orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Post Your Technical Issues For Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Hope Diamond CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by orphaned on Dec 19, 13 12:37 AM
please post here ...

Edited on 12/19/2013 at 8:47:04 AM PST

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Hope Diamond CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Dec 19, 13 12:58 AM
What are your problems with this game orphaned?

orphaned
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,080 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Hope Diamond CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by orphaned on Dec 19, 13 1:20 AM
dear MsFreddie:

as they said in Cool Hand Luke - what we have here is a failure to communicate!!

have merely set up the thread should any - inconceivably - arise!!!

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Dec 19, 13 5:54 AM
I can honestly say there's no bugs because I just got done beating it! ;v)

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Dec 19, 13 6:47 AM
I can't seem to buy the game. First when I went to the "buy" page for it there was nothing but a blank page. Could go anywhere else and it was fine but that page was just white. Then went back and everything was there but when I clicked on buy it just took me to my shopping cart where I was told it was empty.

I will try again later

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Dec 19, 13 6:53 AM
govols2 wrote:I can't seem to buy the game. First when I went to the "buy" page for it there was nothing but a blank page. Could go anywhere else and it was fine but that page was just white. Then went back and everything was there but when I clicked on buy it just took me to my shopping cart where I was told it was empty.

I will try again later

Having exact same problem - just finished the demo (which downloaded quickly), had no issues playing, and now can't buy. Sadface. Hope it gets fixed quickly.

druishprin
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by druishprin on Dec 19, 13 6:59 AM
I am having the same problem I can not buy this game!

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Dec 19, 13 7:03 AM
Same here. Unable to purchase the game. When I click on "BUY", it takes me to an "empty" shopping cart where the only option available is to "continue shopping".

lolaluv
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by lolaluv on Dec 19, 13 7:12 AM
Just tried to buy again, and it WORKED. Hope it works for the rest of you.

[Post New]by stuckinhell on Dec 19, 13 7:16 AM
Have the hairpin, first key, and need to get water for Sam. Cannot zoom in to the keyhole to use the pin to unlock the door. Can't go anywhere, and the guide shows the keyhole, stuck at the first sceen.

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Dec 19, 13 7:43 AM
Have the hairpin, first key, and need to get water for Sam. Cannot zoom in to the keyhole to use the pin to unlock the door. Can't go anywhere, and the guide shows the keyhole, stuck at the first sceen.

Ditto here. The lock on the door won't zoom in. I tried updating my video card driver (Nvidia GeForce), uninstalling, redownloading, and reinstalling, but that didn't work either. I wonder if it's a problem with Nvidia cards. What kind of video card do you have in your computer? I know I have more than enough memory on my system.

[Post New]by stuckinhell on Dec 19, 13 8:02 AM
NVDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Karen1946
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Karen1946 on Dec 19, 13 8:18 AM
having same problem with not getting to zoom in on door to get out of room. Can't go any further in game.

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Dec 19, 13 8:24 AM
At about 10 mins. into demo I decided to Quit and buy. Clicked on "Quit" and screen went black. Tried Ctrl/Alt/Delete to access Task Manager and screen kept going to black.

[Post New]by littlemouse7 on Dec 19, 13 8:26 AM
Had the same proeblm. Just made a new profile and played withot the tutorial (click no on the begining) and it works fine :-) regarding the keyhole problem.

Edited on 12/19/2013 at 8:28:29 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 19, 13 8:46 AM
Hey there Everyone,

Thanks for starting the tech thread orphaned!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post Your Technical Issues For Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Hope Diamond CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by stuckinhell on Dec 19, 13 9:23 AM
Thank you so much littlemouse7, followed your lead, and game played fine. Will wait to purchase until they get the kinks out.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues For Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Hope Diamond CE Here Only!!

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Dec 19, 13 9:27 AM
Hey Everyone,

Thank you all for letting us know about the issues with the cart. It seems the problem was escalated early this morning and should now be fixed. Please let us know if you continue having any problems purchasing the game.

For those of you having problem zooming into the keyhole, sometimes running the game as Administrator can help access files that may be blocked by your computer.

If this doesn't help, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be happy to help troubleshoot this problem.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by littlemouse7 on Dec 19, 13 9:51 AM
stuckinhell wrote:Thank you so much littlemouse7, followed your lead, and game played fine. Will wait to purchase until they get the kinks out.

even if you want the learner achivment you can get it only if you follow the tutorial steps and not skip it. It looks like th bug happens when you skip the tutorial.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Dec 19, 13 10:04 AM
Thanks to all - I was also stuck in the first scene, after I decided to end the tutorial. So after reading this thread, I went back in, deleted my first profile, made a new one and also on custom made sure I had no tutorial, and it was like a different game experience - wow. In the train compartment, I had little eyes pop up to see where to go, including something I hadn't even seen -- the window opens -- anyway, I was able to zoom in on the keyhole and use the hairpin to pick the lock. I did everything normally out in the corridor, so I think it's alright. By the way, I also have some version of NVDIA, not sure which.

Go to: