F_O_A
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

Shugabush Island! and other update changes

[Post New]by F_O_A on Dec 17, 13 5:30 PM
Very excited to see the Shugabush Island is available on the PC!!!

I've teleported a Shugabush there and a Mammott - both had to be level 15 - and they were then removed from my Plant Island (and my Gold Island) and placed in the incubator on Shugabush Island. 35 hours or 35 diamonds to incubate the Shugabush and he reemerged as a level 1 Shuga. The mammott only took 2 minutes to incubate.

The level 15 monsters that can be teleported to Shugabush Island are:

Potbelly
Mammott
Shugabush (of course)
Furcorn
Quibble
Oaktopus
PomPom
Deege

They must incubate for the same amount of time as they did on their home island and then emerge as level 1 monsters.

Other update changes I've noticed:
There is a friends button on Shugabush Island that opens a dialog box with the option to invite friends, but when I click on the invite friends button nothing happens . This "friends' button seems to be the only way to visit random or top islands from Shugabush Island. When I select visit top Islands from there it takes me to yet another dialog box with a scroll-able list of the top islands that doesn't seem to actually scroll.... Great idea - poor execution

Torches no longer have bubbles above them when I visit random or top islands

When I visit top islands from my 'normal' islands it takes me to #1 as usual, but when I press the 'go home' button it then takes me to this scroll-able dialog box of top islands that also doesn't scroll.

Wubbox is available on Air Island - wonder what he sounds like there?...

The timer is BACK on the mini-mine - Yay!

Those are the things I've noticed so far - besides the Yool of course!!

I don't seem to be having any sound issues or clicking issues - but I didn't before either.

Overall - Thanks for the update BFG! I love Shugabush Island!!

Thanks BBB for this creative and ever evolving game!

Edited on 12/17/2013 at 6:44:12 PM PST

Disbeliever
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Re:Shugabush Island! and other update changes

[Post New]by Disbeliever on Dec 17, 13 6:50 PM
OK, I think it's great that we get another island, with a new family. However, I think it totally sucks that we have to transport our level 15 monsters to that island, losing them on both their home island and gold island, only to have them end up in the nursery on Shugabush Island like the ethereal monsters did. The real kicker is that unlike the super-special ethereal monsters that transport to Ethereal Island, the monsters going to this island end up in the nursery for the full length of time that they did on their regular island. At least with the ethereal monsters, even though they spent at least 35 hours in the nursery the first time, they only had to spend 10 hours in there when they transported to Ethereal Island. The wait time will be less for the lower monsters, but much more for Deedge and Shugabush.

It also sucks that we will blow through food like crazy doing this, just like we did when trying to activate Wubbox on Gold Island. I wouldn't doubt it if we have the same lousy odds of successfully breeding a desired monster on Shugabush Island as we have with any Ethereal monsters, as well as Shugabush and Punkleton.

Also, from what someone posted in another thread, it will cost 700 diamonds to buy the monsters on Shugabush Island even though some of these monsters can be bought for 30 diamonds on their home islands. Talk about price gouging! I mean, really, paying 700 diamonds for a Mammott? Come on now. That's just plain crazy. I was excited about the new island, but now, not so much.

I don't understand why it's not like the Ethereal Island, where ethereal monsters breed other ethereal monsters. They could have introduced a new shugafam monster and let them breed. Of course, with the odds of successfully breeding one being what they are, it would take forever to populate that island. We have a better chance of winning in Vegas than breeding these "special' monsters.

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Dec 17, 13 6:58 PM
Disbeliever wrote:
I don't understand why it's not like the Ethereal Island, where ethereal monsters breed other ethereal monsters. They could have introduced a new shugafam monster and let them breed. Of course, with the odds of successfully breeding one being what they are, it would take forever to populate that island. We have a better chance of winning in Vegas than breeding these "special' monsters.

I'm guessing it's BBB's way of purposely stretching out the game until they come up with new ideas for future monsters/islands. So long as we're taking the bait, they can take however long they want. Even if a sizable portion drops out from playing at any given time, there'll always be more joining. And that's just how the business side of gaming works.

Kay1212
Herring
Herring
384 Posts

[Post New]by Kay1212 on Dec 17, 13 7:13 PM
FishyFemale wrote:
Disbeliever wrote:

I'm guessing it's BBB's way of purposely stretching out the game until they come up with new ideas for future monsters/islands. So long as we're taking the bait, they can take however long they want. Even if a sizable portion drops out from playing at any given time, there'll always be more joining. And that's just how the business side of gaming works.

Or more importantly how they want it to work....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ buy them babies! LOL

moncilla
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by moncilla on Dec 17, 13 8:24 PM
Yeah, first we got a monster eating monster, now we got a monster eating monster island... My original islands are getting close to a sorry state... BUT! We got a lot to do, again...

F_O_A
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by F_O_A on Dec 17, 13 8:26 PM
I don't mind the waiting - it keeps the game from getting too easy, tired and boring.... I like that they constantly introduce new ideas and make you work a little harder for each one. I still have no monsters on Ethereal Island at all because I can't seem to breed any extras so I can Teleport any there. And no luck with Jeeode at all... yet. Eventually, I'll get them and then I'll have fresh goals / challenges.

BUT - where are my Shugabush Island paths - I don't like that they have not introduced any new beloved paths with all these other new features.

moncilla
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by moncilla on Dec 17, 13 8:32 PM
F_O_A wrote:I don't mind the waiting - it keeps the game from getting too easy, tired and boring.... I like that they constantly introduce new ideas and make you work a little harder for each one. I still have no monsters on Ethereal Island at all because I can't seem to breed any extras so I can Teleport any there. And no luck with Jeeode at all... yet. Eventually, I'll get them and then I'll have fresh goals / challenges.

BUT - where are my Shugabush Island paths - I don't like that they have not introduced any new beloved paths with all these other new features.

yeah! Those paths! What I'm going to draw an eyebrow with for my island monstie?! .... I can live without it...

alinarouge
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by alinarouge on Dec 17, 13 8:40 PM
A lot of money or a lot of patience... the same Amletic story

Here, at first glance, the most important thing is to buy right away a MINI MINE!
I have just positioned it on my Shuga Island.
And one is done.
Then we have to think about the best strategy to follow in order not to "destroy" our original Islands and Gold one.
Maybe....maybe... maybe.... the best thing to do is to breed a new monster in the original islands dedicated on purpose to Shuga Island, in this way we will be able not to "involve" our existing monsters.
Maybe....
I have to think about

Very very very happy for Yools and also foe WUbbox on Air Island.
I am going to buy him later today because I have an egg.

Zoppy
Herring
Herring
381 Posts

[Post New]by Zoppy on Dec 17, 13 11:00 PM
Disbeliever wrote:Also, from what someone posted in another thread, it will cost 700 diamonds to buy the monsters on Shugabush Island even though some of these monsters can be bought for 30 diamonds on their home islands. Talk about price gouging! I mean, really, paying 700 diamonds for a Mammott? Come on now. That's just plain crazy. I was excited about the new island, but now, not so much.

Mammott costs NO diamonds if you teleport him from Plant, Cold, Air or Earth Islands. That is what I plan on doing. It only costs diamonds if you waste them spending them on getting them the wasteful way.

Also we got Wubbox on Air. This is great I love having lots of breeding and feeding to do!

pianogrinder
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by pianogrinder on Dec 17, 13 11:21 PM
All you have to do is breed monsters, level them up to 15, and whisk them away to Shugabush island. No diamonds spent.

alinarouge
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by alinarouge on Dec 18, 13 12:07 AM
Ahhhh che bello!!!
Great!
Two other cool improved changes I haven't observed!

1) Mini Mines has again the TIME!
I was "lost" when they have eliminated it...

2) In the Hotel, Occupants have their LEVEL!
That is super important
I have had try them each time because I did not remember their level....

try3cats
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
414 Posts

[Post New]by try3cats on Dec 18, 13 12:35 AM
Disbeliever wrote:OK, I think it's great that we get another island, with a new family. However, I think it totally sucks that we have to transport our level 15 monsters to that island, losing them on both their home island and gold island, only to have them end up in the nursery on Shugabush Island like the ethereal monsters did. The real kicker is that unlike the super-special ethereal monsters that transport to Ethereal Island, the monsters going to this island end up in the nursery for the full length of time that they did on their regular island. At least with the ethereal monsters, even though they spent at least 35 hours in the nursery the first time, they only had to spend 10 hours in there when they transported to Ethereal Island. The wait time will be less for the lower monsters, but much more for Deedge and Shugabush.

It also sucks that we will blow through food like crazy doing this, just like we did when trying to activate Wubbox on Gold Island. I wouldn't doubt it if we have the same lousy odds of successfully breeding a desired monster on Shugabush Island as we have with any Ethereal monsters, as well as Shugabush and Punkleton.

Also, from what someone posted in another thread, it will cost 700 diamonds to buy the monsters on Shugabush Island even though some of these monsters can be bought for 30 diamonds on their home islands. Talk about price gouging! I mean, really, paying 700 diamonds for a Mammott? Come on now. That's just plain crazy. I was excited about the new island, but now, not so much.

So, Far breeding does NOT suck.

I had one 2 element (whisp) out of 23 breedings on Ethereal, in the beginning.
Currently, I have a: Shugarock & 1 Mammott (50% success),A Shugabeats (100% success) and Shugavox (100% success)
Last are in the incubators and I will speed up the hatching later tonight.
I also breed and got 2 Sugabushes in a row (same parents- reluctant to send Clamble parent to Sugabush Island).

Frogger1345
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Frogger1345 on Dec 18, 13 12:42 AM
Also On Gold Island you can scroll thru your list to pick want Monster's you want. That is GREAT!

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,094 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Dec 18, 13 3:09 AM
alinarouge wrote:A lot of money or a lot of patience... the same Amletic story

Here, at first glance, the most important thing is to buy right away a MINI MINE!
I have just positioned it on my Shuga Island.
And one is done.
Then we have to think about the best strategy to follow in order not to "destroy" our original Islands and Gold one.
Maybe....maybe... maybe.... the best thing to do is to breed a new monster in the original islands dedicated on purpose to Shuga Island, in this way we will be able not to "involve" our existing monsters.
Maybe....
I have to think about

Very very very happy for Yools and also foe WUbbox on Air Island.
I am going to buy him later today because I have an egg.

well, i have "destroyed" plant island already, because i moved shugabush to the new island & the place doesn't seem the same without him. ghazt is there, but lacking in sound quality without shugabush. thinking of finally moving my ghazt to ethereal, & then i will have to breed both again. doubtless this will take forever.

will add that the prices are not going to happen with me. 700-1000 diamonds or more for many monsters? please. i can't see paying more than 150 diamonds for ANY of the monsters in the game. so i think i will not spend any more money on this game. they will be the poorer because i may continue to spend money on zynga's farmville2, where the prices are more reasonable in comparison. it's too bad, because this game has a lot of potential. but this frankly seems like a rich man's game.

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,094 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Dec 18, 13 3:10 AM
Zoppy wrote:
Disbeliever wrote:Also, from what someone posted in another thread, it will cost 700 diamonds to buy the monsters on Shugabush Island even though some of these monsters can be bought for 30 diamonds on their home islands. Talk about price gouging! I mean, really, paying 700 diamonds for a Mammott? Come on now. That's just plain crazy. I was excited about the new island, but now, not so much.

Mammott costs NO diamonds if you teleport him from Plant, Cold, Air or Earth Islands. That is what I plan on doing. It only costs diamonds if you waste them spending them on getting them the wasteful way.

Also we got Wubbox on Air. This is great I love having lots of breeding and feeding to do!

we got wubbox on air? this i will go look at... as soon as i save the 75 million

try3cats
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
414 Posts

[Post New]by try3cats on Dec 18, 13 3:30 AM
As it turn out, one in the nursery was a Shugabush, not Shugabeats. Same breeding time.
So the break down is this: ShugaBass, 3 breedings = 1 Bass & 2 Potbelly(33%) /
ShugaRock, 2, = 1 Rock & 1 Mammott(50%) / ShugaBuzz, 3, = 1 Furcorn, 1Shugabush & 1 Buzz(33%)/ ShugaVox, 1,= Vox (100%)/ ShugaBeats, 4, 1 Quibble, 2 Shugabush, & 1 Beat(25%).
So, my chances of getting what I breed for are 25% to 100% success rate, Or 5/13, Or 38 1/2%.

Jaymes007
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Jaymes007 on Dec 18, 13 4:47 AM
Here is a breading chart for Saugabush Island:

Saugabush + Potbelly = Saugabass
Saugabush + Pompom = Shugitar
Saugabush + Oaktopus = Shugajo
Saugabush + Mammott = Shugarock
Saugabush + Furcorn = Shugabuzz
Saugabush + Quibble = Shugabeats
Saugabush + Deedge = Shugavox

Edited on 12/18/2013 at 4:51:55 AM PST

euphoria
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Dec 18, 13 6:21 AM
Jaymes007 wrote:Here is a breading chart for Saugabush Island:

Oh, noes! Are we breading and eating new monsters now?

Time for another cookbook.

Edited on 12/18/2013 at 6:22:01 AM PST

[Post New]by PinotEnvy on Dec 18, 13 9:30 AM
I am way too addicted to these monsters. lol

Thanks for the breeding chart. My Wubbox has another 24 hours before he hatches and needs to be fed, so I will teleport my guys to Shugabush Isle instead and get started over there.

Go to: