correctly. To find out about that, just click on the blue text below:

Run Game as Administrator

If these suggestions don't help, the next step would be to contact our Tech Support Team so our Reps can help out!

bfgDeveron

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 19, 13 7:53 PM
Well, I am bummed. I am in the bonus round, just stepped on the elevator and picked up the key. When I click on the map to jump elsewhere, it throws me out. Only message I get is "...stopped running." Went out and back in again and same thing happened. Anyone else having this problem? I really don't want to delete and start all over again.

Avalon2
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Security key?

[Post New]by Avalon2 on Dec 20, 13 8:37 AM
After purchasing and downloading (demo worked fine) and selecting Play Now, received never-before-seen popup window (oooooh, something new):

"This program requires a security key. If you have one select OK to enter it. After entering a valid key you will not be prompted again."
Click OK and am requested to "enter the registration name and key below, exactly as given to you".

What is the registration name and security key? I cannot play this game as it exists now. Could it be my BFG Game Club login and password? Or something else?

Windows 7, 64bit
8GB memory and tons of disk space

History:
Deleted and reinstalled, same popup window again.

Edited on 12/20/2013 at 8:39:19 AM PST

LEOTA26
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by LEOTA26 on Dec 20, 13 11:48 PM
I am having problems with this game and the fog game running right on my laptop. I have windows 8.1 and the help pages are useless as there was not instructions for how to run as administrator for windows 8.1 or windows 8. All of my stuff is up to date I know as I ran a Dr. Felix thing and ya'll didn't tell me to update anything. Can anyone tell me how to run game as admin. for windows 8.1?

Avalon2
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Security key? - Solved. Solution found in Help pages

[Post New]by Avalon2 on Dec 21, 13 3:41 AM
Duh on me :-)

Avalon2 wrote:After purchasing and downloading (demo worked fine) and selecting Play Now, received never-before-seen popup window (oooooh, something new):

"This program requires a security key. If you have one select OK to enter it. After entering a valid key you will not be prompted again."
Click OK and am requested to "enter the registration name and key below, exactly as given to you".

What is the registration name and security key? I cannot play this game as it exists now. Could it be my BFG Game Club login and password? Or something else?

Windows 7, 64bit
8GB memory and tons of disk space

History:
Deleted and reinstalled, same popup window again.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 21, 13 4:01 PM
Hey Everyone,

Avalon2, A security key is usually required when a change has been made to the computer and the Big Fish Games app cannot find the files for the game to play. Just contact our Tech Support Team with the Hardware Fingerprint (It's located right above 'Name' in the error box), and our Reps can generate a new key for you.

Security Key Error

LEOTA26, I apologize that the help article for running as an administrator in windows 8.1 hasn't been updated yet. If you contact our Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report one of our Reps can provide those instructions.

Happy Holidays!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by britpoem4 on Jan 5, 14 10:34 AM
In the sewage section the cursor wavers and is hard to steer. I cannot attach the chain to the hook.

[Post New]by halloweenladie on Feb 16, 14 6:45 PM
I am having the freezing problems as some of the other gamers are. I downloaded it to my lap top and it played with out any problem until I had to go into the sewer. I am able to move the pointer and that is all I am able to do. I can not exit the game unless I restart my lap top. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game more than twice and each time I try to play the game all the way through I keep getting stuck in the sewer and it still freezes. HELP.

[Post New]by LEEAL77 on Mar 3, 14 10:24 AM
I bought the P.E. version of this game so that if I got stuck I would have some help. I have been trying to use the game walkthrough but it is not working. I clicked on the feet ( right bottom corner ) and it brings it up but then it won't let me click/open anything. Will someone Please tell me how to get the walkthrough to work.

pinkwitch12
Lobster
Lobster
98 Posts

[Post New]by pinkwitch12 on Jun 10, 14 4:05 PM
I am also having the problem Flaxin is: I went in to the sub cabin door OK, to where the treasure chest is shown, then it says back out and there will be a HO where the joy stick is given. No joy, stick or otherwise no hidden object and no way to go on. Will the uninstall do the trick here, and reset that HO?

Edited on 06/10/2014 at 4:06:46 PM PST

Go to: