How Do I Get The "Going For The Gold" Achievement?

[Post New]by RastaPasta on Dec 19, 13 6:30 AM
Hello:

In this game the "Going For The Gold" Achievement requires that a player 'get a gold crown in every HOP.

I have no idea what the developer is talking about. Could anyone provide me with a bit of insight and advise me what I need to do in order to get that achievement? How would I get a "gold crown" in a HOP?

Thank you in advance for your attention in this matter.

Additionally, can someone tell me if I have the following acronyms correct?

HOS= Hidden Object Scene
HOP= Hidden Object Puzzle
HOPA= Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure

Edited on 12/19/2013 at 8:36:19 AM PST

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

How Do I Get The "Going For The Gold" Achievement?

[Post New]by shorenuf on Dec 19, 13 9:26 AM
RastaPasta wrote:Hello:

In this game the "Going For The Gold" Achievement requires that a player 'get a gold crown in every HOP.

I have no idea what the developer is talking about. Could anyone provide me with a bit of insight and advise me what I need to do in order to get that achievement? How would I get a "gold crown" in a HOP?

Thank you in advance for your attention in this matter.

Additionally, can someone tell me if I have the following acronyms correct?

HOS= Hidden Object Scene
HOP= Hidden Object Puzzle
HOPA= Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure

I'm not sure -- my assumption is if you complete a HO scene without mis-clicks and find the morphing object you might get gold. Hopefully you don't also have to beat some time limit. But, I'm slow, and find it diiffilult not to have mis-clicks when the HO scenes are interactive, so I will probably not get that achievement or some of the others either. (I was happy to get 5 objects in 5 seconds! )

Your definitions are correct.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

Re:How Do I Get The "Going For The Gold" Achievement?

[Post New]by Imberis on Dec 19, 13 10:23 AM
You can go into the "extras" menu and replay all of the HOS. They'll show a little crown on them, as well as your time and accuracy. You can replay them all to get to the gold level if you didn't do it the first time. (And I think you can replay them as much as you'd like.)

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jan 24, 14 3:04 PM
Hi Imberis .

I am now playing the bonus game, and not sure if there are MO'S in the bonus H0 scenes, or not?

THANKS....for the information you provided, HUGE help, was unaware of that info also, so very helpful to know that too

OMG...I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE..this game !

[Post New]by criseyde43 on Feb 16, 14 10:25 AM
Yes, there are morphing objects in the bonus chapter's HOPs. If you miss any during regular play, you can find them in the Extras replay of the Hidden Object Puzzles, while you're going for your gold crowns.

bongeri
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bongeri on Apr 21, 14 6:28 AM
I've gotten 100% on every HOP and I still don't have the "Going for Gold". I've gotten the "HOP in under 30 seconds" but still no "Gold". I'm at a loss.

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Jun 2, 14 7:35 PM
As far as I can tell, it's very difficult to get that achievement until after you finish the game. Once the bonus materials are unlocked, you can replay the HOPs in the "Extras" section. You earn a gold cup for a particular HOP based on both accuracy and speed; you not only have to finish the HOP in 60 seconds or less, but have a minimal number of mis-clicks. You can keep re-playing them, and I got the achievement fairly easily that way.

You can ALSO collect the morphing objects in the "Extras', btw.

sadies_dad
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by sadies_dad on Jul 6, 14 12:22 PM
In the bonus HOP puzzles, a little square appears in the lower right corner. Sometimes it's lit blue, and sometimes it's dark. What does this denote?

pysanky13
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by pysanky13 on Aug 8, 14 8:25 AM
the square glows blue when you have found the morphing object, if it is dark, you have yet to find it. this place is where the Smithsonian symbol is in regular scenes which also glows blue when you have found it.

Edited on 08/08/2014 at 8:33:31 AM PST

Go to: