kitty_2009
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Walkthrough is available in-game

[Post New]by kitty_2009 on Dec 17, 13 1:37 AM
At first glance, there is no walkthrough, but then after a little investigating at the bottom of the screen, you will see that on one side of the screen is your journal and your map and on the other side of the screen is the hint button, I guess you might call it a medallion of sorts, and a pair of footprints. If you have beta tested and this was already a part of the game, then you may ignore this, but this is for those who didn't play it any other way except for this version of the game. The footprints are the in-game guide which is actually quite helpful because now I don't have to keep exiting the game to find a walkthrough, find the area that I'm in and then go back into the game, back out, in, out, etc. I think you know where I'm going with this, Standard Edition games could have this feature for some of the harder games. Agreed or disagreed?

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

Re:Walkthrough is available in-game

[Post New]by Althena533 on Dec 17, 13 3:38 AM
I agree wholeheartedly! ;v)

pvaseur
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by pvaseur on Dec 17, 13 3:38 AM
agree

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Dec 17, 13 12:18 PM
Many thanks for the heads up on the walkthrough. We appreciate it "no end"! Keep the posts coming for those of us who need a little nudge in the right direction. (Especially me)

[Post New]by woodspinner on Dec 17, 13 3:15 PM
The in game walkthrough might work for clues to the game. But the only way to determine length of play is using the walkthroughs provided at this site. So this is a no buy because I can't determine how long the game would play for me.

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

[Post New]by orphaned on Dec 17, 13 4:25 PM
woodspinner :

if you read Alex Hunter: Lord of Mind thread - you will see are 8 chapters.

Sforet71 has posted a great deal of information which could help you determine length of play.

Edited on 12/17/2013 at 4:28:27 PM PST

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Walkthrough is available in-game

[Post New]by cjpandie on Dec 30, 13 10:09 AM
kitty_2009 wrote:At first glance, there is no walkthrough, but then after a little investigating at the bottom of the screen, you will see that on one side of the screen is your journal and your map and on the other side of the screen is the hint button, I guess you might call it a medallion of sorts, and a pair of footprints. If you have beta tested and this was already a part of the game, then you may ignore this, but this is for those who didn't play it any other way except for this version of the game. The footprints are the in-game guide which is actually quite helpful because now I don't have to keep exiting the game to find a walkthrough, find the area that I'm in and then go back into the game, back out, in, out, etc. I think you know where I'm going with this, Standard Edition games could have this feature for some of the harder games. Agreed or disagreed?

Kitty_2009], Your suggestion is great however I am in need of help before the walkthough pictures start. I can find no way to go back far enough to find out what to do where I am in the game. There are arrows at the bottom of that page but they don't work for me, so I cannot go back in the walkthrough to closer to the start of the game. And I have found no posts that pertain to the problem I am having. I am in the office and the hint takes me to the mail tube sender. I see the paper near it and can read it, but it doesn't help me. Can anyone give me a clue as to what to do, please. Thanks fishies.

[Post New]by Birdi3 on Jan 21, 14 5:38 PM
Kitty,

Thank you so very much. I was more than 1/2 way thru when I saw your post.

calamari7
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by calamari7 on Jan 26, 14 11:57 AM
...........big smooch for kitty.............tks a bunch

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Feb 3, 14 1:08 PM
I wish I had checked here before I played the game.

I just finished the Secret Room, when I was wondering what the "feet" next to the Hint button were for. Thought they had something to do with exiting the Secret Room.

Can't repeat the words, when I discovered that there was a built-in guide.

A really nice feature to a non-CE game and a wonderful game it was.

zara137
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by zara137 on Feb 8, 14 12:30 PM
I am having same problem as cjpandie. Major help not there until chapter five and I can't go backward. I'm not finding the built-in "walkthrough" very helpful.

jcsgame
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,392 Posts

[Post New]by jcsgame on Feb 10, 14 8:52 AM
Hi zara137 and cjpandle:

SPOILER ALERT---------------------------------------------------

You both say that you are at the Mail Tube and can read the paper.

Ofc.
Do you have the "complete" paper?
You get the "other half" of the Paper in the Library Fireplace Hearth, after you put it together and tape it.

Once you have taped the paper, place the "other half" of the paper on to the 1st half by the Mail Tube, go to the 1st floor.

1st floor.
Click on the Gramophone, place the record - click the handle and get a Butterfly
Take the handle and go back to the Ofc.

Ofc.
Click on the Butterfly collection
Place the Butterfly - play mini-game
You will get find a Safe; it needs keys.
Take the Chalk
Go to the 1st floor and take the Elevator to the Telescope Room.

I do hope this helps get you going.

Edited on 02/10/2014 at 8:53:23 AM PST

momdnarg
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by momdnarg on Apr 9, 14 1:14 PM
thx for tip on walkthrough but i cant find anything on how many skeletons you have to shoot in arcade game befor it will end. the guide just says play game.

momdnarg
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by momdnarg on Apr 9, 14 1:15 PM
thx for tip on walkthrough but i cant find anything on how many skeletons you have to shoot in arcade game befor it will end. the guide just says play game.

demon13
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by demon13 on May 29, 14 4:58 PM
I agree also...I will not buy a SE without one...So i lose alot of free games...

Meandy40
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by Meandy40 on Jul 13, 14 7:43 AM
Thank you so much! While I saw that icon and footprints and have opened it, I didn't realize I could get this much help from it. I totally overlooked the walkthrough part!

Meandy

Go to: