redrose1940
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

Annabel - Kudos - Excellent Game

[Post New]by redrose1940 on Mar 14, 09 8:31 AM
Here for the first time, I saw speaking between characters in the game not just click on screen and read what the dialog is. Speaking parts makes the games so much more enjoyable to play. I like the feel of real people in these HO games, not painted characters. I enjoyed every minute of the game and have no regrets in purchasing it.

Some puzzles took time, but for the most part they were easy. Kudos to Big Fish for purchasing this game for us, Nevosoft for distributing this game and Jet Dog Studios for development of this game. The graphics are outstanding. The art work is excellent. Nevosoft has never disappointed me in their games. I have several by them.

Again a fine selection of HO games by Big Fish.

Thank you,

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

Re:Annabel - Kudos - Excellent Game

[Post New]by hannah57 on Mar 14, 09 8:47 AM
I just had to stop playing because the way the game moves made me feel like I want to throw up. My head is spinning and my stomach is so sick, I need to lie down. Too bad it's like that but I think more players will be feeling the same way, SICK.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Mar 14, 09 8:48 AM
Well Redrose you convinced me to try it

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Mar 14, 09 8:56 AM
I cannot go on roller costers, because of motion sickness. I am enjoying this game, if I only play a bit at a time. Most of the time I play a game all the time, until I have finished. Because of the way Annabel has been made, I can only play for about half an hour at a time. It is one of the best games for a long time.

cece2u45
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by cece2u45 on Mar 14, 09 10:31 AM
I love this game but something is messed up I think at the last puzzle,I get the three matched up and nothing happen's but when they match up on there own they drop,so if anyone else is having this problem,and figures it out PLEASE let me know

[Post New]by LRJORDISON on Mar 14, 09 10:45 AM
I need help where annabel is stuck in the dungeon and she needs a tool in the chest to take nails out of boards after climbing the ladder out a window i cant get the tool to pick up out of the chest I unlocked it, is it a glitch or am i doing something wrong duh, please help. I dont know how many times I hit hint and it points to the boards but i cant do anything and the tool at the top of the screen is showing brown.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Mar 14, 09 11:49 AM
cece2u45 wrote:I love this game but something is messed up I think at the last puzzle,I get the three matched up and nothing happen's but when they match up on there own they drop,so if anyone else is having this problem,and figures it out PLEASE let me know

This was hard for me too. It's not a glitch. It's just that there is a VERY short window of time in which it counts a match. Someone on the forums (can't remember who) suggested anticipating when the top 2 were going to match and having the 3rd row there at that time. That worked for me, but it took a LOT of tries. I found that if the top bar has a color 1 space in front of the same color in the 2nd bar, then you could move that color in the 3rd bar 1 space ahead of same color in top bar, and they would match on the next shift. You can't make all the matches this way, but it might help with some.

bwd4
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by bwd4 on Mar 14, 09 11:58 AM
cece2u45 wrote:I love this game but something is messed up I think at the last puzzle,I get the three matched up and nothing happen's but when they match up on there own they drop,so if anyone else is having this problem,and figures it out PLEASE let me know

I got stuck for awhile on that one also, but the instructions say match 4 you have to line up the colors to match the fourth row at the bottom only took a few trys after that to finish the puzzle.

Edited on 03/14/2009 at 12:00:18 PM PST

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Mar 14, 09 12:12 PM
Not sure yet if I'm going to be able to manage this one since it's sorta out of my expertise but I have to say I love the graphics and sounds, very cool.

KimVJ
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by KimVJ on Mar 14, 09 2:57 PM
I liked the graphics and the way the puzzles were laid out, but I knew by the time the talking mummy popped up, I wasn't going to buy the game. The voice acting was just too bad, the main character blurts out her lines like she's simply reading them, regardless of what is happening in the scene. I would have preferred no voice acting to bad voice acting.

But mostly, having fantastical elements (like talking mummies) simply occur and the main character acting like it was no big deal; as if, since it was ancient Egypt, that stuff happened all the time. It just broke the experience for me. I felt the same way in Mushroom Age when you get to the talking dinosaur that you're supposed to lecture into becoming a vegetarian... I couldn't handle any more after that.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Mar 14, 09 3:03 PM
I agree Redrose- this game is excellent.

The graphics and story are amazing.

I really enjoyed the whole game and was disappointed when it ended as all good things do

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Mar 14, 09 3:41 PM
I agree this game was great and I usually get dizzy with 3D games (hence why I can't play the Large File games) but I didn't get this feeling at all with this game, loved the story line and graphics, the puzzles were relatively simple once you worked out what was required. I had a little bit of difficulty like everyone with the shifting match three game but I got there in the end.

[Post New]by cece227 on Mar 14, 09 4:08 PM
I was every disappointed with the game. The game was so easy, it was over before it started. This game was designed for a seven year old. No challenge! Would not recommend it.

granny754
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by granny754 on Mar 14, 09 4:35 PM
I'm playing the demo now. Could anyone tell me how long this game is? Thanks

JCDRSD
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by JCDRSD on Mar 14, 09 6:51 PM
I didn't care for this game either. I thought the graphics were great but it seemed so simplistic that it didn't present much of a challenge. I gotta say I played the one hour and got bored. I also thought there was too much game time wasted with sensless dialog and really bad voice overs.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Mar 14, 09 7:52 PM
I'm playing the demo now. Could anyone tell me how long this game is? Thanks

I've heard 3 hours, which kinda matches up with my time, but it's pretty subjective. Some people can zip through pretty quickly, others not.

[Post New]by karen18670 on Mar 14, 09 9:51 PM
I love the game. Excellent graphics, beautiful story and fun puzzles that aren't too terribly hard. It really takes you in and keeps your interest. I haven't enjoyed a game this much since Siberia I and II.

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on Mar 14, 09 9:53 PM
Well, excellent graphics EXCEPT for the obese mummy, lol. And blue eyed Egyptians. Okay I am just being picky. I actually really like the game.

[Post New]by schildtdk on Mar 15, 09 3:06 AM
LRJORDISON wrote:I need help where annabel is stuck in the dungeon and she needs a tool in the chest to take nails out of boards after climbing the ladder out a window i cant get the tool to pick up out of the chest I unlocked it, is it a glitch or am i doing something wrong duh, please help. I dont know how many times I hit hint and it points to the boards but i cant do anything and the tool at the top of the screen is showing brown.

Look under the carpet at the frontdoor - there's a key for the locked chest

Regards

Edited on 03/15/2009 at 3:06:37 AM PST

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Mar 15, 09 4:08 AM
I was the one that suggested trying to anticipate where the gems are going to be on the last mini-puzzle. If you pay attention, there is a pattern as to how they move. There is indeed a VERY small window to get them matched up or you will not get credit. When you see that the 2 rows above are going to match up, move your gem so it's ONE space ahead (or behind) where the 2 above are going to be. As SOON as the top rows move, move your bottom gem into position and you will get the match. If possible, try to watch 2 colors because time is a factor! This does take some dexterity! After about 5 tries, I had the pattern down fairly well, but unfortunately my old eyes and hands wouldn't cooperate! I got down to ONE gem several times and ran out of time and had to start over! Just be patient and try not to get frustrated. If I can complete it (short, blond, AND old) then anyone can do it! If you get frustrated, stop playing for a while. I think it finally took me about 10 tries.

The game is VERY linear in design meaning that item "B" will not activate (or be able to be picked up) until you have completed task "A". So, you KNOW you need the saw from the chest but if you can't pick it up, there is something else you have to do first. The game simply will not let you get ahead of yourself! Retrace your steps and see if there is something sparkling that you have missed. Also, in some instances, you need to talk to the same person several times to begin a sequence of events that will allow you to pick up items.

As for the motion sickness, I would hate that anyone would miss this game because of this problem. I too have an issue with motion so my solution was this: I positioned my cursor over the directional arrow and as soon as I clicked, I averted my eyes away from the screen for a few seconds. When I looked back, movement had stopped.

I let all the scenes play completely through, took my time and enjoyed the game, and finished in just about 3 and 1/2 hours (including my 10 tries on the jewel puzzle).

For the BF price of $6.99, it's well worth the credit. I agree that having the characters actually interact and talk was refreshing. The graphics are stunning, the music was good, voice acting not so good but actually funny once you got into it (especially the drunk captain!), and the mini-games were challenging but not brain-bending.

Hope this helps! Good luck! The game is definitely worth playing in my opinion

Edited on 03/15/2009 at 4:15:57 AM PST

Go to: